PDA

View Full Version : MAME - Best One??

paranoidmunkey
November 3rd, 2006, 16:00
Howdy

I have got my PSP to 2.71 SE and its great, the Neo-Geo CD emu is unreal and the CPS1/Megadrive/PCEngine are also fantastic, I tried a MAME though and it was quite slow and not very complete.

Is there a ongoing MAME project out there for PSP thats looking good?? I know I could just grab the 4 odd I have found to try them, but I am interested with what people advise.

Ta

Baboon
November 3rd, 2006, 16:27
I think all of the mame projects are dead? ...there hasnt been any updates on any of them for ages. :(

The best of the bunch for me is mame4all 0.03. Most of the games that I wanted to work do on this version, plus theres analog support and a full screen option (although it does make the graphics a bit blocky for some games).

My current favs (that work well) on this emu are: Sly Spy, Robocop, Hellfire, Gradius, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Bomb Jack, Tetris, Wonderboy, Ghost and Goblins and Silk Worm. :)

I'm really hoping bubble bobble and the Simpsons will be compatible one day (de ja vu?).

paranoidmunkey
November 3rd, 2006, 17:05
Great, I will give that one a go, shame most are dead though, thank god for the CPS1 emu and the Neo-Geo (I have a supergun at home so I am very big on Neo games).

I am pleased Ghosts and Goblins is on your list :)

Fancy a bit of Bank Panic and Commando myself, plus I like the shoot-um-ups in the main.

Baboon
November 3rd, 2006, 17:36
Here what ive got running great on mame4all:

Alien syndrome
Altered beast
Akanoid2 revengoe of doh
Asteroids deluxe (rev2)
Bad dudes vs dragon ninja
Bomb jack
Dark seal
Defender
Donkey knog 3 - not fuly tested
Double dragon 1&2
Dynamite dux (bootleg) - although the main character sprite looks a bit messy
Galaga
Gauntlet 1 &2
Ghost n goblins
Ghouls n ghosts - although this runs alot better on NJS CPS1
Golden Axe
Gradius
Green Beret - although it crashes now and again
Hellfire
Hypersports
Ikari Warriors
Indian Jones and the temple of doom
Klax (set 1)
Konami GT
Kung Fu Master
Mario Bros - not fully tested yet
Midnight Resistance
POW
Pacland - but with no sound
Paperboy
Prehistoric Isle in 1930
Rainbow Islands - no sound
Return of the jedi
Robocop
Rygar
Shinobi
Silkworm
Sly Spy
Snow Bros (set 1)
Space Invader part 2 - no sound
Star Wars - crashes now and again
Street Fighter
Super PacmanSuperman
Tetris
The real ghostbusters
Three Wonders (again this is better on NJs)
Tiger Road
Toki
Toobin
Track & Field
Vigilante - no sound
Wonder Boy
Xybots
Zaxxon - no sound

:)

Cheyzak
November 4th, 2006, 14:07
Can you play King of Fighters on Mame4all? If not could it be played with NeoGeo emu?

nemoseiya
November 4th, 2006, 16:59
you can play king of fighters 2000 on the neo geo emu but it doesn't have sound, but still it runs pretty good after like 10 seconds into the fight, I haven't tested any other king of fighters games though

Cheyzak
November 5th, 2006, 00:19
you can play king of fighters 2000 on the neo geo emu but it doesn't have sound, but still it runs pretty good after like 10 seconds into the fight, I haven't tested any other king of fighters games though
Thanx. Which emu are you using to run kof?

nemoseiya
November 5th, 2006, 02:07
Im using the neogeo mvs. whats so cool about it is that theres a new version coming out with adhoc support MAN THATS GONNA BE AWSOME!

Cheyzak
November 5th, 2006, 11:35
Im using the neogeo mvs. whats so cool about it is that theres a new version coming out with adhoc support MAN THATS GONNA BE AWSOME!
Yeah, I know. Mike is working on it, right? Thanx for the info btw.

