PDA

View Full Version : PSP Turismo

splodger15
November 3rd, 2006, 16:41
Ok here it is my first Lua game it is very simple and basic but will be updated in the future

TODO:
menu
better cars
better graphics
music
timer
and more

Also i would like to thanks and give credit to these people here who have helped be out with this game:

Yaustar
drEDN4wt
lmtlmt
benh
gunntims0103
Zion

As i said this is very basic and just a first release but it will get better.

PSPKOR
November 3rd, 2006, 17:05
Congratulations, any screens?

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
November 3rd, 2006, 17:15
well done man! keep it up !!!

mesosade
November 3rd, 2006, 17:43
ahhh so this is the LUA game you mentioned in ur sig all this time

jak66
November 3rd, 2006, 17:57
yep, this is also the lua game he had tons of problems with, heres a screeny for u all
is it a bug that the enemy cars dont their y position, or just not implimented yet?

mesosade
November 3rd, 2006, 18:16
looks like the cars don't have transparency...use GIMP paint software! it's free small and quicker than photoshop

splodger15
November 3rd, 2006, 18:26
It will all be updated in next versions

Baboon
November 3rd, 2006, 18:29
Ahh... when I first read the title of the post I thought $ony had finally released GT on psp! lol

Nice release though! :)

motz
November 3rd, 2006, 18:32
Ahh... when I first read the title of the post I thought $ony had finally released GT on psp! lol

Nice release though! :)
lol, I thought something similar too!

Nice release splodger15, its good to see more coders joining the scene. :D

mavsman4457
November 3rd, 2006, 20:23
For future releases you should get it more and more like Gran Turismo like the camera view and car choices and courses.

splodger15
November 3rd, 2006, 20:36
For future releases you should get it more and more like Gran Turismo like the camera view and car choices and courses.

May well do

Baboon
November 3rd, 2006, 20:47
May well do

If you can get it like that on LUA I'll be well impressed! lol :)

Maybe in a few beta's down the line? ;)

mavsman4457
November 3rd, 2006, 21:02
splodger, if you can make this like GT, even in the slightest way, it will be my favorite homebrew game. I have been waiting for GT to come to PSP for a long time as I'm sure many others like yourself also have. I've got an eye out for future releases of this and thank you for this but one I can't test it yet since my PSP is in New York where my friend is adding another analog stick to it.

splodger15
November 3rd, 2006, 21:13
I will try my hardest cant promise nothing though

mavsman4457
November 3rd, 2006, 22:21
Don't feel any pressure. There have been plenty of bad pieces of homebrew that people have loved and plenty of great homebrews that haven't gotten the praise they have deserved. Even if it turns out sucking or if you choose to not continue the releases, you will still have learned something in your attempts. :)

Veskgar
November 3rd, 2006, 22:59
Hey man, good job. This looks like a pretty good LUA game with potential. Keep up the great work!!!

splodger15
November 3rd, 2006, 23:39
Don't feel any pressure. There have been plenty of bad pieces of homebrew that people have loved and plenty of great homebrews that haven't gotten the praise they have deserved. Even if it turns out sucking or if you choose to not continue the releases, you will still have learned something in your attempts. :)

True. I will see how this goes and then if people like it i will update it people seem to like it so far so i think i will carry on updating

drEDN4wt
November 4th, 2006, 18:42
you could always do it in 3d. the car modeLs could be quite simple, or mayby you could import some from something like quake-rally.

mavsman4457
November 4th, 2006, 20:47
If you eventually get the camera angle from behind then you could make it like mario kart 64 where it looks like the cars are 3D but they are actually just pictures. That would look sweet.

S34MU5
November 5th, 2006, 20:07
Yeh ill help you out with this, and GIMP is for GIMP's its not faster than photoshop, when you know how!