PDA

View Full Version : PSP-PDA beta to be released tomorrow?

scarph
November 2nd, 2006, 21:05
A relatively new hacker on to the scene, working in close association with famed dev zx-81, by the name of scarf has released some information on his upcoming palm os emulator for psp called PSP-PDA. This full speed emulator uses the joystick as the stylus would be used, and associates other buttons to what would regularly be the home/email etc. buttons on a palm pilot

Look for a beta for this program to be released tomorrow by 3 P.M. Eastern Standard Time.

Looking forward to it!

The screen shot is a tad basic looking, its a little outdated.

Screen Via Comments

kando
November 2nd, 2006, 21:55
wouldnt u need the pda firmware files?

either way this is interesting indeed....can play noiz again!

Wally
November 2nd, 2006, 22:25
This sounds cool!

If only we had the touch screen attachment

scarph
November 2nd, 2006, 22:39
yea that touch me thing would be neat in this
i really have no idea how the app works.

MonkeyBoy1916
November 3rd, 2006, 02:09
I hate to break it to ya, but that pic you have is fake, anyone can tell that, and its poorly done too, first of all the pic wouldnt be that bright being on the PSP's screen, 2nd the rest of the PSP Screen wouldnt be straight black, it would have a shine to it, 3rd you can see the mess ups while making the screen black.

As for the info, i hope its true, but that pic is not :p

jvabbdac
November 3rd, 2006, 02:13
Thanks ! zx-81, you are out of HB communit a litle time, and you come back again with sytlus !!!!!

Thanks for all of your work done ! I can´t wait for use it...Now a can erase the last one programa PSP-PDA (this program never been updated) is not too usefull...

Rbman
November 3rd, 2006, 02:38
yeah that picture is fake

the one and only
November 3rd, 2006, 02:46
hahahaha that is soo fake

PlagueMusic
November 3rd, 2006, 02:51
very suspicious..

pkmaximum
November 3rd, 2006, 03:06
Lol... I won't comment till this is released. But if this is released tomoro that would be great ^_^

ZX-81 it would be really nice if you could comment on this....

nyrtrublue
November 3rd, 2006, 03:09
thats neat

would it be able to transfer files wit a real palm that would be sick

Kavik
November 3rd, 2006, 03:26
Whoa! :eek: This could be a killer app for the PSP, especially if it can run Palm conduits to allow you to sync your calendar and contacts.

And if it supports armlets, it will open up a whole new catalog of games that can be emulated on the PSP. :D

kiore
November 3rd, 2006, 03:38
Fake Fake Fake :p

watupgroupie
November 3rd, 2006, 03:41
ya and look who's posting the news too. the person who brung you fine fake psp images since 2005 lol jj i dont think you did this.

mavsman4457
November 3rd, 2006, 03:53
This would be awesome if it could indeed fully function like a plam so you could sync it to the computer and use the ir to transfer stuff to other palms. This is also great because palm has a PS1 emu so we can use the palm emulator to play PS1 games. Just kidding I'm not stupid. There's no way that that would work. It would be very fun to try though and I will be the first to try it. I'll tell you guys how good or bad it actually is. Don't expect much though as double emulation is not something that is meant to happen.

xchinamanx
November 3rd, 2006, 04:12
wow, i really want this now, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK even tho it might be fake

CandieC
November 3rd, 2006, 04:28
simply fake.... just like the dude that did the n64 emu, your a *** man

kando
November 3rd, 2006, 04:31
Lol... I won't comment till this is released. But if this is released tomoro that would be great ^_^

ZX-81 it would be really nice if you could comment on this....

u commented tho! :p :p :p

-=me=-
November 3rd, 2006, 04:42
bringer of fine fake psp images...... lol

jvabbdac
November 3rd, 2006, 04:52
Sh****t !!! I will just waiting for zx-81 talk about ! Everybody tell is a fake....
O man...i m so stupid !!! I tell that n64 fullspeed is a fake, and im right, in psone case... im too ! Man...how a can´t see how fake is it !?

yoshinatsu
November 3rd, 2006, 05:12
I hope its true, because its really cool.
BUT, do you put REAL PDA things like Windows Mobile, Pocket Skype etc.?

pkmaximum
November 3rd, 2006, 05:18
u commented tho! :p :p :p

I meant weather it was fake or real :rolleyes:

stJimmy
November 3rd, 2006, 05:21
I could do better than that and im 14!

jefdizon
November 3rd, 2006, 05:36
An obvious fake, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. :rolleyes:

If they're gonna emulate the Palm OS PDA, make sure it's the TapWave Zodiac version. :cool:

stimo
November 3rd, 2006, 08:42
you got a very nice picture there... i got an too...

http://www.xtremesr.com/imgupload/uploads/a6b1c3211e.jpg

tuta
November 3rd, 2006, 09:11
lol stimo thats totally fake
U ripped it of the original at pasted it on top of ur psp(or someone elses) look at those rough edges

But the actual thing look well erm totally fake lol

Regardless ZX-81's name is brought in to this and he hasnt responded so we just have to wait for more news

Kramer
November 3rd, 2006, 09:17
Hmm I have a feeling Djk is bullshitting us and just used zx-81's name in there so we would believe it.