NoQuarter
November 5th, 2006, 11:38
Yeah that update is gonna be awesome,MikeDX rox.

Cheyzak
November 5th, 2006, 11:39
Yeah that update is gonna be awesome,MikeDX rox.
Could you give me the link to the latest version of NeoGeo mvs?

Nemoseya, could u expalin how you managed to run kof? I cannot even convert it.

Baboon
November 5th, 2006, 14:32
Could you give me the link to the latest version of NeoGeo mvs?

Nemoseya, could u expalin how you managed to run kof? I cannot even convert it.

Heres a link to NJs emu's:
http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/

You need to use the converter for the emulator (it will be supplied with the relevent emu download). Then covert the game (rom) through the cache converter, then copy the rom to the roms folder and the cache file to the cache folder on your mem stick.

Use NJ's emu's for the Capcom CPS1 and 2 games and the NeoGeo Arcade&CD games.

Mame4all is just for quite small old skool games.

Hope that helps ya? :)

ps: All of this information is already within this site's forumns, just use the search button! ;)

paranoidmunkey
November 5th, 2006, 18:49
I use the Neo-Geo CD emu and that runs all KOF 94 - 99 pretty much all perfect, so I would go to that myself.

KOF97 still the best though I think ;)

nemoseiya
November 5th, 2006, 19:49
like baboon said just use the converter and then put the cache file for the game you converted in the cache folder of the emulator but you also need the rom and you have to put the rom in the roms folder of the emulator, but there are some games such as KOF 99 that the converter wont even convert so dont bother messing with those, if the rom works also depends on which version of the game you have if its decrypted or not encrypted. The only KOF game that i've played on the neo geo mvs emulator is KOF 2000 and thats the decrypted version, I dont really know which other ones work does anyone know?

Baboon
November 6th, 2006, 13:41
like baboon said just use the converter and then put the cache file for the game you converted in the cache folder of the emulator but you also need the rom and you have to put the rom in the roms folder of the emulator, but there are some games such as KOF 99 that the converter wont even convert so dont bother messing with those, if the rom works also depends on which version of the game you have if its decrypted or not encrypted. The only KOF game that i've played on the neo geo mvs emulator is KOF 2000 and thats the decrypted version, I dont really know which other ones work does anyone know?

I think most of the KOF MVS games do work once converted, but because they are so big there isnt any sound with em. My fav version is KOF 98, which again doesnt run with sound on MVS, but if you use NeoCDZ all of the sound effects/mp3s work perfectly! ...a couple more games I prefer on CDZ (for the same reason) are Last Blade 1&2. :)

Cheyzak
November 6th, 2006, 15:30
Thanx for the info, but I figured that I need to use MAME versions of roms in order to be able to convert. Also what is the difference between NeoGeo and NeoGeoCD? Which has better games?

nemoseiya
November 7th, 2006, 04:04
from all i've heard I think the neo geo cd has better,,,, well everything, I dont really know but if its as good as everyone says then I have to try it

paranoidmunkey
November 8th, 2006, 17:03
I have not noticed any differance between the Neo-Geo CD's apart from the odd bit of (very quick) loading. I think though the music was better from the CD, but nothing much really.

S34MU5
November 8th, 2006, 17:20
So many emus have wifi support these days. SO cool!

NSCXP2005
November 8th, 2006, 22:00
any reason why some of the kof games don't have sound? do you think sound will be added to the emu for those games soon?

nemoseiya
November 9th, 2006, 03:58
like baboon said those games dont have any sound because they're so big. By the way one question for baboon do you know if KOF 98 is the only king of fighters that works with sound on the neo geo cd emu, or are there other KOF games that work with sound?

tuta
November 9th, 2006, 04:51
all neogeo cd games work with sound onli neogeo dont

nemoseiya
November 10th, 2006, 00:08
One question does anyone know which roms you need for the neo geo cd emu is it the mame roms or the neo geo cd roms?