PDA

View Full Version : wii SD mem card

VampDude
November 3rd, 2006, 15:18
is it a MINI-SD or a MICRO-SD, everywhere just says SD. but theres different sizes, I only wanna know so I can have a decent sized mem card ready for when I get my wii (when it's released)

abeisgreat
November 3rd, 2006, 15:32
why would you even bother with a mem card just store it on the internal mem

BlueCrab
November 3rd, 2006, 17:50
I'm assuming its just a normal SD card (not miniSD, not microSD). Everything I've seen seems to suggest that.

kando
November 3rd, 2006, 17:59
if it just says "SD" its just an SD-card....otherwise it would definatly say "mini-sd" or "micro-sd" aka "transflash"

so it just SD.

VampDude
November 3rd, 2006, 18:26
why would you even bother with a mem card just store it on the internal mem

cause 512mb is'nt really that much when you think about it, for gamesaves it's more than enough. but Nintendo are gonna be providing a download service, which im gonna be using, but if I was to download a few N64 games (say 4 or 5 @ roughly 100mb each) it would more than likely use all the mem...

...just thinking in advance, I hate not having memory!

houseonfire
November 3rd, 2006, 20:09
I'm gonna get a 4gb memory card or two for my Wii. I want plenty of games and homebrew apps i can find :)

fg-54
November 6th, 2006, 00:27
i hope that hombrew comes to the wii, homebrew is awesome, specialy on the wii.....couse i say so.

kcajblue
November 6th, 2006, 00:39
homebrew will kick everythings ass on the Wii.

The Hombrew Hunter
November 6th, 2006, 01:56
Besides Twilight Princess, mind you.

Destroyer699
November 6th, 2006, 03:18
Imagine the homebrew capabilites with a wiimote.

abeisgreat
November 6th, 2006, 04:40
it will rock, the day i get my wii im gonna hack the heck out of it!

BlueCrab
November 6th, 2006, 21:01
cause 512mb is'nt really that much when you think about it, for gamesaves it's more than enough. but Nintendo are gonna be providing a download service, which im gonna be using, but if I was to download a few N64 games (say 4 or 5 @ roughly 100mb each) it would more than likely use all the mem...

...just thinking in advance, I hate not having memory!I'm pretty sure that even the largest of N64 games only got to about 64 MB. I may be wrong, but that's what I recall hearing... (And I know for a fact that games like Mario 64 were more like 8 MB)

MikeDX
November 6th, 2006, 21:08
homebrew hasnt even shown us anything worthy with a touch screen... what makes you so sure homebrew can do anything worthy with a wiimote :)

chemical
November 7th, 2006, 22:02
Homebrew on Wii would be awesome, but i'd imagine very hard to program using the wiimote sensors, I'm sure something will happen. And I can't wait ;-D!

Imagine a Drum emu like with DS, but instead of touching the pictures you use two wiimotes to play, and like hold the A button to use drum 1, B for Drum 2, etc.

sonikku88
November 8th, 2006, 01:04
Imagine a Drum emu like with DS, but instead of touching the pictures you use two wiimotes to play, and like hold the A button to use drum 1, B for Drum 2, etc.

Why would you use two Wiimotes? The nunchuck is motion sensored too, y'know.

Don't you guys forget that the Wii has two USB ports on the back of it. Can you say external USB HDD and USB flash drive? :D

Junixx
November 8th, 2006, 02:04
Mmm...hrmm...linux port....sound interesting

I heart Nintendo
November 14th, 2006, 22:36
I ordered a 1 gig SD card for my camera and then all the stuff about SD card 'n Wii started cropping up, so I'm like "Yeeeeaaaahh!!!"

I might be sad and buy the official Wii SD card though. Yep. I heart Nintendo THAT much.