PDA

View Full Version : 4GB SanDisk Pro Duo?

gordon
November 3rd, 2006, 06:08
:confused:

Okay I was wondering can I use a 4GB SanDisk Pro Duo with firmware 1.5? Will the 1.5 firmware recognize the 4gbs?

I don't wanna upgrade. I heard the "Custom Firmware" should be good. However I was wondering if i use the custom firmware will I be able to downgrade my psp back to 1.5?

I don't wanna be stuck with a custom firmware because I still have warrenty on my PSP with EbGames.

If anyone has any useful input please reply! It is greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

one winged angel
November 3rd, 2006, 07:39
te psp firmeware 1.5 has the data system fat16 so its supports memory stick up to 4GB

bah
November 3rd, 2006, 10:09
No problems at all with the memory stick, I've got a 4 gig sandisk ultra II card and it works great on my fw1.5 psp. As one winged angel said, 4gb is the maximum size you can use on any firmware lower than 2.81.

You can downgrade back to 1.5 easily from the custom firmware, a lot of people are running it and seem very happy.
As with anything that writes to your psp's internal flash there is a small risk of bricking, but with the amount of happy users with no reports of major issues I'd say its safe so long as you know what your doing.

gordon
November 3rd, 2006, 15:55
Hmm intresting. Bah are you using the custom firmware?

So say I have my old MAX 4gb psp hardrive, can I take out the hardrive inside the unit and replace it with a 8GB Compact flash card?
Then the unit will be acutally useful because the old 4gb hardrive it came with lagged so bad. Where as the acutally CF card has faster read/write times. The socket fits a CF card perfectly. Thats what alot of poeple have done, they have replaced the shitty 4gb hardrive the the datel unit and replaced it with a CF card.

But if i use any format the psp will only detect 4gb max right? Or what if the Compact FLash memory is 8gb fat16?
Would I be able to have 8gb?

bah
November 3rd, 2006, 19:03
I'm running 1.5.

I know nothing of the MAX hdd other than they are crap.
Replacing the hdd with a 4gb cf card inside that unit may work as you say (I've never looked into), anything larger wont. You can't use anything larger than 4gb on any firmware lower than 2.81.

Just get a proper sandisk memory stick pro duo and ditch the adapter.

kando
November 3rd, 2006, 19:19
You can't use anything larger than 4gb on any firmware lower than 2.81.

actually i believe its any firmware lower than 2.80....2.80 got the 8gb compatibility, it just wasnt mentioned in the update text.

VampDude
November 3rd, 2006, 19:47
You can't use anything larger than 4gb on any firmware lower than 2.81.

actually i believe its any firmware lower than 2.80....2.80 got the 8gb compatibility, it just wasnt mentioned in the update text.

think it's 2.81, it's been mentioned somewhere here before round about 2 months ago, but you can use 2gb and 4gb memcards on psp's from 1.50 - 2.80 cause im using a datel 4gb hd on my 1.50

SSaxdude
November 3rd, 2006, 19:56
4 gb Sandisk for $100: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820171130
yes they do work on 1.5, I know someone who owns a 4 gb for his 1.5.

gordon
November 3rd, 2006, 22:25
Do you guys think its a good buy right now? Should I wait or get the 4gb now?