But hey when zx-81 comes online we will find out.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 3rd, 2006, 10:06
He could have done a screenshot and then pasted it on a psp photo as a screenshot would look clearer then took a phograph to give us a better idea of how it would look.We will see tommorow.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 3rd, 2006, 10:10
lol stimo thats totally fake
U ripped it of the original at pasted it on top of ur psp(or someone elses) look at those rough edges

But the actual thing look well erm totally fake lol

Regardless ZX-81's name is brought in to this and he hasnt responded so we just have to wait for more news

Those so called rough edges look like light reflection from a flash.Like i said we will see tommorow.

Baboon
November 3rd, 2006, 10:26
He could have done a screenshot and then pasted it on a psp photo as a screenshot would look clearer then took a phograph to give us a better idea of how it would look.We will see tommorow.

Yep that is probably the case. Its not hard to fake it... the Robocop arcade game image in my sig is a quick 2minute Photoshop job (it doesn’t look that good yet unfortunately on Mame4all lol).

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 3rd, 2006, 10:33
Don't shoot the guy down yet peeps give him chance to prove his worth if he is full of shit THEN let the bullets fly.Babbon any chance you can do me a sig m8 ? pm me.

Baboon
November 3rd, 2006, 11:00
Don't shoot the guy down yet peeps give him chance to prove his worth if he is full of shit THEN let the bullets fly.Babbon any chance you can do me a sig m8 ? pm me.

I guess we will have to wait and see (this would be quite a handy app too) wether its fake or not?

Pm sent. ;)

scarph
November 3rd, 2006, 11:09
seemed i mightve been hosed
i never actually got a chance to play this thing
until theres evidence against this thing i still say its real

Kramer
November 3rd, 2006, 11:12
where did you get this new's from?

PSPKOR
November 3rd, 2006, 11:19
Good news if it is released, I use the first PSP pda quite a bit for tweeking my Lua programs. So hope there will be a new one.

scarph
November 3rd, 2006, 11:21
ive been in contact with someone over at qj.net for a while, i don't want to say who as of now, but he sent me a screeny and all the info i posted

Kramer
November 3rd, 2006, 11:23
Is there a thread over at QJ about it? because I doubt someone from QJ would give you news to post here before he posted it there.

o no its not like a news story.
some guy i know that only uses pspupdates is a dev
and he was talking to me about it on AIM

no comment.

scarph
November 3rd, 2006, 11:27
o no its not like a news story.
some guy i know that only uses pspupdates is a dev
and he was talking to me about it on AIM

stimo
November 3rd, 2006, 12:29
Fake Fake

sroon
November 3rd, 2006, 12:47
LOL Thats one dirty psp!
ewwww
cant wait to play some nipple rubing game...

( O ) ( O )

BlackJack23
November 3rd, 2006, 12:56
If this were real I would be very happy.
There is an official palm port of Age of Empires you know.

StealthCP
November 3rd, 2006, 13:17
hehehe... April Fools...

fistikuffs
November 3rd, 2006, 15:44
FAKE! This guys nuts should be cut off!

Russoxley187
November 3rd, 2006, 15:54
Wishful thinkin

Mr.Denny
November 3rd, 2006, 16:31
Looks like a photoshop job to me.

psp_freak
November 3rd, 2006, 16:47
I hate to break it to ya, but that pic you have is fake, anyone can tell that, and its poorly done too, first of all the pic wouldnt be that bright being on the PSP's screen, 2nd the rest of the PSP Screen wouldnt be straight black, it would have a shine to it, 3rd you can see the mess ups while making the screen black.

As for the info, i hope its true, but that pic is not :p

im pretty sure the pic is real... if he was just displaying a photo, the network light wouldn't be on. the pic isnt high quality, but i think its reel...

kando
November 3rd, 2006, 17:26
so where is it? this post was a waste....these posts should wait until it is actually released.

im rather upset that this isnt out yet.

Baboon
November 3rd, 2006, 17:40
Well its passed the suposed deadline. If this is fake should'nt the thread be locked (seeing as it's useless)?

kando
November 3rd, 2006, 17:44
lol baboon is that robocop on that psp in your sig? :P

Baboon
November 3rd, 2006, 17:47
I'd buy that for a dollar! :)

kando
November 3rd, 2006, 17:48
hehehehehe ^_^

Kramer
November 3rd, 2006, 17:50
if its fake I say perma ban djk

Zion
November 3rd, 2006, 18:28
Lets give it a chance, Everything either gets delayed or is late.

sfish
November 3rd, 2006, 18:56
Well its passed the suposed deadline. If this is fake should'nt the thread be locked (seeing as it's useless)?

