PDA

View Full Version : PSPUAE 0.61 Released (Amiga Emulator)

Hungry Horace
November 3rd, 2006, 01:07
The PSPUAE team have released version 0.61 of PSPUAE. See below for details on the changes.

This major updates have been contributed by thinkp, the latest coder to join the team, whilst FOL has continued the trend with some minor clean-up work.

Please feel free to welcome thinkp to the PSPUAE site and the team. He should already know his work on improved save-state funtionality and control setups is greatly appriciated by myself!

V0.61 - thinkp update
- optionfiles with names (name_of_the_disk.options)
- savestates with names (name_of_the_disk.asf)
- auto-save options when saving state (in folder STATE )
- auto-load options when loading state (from folder STATE )
- auto-load options when inserting disk
- assign keys in controls menu with amiga keyboard
(press square to open/close keyboard and cross to select, triangle to delete button)
- assign keyboard keys to the 4 d-pad directions in combination with the l+r shoulder buttons
(set 'Directional Buttons' in controls menu to 'Keys')
- mouse speed option in hardware menu (from 5 [fast] to 1 [slow])
- hi-res mouse speed option in hardware menu (from 5 [fast] to 1 [slow])
- dual joystick control - same joystick on d-pad AND the analogue stick
- Added folders for all files, now only the main EBOOT is in main folder (FOL)

The official release pack, direct from PSPUAE.com is attached below. Enjoy!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

FOL
November 3rd, 2006, 01:24
Heres a pic of 1 of the improved features.

Load named savestates:-

http://pspuae.condor.serverpro3.com/tp-images/Image/1162514211menu.gif

The above pick shows alot of the savestates packs myself and horace have been working on to eliminate floppies and load times.

scarph
November 3rd, 2006, 01:46
Nice guys
Good work
Everyone loves what you do!!!!

gunntims0103
November 3rd, 2006, 02:16
yea really great job guys

10shu
November 3rd, 2006, 05:32
cool...thank for your hard work!!!

inakaguy
November 3rd, 2006, 06:19
Ask and ye shall receive! Fantastic! I asked if it was possible to the directional keys to the d pad and here it is within one build. Great work guys and thanks!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 3rd, 2006, 09:13
Always nice tro see a update of this emu any speed increases ??.

FOL
November 3rd, 2006, 09:35
Rics, currently working on adding the FAME C Core, which should hopefully give us a speed increase. Rics currently busy atm, so hes working on it when he gets chance, so we all have to wait, ;).

Ment to point out, the dir structure has been changed, i.e. everything has a folder now. So nothing it spewed out into the main folder, it will all go in the correct folders.

example:- KICKS are the new location for your kickrom files.

Shiesty
November 3rd, 2006, 09:46
gangsta gangsta

Amiga
November 3rd, 2006, 10:06
nice1,thanks guys

rj2005
November 3rd, 2006, 10:23
Great news! Favorite computer - Favorite emulator! Any update is great!

And the speed just needs a little boost to be

P E R F E C T!

Just a quick question, I'm having trouble to organize the adf's, it seems not to respect the alphabetical order sometimes and when I add a new adf on the folder it just goes to the end of the list...

Hungry Horace
November 3rd, 2006, 11:21
yeah, there is no sorting-routine for organising the file-lists (savestates too), so much like the PSP when add new homebrew, files simply go to the back of the queue.

i'm afraid as priorities go, for things to fix, this one will no doubt be at the bottom of the list.

edit- i'd still say that, to be "perfect" it needs quite a healthy speed boost, but to make everything playable, not so much ;)

geise69
November 3rd, 2006, 12:23
Yeah the FAME C Core worked wonders for the UAE4ALL on the GP2X. I've been playing my GP2X non-stop since. Nothing like full speed/near full speed Shadow of the Beast and Agony on the go. Hopefully the new core will have the same impact on this UAE version as well. This is a nice release guys and I look forward to seeing your next release. Thanks for your hard work, it definitly is much appreciated.

Vega
November 3rd, 2006, 13:33
Great release guys. Playing leisure suit larry on this is loads of fun. Good job and thanks a million.

shadowhawk22
November 3rd, 2006, 17:28
Thanks! Keep up the good work!!!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 3rd, 2006, 20:14
Still needs alot of work to be perfect but its one of those i keep my eyes on hoping one day it will be perfect.Great work Horace keep it up !!.

FOL
November 3rd, 2006, 22:22
Still needs alot of work to be perfect but its one of those i keep my eyes on hoping one day it will be perfect.Great work Horace keep it up !!.

Thankyou, thats the way to reply, unlike those certain people over at pspupdates, who always give negative comments, bloody sick of hearing "ask ZX-81 to give you lesson in making it faster".

There has been alot of speed increases to date, and the FAME C core will hopefully give the ultimate, just a question of giving Ric the time to add it. People need to chill and be thankful its still being updated. Id also think we have gained a friend in the form of the person who has ported E-UAE to GP2X, as we have started sharing information, which could help both emulators.

I must stress this though, some people are selfish, they expect you stick at SPEED SPEED SPEED improvements, but theres more than 1 person, plus it takes time. Others have asked for things to be implemented (not known to thinkp at the time), and this release adds what people wanted and not 1 person.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 4th, 2006, 07:38
To quote a famous vulcan THE NEEDS OF THE MANY OUTWEIGH THE NEEDS OF THE FEW OR THE ONE.lmao.ps liked the new interface nice quick and not to flashy.

nexus68
November 4th, 2006, 15:15
Great emu, thanks for this update.
I find the zoom mode not very suitable, a fullscreen or a mode zoom like on snes9xTYL is better. Perhaps in the futur.

FOL
November 5th, 2006, 09:37
Great emu, thanks for this update.
I find the zoom mode not very suitable, a fullscreen or a mode zoom like on snes9xTYL is better. Perhaps in the futur.

Indeed, maybe in the future. At the moment, the filter functions do not work on the PSP, so we are unable to stretch the image as we need. If you tell it to use the full screen, it ends up having a negative effect, and the whole screen shifts, but stays small.

Until its either added to the E-UAE source or someone from pspuae.com looks into it, then zoom is the next best thing.

sroon
December 1st, 2006, 04:31
AWW SAWEEEET!
thank you guys for your Awsome work!
( O ) ( O )

pspfanatik
December 2nd, 2006, 07:09
Wow! Amazing work! Keep it up fellas!