PDA

View Full Version : From 2.7 to 2.71SE-B" ????

hart91
November 3rd, 2006, 13:49
:confused: Okay so i've been sold on the 2.71SE-B" firmware but I currently have 2.7 running

So my question is how do i get from 2.7 to 2.71SE-B" ?? what is the best path to take and what do I need to get there:confused:

I assume I will have to go....

2.7 > 2.71 > 1.5 > 2.71SE-B"

(I am fairly sure I don't have a TA-082)

I would very much appreciate the help, thanks.

Kramer
November 3rd, 2006, 13:53
yep youve got the process right. just wait ill find one of those pictures to check if you have TA-082

edit:here ya go
http://www.divineo.de/divineo_support/products/psp-udpl/files/ta-082%20check.jpg

now ill find the downgrader ya need lol.

EDIT:
2.71 update
http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/47

2.71 downgrader with all the stuff ya need
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/829

hart91
November 3rd, 2006, 14:36
Thanks kramer, no tell tale text on my motherboard so should be no problem!!...can't wait for the benefits of 2.71SE-B"!!!!!

can't do right now but will let you know how it goes as soon as I have tried...thanks again!!

Kramer
November 3rd, 2006, 14:38
yep no problem dude.

hart91
November 6th, 2006, 09:41
ah?....does it matter if I use the US 2.71 update?, my PSP was purchased here in UK, probably doesn't matter but thought i'd better check??? thanks in advance..

Kramer
November 6th, 2006, 09:42
nope doesnt matter.

hart91
November 6th, 2006, 10:23
so,

1) I update to 2.71 (done!),

2) I install 'HEN C' (not yet done) once succesful I..

3) use the 1.5 update, and then finally I need the..

4) 2.71SE-B" update and apply like any other firmware, correct??

I am just bieng cautious and making sure I get this right so I don't end up with a bricked psp, you understand....

Kramer
November 6th, 2006, 11:01
yeah install henc then run the generic downgrader
then once your downgraded download this
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/854
read the readme and find out how to install it (it's not hard at all) then once you've installed it run this once http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/885

hart91
November 6th, 2006, 14:02
OKAY, HEN C done, no prob

now it says the bundle includes 1.5 firmware to dowgrade to, sure enough there is an UPDATE.PBP there, when accessed from the XMB it says update ver x.yz?? is that right, is it the 1.5 update?? gotta be sure ya know...thanks in advance!

Kramer
November 6th, 2006, 14:11
just wait ive never used it so ill have a look at it for ya.

EDIT: yeah your good to go.

hart91
November 6th, 2006, 14:35
Thanks....here goes!!!! (gulp!)

YES....sigh of relief...not a single hitch...so far so good!!!

1.7>1.71>1.5...nearly there!!!

hart91
November 6th, 2006, 16:05
The DXAR maker seems to be taking a long time to finish?
it checked 1.5>extracted & packed
it checked 2.71>extracted & packed

screen went black......memstick light flashing though does pause every now & then....not panicking yet but is this right?? a good 5 minutes so far....

(okay.....done now....ignore above)

now onto the risky part again!

potatoman
November 6th, 2006, 16:14
good luck!
im too scared to try this on my 2nd psp, tried it on the 1st one, pushed off switch by accident :(
im on reverse devhook now :)

hart91
November 6th, 2006, 16:54
right, done it.....I'm now on 2.71SE-B but I can't get the update patch for SE-B" to run....when I go to Game on the XMB it just freezes????? not sure what is going on with that can anyone help

Many thanks to kramer for all his help so far!!!

Kramer
November 6th, 2006, 17:03
Many thanks to kramer for all his help so far!!!

No probs dude.

theres a bug in the first release of SE-B that freezes the game menu if you dont have a folder in the root of your memory stick called ISO. So create that folder and you will be good to update and once you've updated the bug will be gone.

hart91
November 7th, 2006, 13:16
well, after much downloading, flashing (sweating) and valuable help from kramer...(many thanks dude!) I am now the proud owner of a psp with 2.71SE-B" firmware :D , and let me you, for those of you trying to make up your minds.....this firmware ROCKS!!! :cool: , and with VCS(UMD) arriving tomorrow, times ahead are looking really SWEET!

GO ON!! you know you want to, Dark Alex and many other talented people have done the hard work so you don't have to!!!!!:D

potatoman
November 7th, 2006, 16:11
can i ask, whats the point of the " at the end, does it do anything extra or what?
i mean does 2.71 se-b differ from 2.71 se-b"

hart91
November 7th, 2006, 23:15
yes, it does differ starting with SE-A and then SE-B(1) revised versions SE-B'(2) & SE-B"(3). there are some key fixes in the revised versions, the thing I was after was being able to play GTA VCS from the original UMD without having to (a)dump an image file or (b) update my firmware beyond homebrew enabled limits.

kqzalf
November 9th, 2006, 20:00
i am having trouble agian

how do i get ir shell to work

can someone tell me what emulators work in this custom firmware

thank you for your help

mikebeaver
November 10th, 2006, 15:23
Kramer, big thank you, I have been running reverse devhook on my 2,71 for a month since i got my psp, been worried about upgrading to any custom firmware, you small gide here was SO helpful that i am now happily running se-b3 on my psp, THANK YOU!!
this is the simplest, most comprehensive method f installing se-b3.

Kramer
November 10th, 2006, 22:46
Kramer, big thank you, I have been running reverse devhook on my 2,71 for a month since i got my psp, been worried about upgrading to any custom firmware, you small gide here was SO helpful that i am now happily running se-b3 on my psp, THANK YOU!!
this is the simplest, most comprehensive method f installing se-b3.

cool no probs.
Maybe I should write up a proper guide.

splodger15
November 11th, 2006, 11:09
You should do that so it will be easy for new comers

Kramer
November 11th, 2006, 11:15
Yeah im definetly going to, but not today maybe tomorrow.

mikebeaver
November 11th, 2006, 14:40
Good plan mate, do you have any idea on running irshell? am just getting it up as a currupted icon at the moment, am running out of space on the ms already and without irshell i cant use usbhost :(
thanks for all your help.

splodger15
November 11th, 2006, 15:11
Good plan mate, do you have any idea on running irshell? am just getting it up as a currupted icon at the moment, am running out of space on the ms already and without irshell i cant use usbhost :(
thanks for all your help.

What firmware are you running

jak66
November 11th, 2006, 15:17
What firmware are you running

my guess is hes on 2.71 SE
if hehad dug around the psp hombrew and emultion section he would have found two different threads with fixed irshell, nevermind, everyone asks questions before looking, let me find the link now

EDIT:
thread 1 with irshell fixed (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41658)
thread 2 with irshell fixed (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39814)
both on page 2 of the psp hombrew and emultion section.

mikebeaver
November 12th, 2006, 12:44
fixed thanks, i dug around on the forums and found it myself, but thanks for the links jak66.finnaly can run deadalus with some music, yey :)