PDA

View Full Version : broken NERO images?

bigral
December 14th, 2004, 12:53
Hello ALL!

I'm new to this forum and also new to DC at all. But I'm very impessed with DC console and have strong wish to start DC-development.

I have started my DC jorney by downloading two images marked as BOOT images. There was an small distrust in my head cause of very small NERO-images size ~50Kb and ~150Kb. Anyway, I have burned them to CDs. And because of some reasons they are NOT bootable. Anyone explain me what I'm doing wrong?
???

M@jk
December 14th, 2004, 14:50
Which version of NERO are you using? It`s reccomend to use only NERO 5.x.x.x versions.

bigral
December 15th, 2004, 02:07
Sorry I'm not at home now and not absolutely sure but it seems I'm using NERO 6.0.0.0; Is there someone who tested this images?

curt_grymala
December 15th, 2004, 07:20
If you're using Nero 6, then you will need to either download the CDI versions of those images and convert them to TAO nero images, or you will need to extract the images and create your own.

Nero 6.x will not properly burn the standard Nero images we had all used in the past. For some reason, it will only burn TAO (track-at-once) Nero images properly.

You can check out DCHelp for some info. Look, particularly, at the tutorial on "What Do I Do With Images?"

adriano_linux
February 7th, 2005, 23:36
try nnero 6.0 full

Mekanaizer
February 8th, 2005, 02:38
Hi

Maybe you forgot to scramble the binary.

Remmember:
Scramble *.bin files are to use as selfboot
Unscramble *.bin files are used to none-boot, *.SBI files.

Anyway test the CDs with DChakker or DreamMenu and try to see the resoltes of your programs.

-Mekanaizer-