The posted time is 3pm EST which is still an hour away. I still think this isn't going to materialize, but they have a little more than 60 minutes to avoid being filleted alive. :D :eek:

weirdelf
November 3rd, 2006, 19:44
he should change his sig before posting stuff like this

pkmaximum
November 3rd, 2006, 19:51
LOL, why do I have so much doubts on this being released =P

kando
November 3rd, 2006, 19:52
8 minutes remaining...

Russoxley187
November 3rd, 2006, 19:56
4 min left...

I think its a scam too

kando
November 3rd, 2006, 20:12
*cough* times up. lock the thread.

scarph
November 3rd, 2006, 20:26
hiya i just got home
no word from the guy called scarf yet
he hasn't signed online

be patient

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 3rd, 2006, 20:27
Smelling fishy already !!!

scarph
November 3rd, 2006, 20:45
Here it is
Warning-I don't know the credibility of this guy
I'm not sure if this could brick or not so I'm not going to try it until confirmed.

http://www.uploading.com/files/ZM640B5V/PSP_PDA_beta.zip.html

mavsman4457
November 3rd, 2006, 20:45
I'll hold off on saying anything until the clock strikes 12.

Kavik
November 3rd, 2006, 21:01
Anyone try it yet? I'm at work so I can't download or check it out until I get home... :(

kiore
November 3rd, 2006, 21:09
The guy is a clown The files work but its 48 pong not pda .perma ban this hoax'er

jaydoo
November 3rd, 2006, 21:12
oh well, at least it was a harmless prank.

mavsman4457
November 3rd, 2006, 21:16
My PSP is in New York getting the analog stick mod. Anyone try it yet? They way djk said it it sounds like it's a bricker. Not to mention I don't trust djk because he just does stuff for his own gain like his everlasting thread of "things that are actually fun for psp." Don't trust him.

mavsman4457
November 3rd, 2006, 21:17
It's not harmless. This guy is an idiot and he always does this kind of stuff. Ban the kid.

kiore
November 3rd, 2006, 21:20
bad things find their way to bad people ,yours is coming djk

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 3rd, 2006, 21:26
The guyz a prat !!!! if he is a renonwed hoaxer ban him see if he finds that funny.

mavsman4457
November 3rd, 2006, 22:18
We should have seen it coming as no coder would announce their release to a nobody in the homebrew scene. Why would this supposed coder tell djk that he is going to release something as opposed to wraggster. We all should have seen this coming and wraggster also. Wraggster should not have posted this on the front page because it was speculation but wraggy has had slow news days so he thought this might bring it out of the dumps. Wraggy, just wait and in time there will be big releases. Don't worry about it if the news sucks, it's not your fault.

FOL
November 3rd, 2006, 22:43
We should have seen it coming as no coder would announce their release to a nobody in the homebrew scene. Why would this supposed coder tell djk that he is going to release something as opposed to wraggster. We all should have seen this coming and wraggster also. Wraggster should not have posted this on the front page because it was speculation but wraggy has had slow news days so he thought this might bring it out of the dumps. Wraggy, just wait and in time there will be big releases. Don't worry about it if the news sucks, it's not your fault.

From the first post, it was obvious, as he posted it, then at the end said he didnt know what it is or words to that effect.

Jmanpsp
November 3rd, 2006, 23:03
ok 3:00 eastern time there no PSP-PDA up yet

Kramer
November 3rd, 2006, 23:07
lol it was a fake, I didnt see that coming.

Djk should be banned for stuffing DCEmu around and getting them to post fake news. Im pretty sure he just made the whole thing up on his own.

kiore
November 4th, 2006, 03:00
Should start a new thread discussion on how much of a looser djk is by rubbing his nose in his own sh**.That'll learn him

Cap'n 1time
November 4th, 2006, 03:13
I have moved this from front page news to another section. This seems obviously fake to me. untill zx-81 confirms it, or I can actually use the executable I do not want to see this even in "submit news" And be warned creator of this post, If i dont see results you will be punished VERY HARSHLY. I dont like to see DCemu turning into a rumor mill and no one else does.

To the staff :If and when this is proven false or true feel free to delete this post and either move this to the trash bin or news. Any issues or comments there is a thread you know where.

Should start a new thread discussion on how much of a looser djk is by rubbing his nose in his own sh**.That'll learn him

Immature comments like these will also not be tolerated.

Tetris999
November 4th, 2006, 03:16
i agree that is a F-A-K-E picture

BAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA im laughing at captain awsome sig right now lmao im laughing so hard hahahaahahahahahah ok ill stop that is so god damn funny

splodger15
November 4th, 2006, 10:08
If you look in his sig it says "bringing you fine fake psp images since 2005"

It is a fake until zx-81 can confirm but in the meantime just ban him

scarph
April 14th, 2007, 22:02
bringing back a classic