PDA

View Full Version : Why dangit why doesnt anyone work on devhook?

Tetris999
November 3rd, 2006, 15:46
i think booster is long gone why doesnt anyone wanna work on such a cool app seriously its been very long and there hasnt been an update for .46 face ppl booster is gone i think due to his lawsuits and i bet our devhooks are gonna stop at 2.71 anyway why doesnt someone make like a new devhook or sumthing i know we dont have the source or anything but we could try bah just a thought

no insults rumors to anyways its my thought

splodger15
November 3rd, 2006, 15:59
If you may have looked around the internet it said he has been busy at other stuff and there is no need to release it yet and you probaly didnt see my thread here

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40391

steve-b
November 3rd, 2006, 15:59
what exactly does it need updated for? it can play every game right now. I guess when it can no longer do that, someone might pick it up and tweak it.

tuta
November 3rd, 2006, 16:03
Not long ago u posted this so thats ur answer to this thread
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37389

Aside from legality issues and such theres 2.71 se thats capable of running 2.81 firm umd(GTA VCS,ace combat and others)why do we a new one now?

I guess we need to totally stop threads like
why nobodies doing something?
why theres no updates?
why theres no news?
is he dead?

all these are factors why devs are bored if u keep pestering them they lose desire to give us cool stuff which are free to public.

I am sure someone will do something and now theres 2.71-se u want 2.81 umds update to it if u cudnt careless then stick to ur 1.5 and stop threads like this
if ur so impatient wait till 3.0 comes if by then no devhook after months of 3.0 release then u could start posting something like this

were gettin free stuff here so give developers some space and time they live a life ya know

and sorry if I offended anyone

splodger15
November 3rd, 2006, 16:06
Aside from legality issues and such theres 2.71 se thats capable of running 2.81 firm umd

What about when the disks need 2.82 they are not going to work then

tuta
November 3rd, 2006, 16:14
What about when the disks need 2.82 they are not going to work then

No one can answer that question coz no 2.82 umd has been out but if u read this

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41189

se-b" bypass sfo in real umd so most probably(I think) it would work as 2.81 and 2.82 diff is a security patch dun thinks its a umd patch rite:D

but if it doesnt work ppl will go to the extent of backing up and modding legit back ups to work with it like the old days when devhook wasnt around

but umds that require 2.81 features would not work as were emulating 2.71 but so far no umds has gone to that extent

oh ok now I remember the star trek game does have problems with its text with dev 2.71 but like I said it was fixed so homebrew still rocks and psp wudnt survive till now if there wasn't a homebrew aspect of it(Grow up sony)

BL4Z3D247
November 3rd, 2006, 16:52
damn Tetris999 u gotta look thru the threads :rolleyes:, Booster's working on a 2.82 devhook

Tetris999
November 4th, 2006, 03:13
i got my butt kicked so yeah i havent got update on psp news recently