PDA

View Full Version : Corrput Data HELP PLEASE

chrono75
November 3rd, 2006, 20:41
I have quite a few homebrew games on my 1.5 PSP and I was just wondering if there was a way to remove the corrupt selections from my memory stick list. In other words, I want to programs and emulators to be the only ones to show up on my memory stick list without them taking up 2 spaces, 1 for the actual emu/program and 1 for some corrupt data that has to be there as well... Can anyone tell me how to remove these selections without removing the actual programs please?
Thank you ahead of time! :)

Oh yes!! And one more thing please! Is there a way I can change the order of my programs on the memory stick on the PSP so that they show up in the order that I choose? Thankyou!!

chrono75
November 3rd, 2006, 21:31
:confused: Okay, I found out how to change the order of the programs... First, you have to cut the folder with the % at the end of the name, paste the folder onto your desktop then cut it again and paste it back onto your PSP. This will make that file become first on your list.
Does anyone know how to delete the corrupt data without ruining the programs from the list?

Forever~Zero
November 4th, 2006, 01:18
Umm there was a computer program that can arrange it for you. Without cutting and pasting the % to the desktop. And there's a corruption fixer which would do the job. But some emus cant run without the corrupt data.

kando
November 4th, 2006, 01:25
if you get a custom firmware addon...dark_alex's POC custom firmware mod for 1.50 or harleyg's custom firmware....either access their recovery mode or edit the config, there is a setting to "hide corrupt icons".

cheers :)

belialone
November 8th, 2006, 11:35
I have quite a few homebrew games on my 1.5 PSP and I was just wondering if there was a way to remove the corrupt selections from my memory stick list. In other words, I want to programs and emulators to be the only ones to show up on my memory stick list without them taking up 2 spaces, 1 for the actual emu/program and 1 for some corrupt data that has to be there as well... Can anyone tell me how to remove these selections without removing the actual programs please?
Thank you ahead of time! :)

Oh yes!! And one more thing please! Is there a way I can change the order of my programs on the memory stick on the PSP so that they show up in the order that I choose? Thankyou!!
there is a neat little programm called psinstall wich has a small button on the lower right side to sort the order of the progs that youre have on the stick.
i used this to put my favorites on top of the list and the corrupt on bottom.(there 3 buttons its the one on the far right displaying 3 lines or something)

drEDN4wt
November 12th, 2006, 20:05
there is ou_ograniser which runs on your psp

or just upgrade to se-b and then you dont even need a % folder

chrono75
November 14th, 2006, 00:07
I like belialone's idea the best. Oh yeah, and is there a guarentee that 2.71 SE-B has all the memory a 1.5 does? Sorry for sounding like a noob if it does, but I play emu on my PSP and that's all... Nothing more. And 2.71 SE-B kind of reminds me of all the kiddies who shop at American Eagle and $hit just to have their name on their clothes. Word?

S34MU5
November 14th, 2006, 14:49
Get Harleygsv2 custom firmware. that takes it away completely with no renaming and allows ou to have a dual boot psp.
of get PSPogranise it changes the order and hide corupt data

MikeDX
November 14th, 2006, 16:58
2.71SE fixes corrupt icons :)

splodger15
November 14th, 2006, 22:35
Or sei psp tool

S34MU5
November 15th, 2006, 12:36
stay on 1.5

splodger15
November 15th, 2006, 14:00
and use harleyg custom firmware

mnuhaily22
November 15th, 2006, 15:07
First of all, there is no need to risk bricking your 1.5 just so you can remove the corrupted data icons, all you gotta do is download the file below, install it, then plug in your PSP and choose the letter of it, then go click on one of the homebrew on there, then just right click, hide all corrupted icon(A), and then choose new scheme(%__SCE),then click yes then wala, they are all gone.:thumbup:

MikeDX
November 15th, 2006, 15:09
stay on 1.5

and miss out. :rofl:

splodger15
November 15th, 2006, 15:32
MikeDx you are determined to get everyone to a 2.71 se-b i may consider to update to it one day

ACID
November 15th, 2006, 16:26
MikeDx you are determined to get everyone to a 2.71 se-b i may consider to update to it one day

He works for sony thats part of the plot.
But in topic get PSP BREW it will hide all thoes corrupt files and APP MAN as well.

S34MU5
November 15th, 2006, 18:26
Harleygsv2 Is the best thing to get and i isnt

just so you can remove the corrupted data icons
You can dual boot run 1.0 exploits and do other things like boot irshell on start up or any app you want. Its also protects you from a brick, if you brick you psp it can unbrick it.

And the risk of bricking when installing is near null, have you ever use x-flash?

Can 2.71se unbrick?

oh a programs that rename can cause problems, like the directory missing errors etc and also it dosent always hide every single one, and it only hides them in the GAME folder, Harleygs hides them everywhere, like saves etc

Cloudhunter
November 15th, 2006, 18:40
Harleygsv2 Is the best thing to get and i isnt

You can dual boot run 1.0 exploits and do other things like boot irshell on start up or any app you want. Its also protects you from a brick, if you brick you psp it can unbrick it.

And the risk of bricking when installing is near null, have you ever use x-flash?

Can 2.71se unbrick?

oh a programs that rename can cause problems, like the directory missing errors etc and also it dosent always hide every single one, and it only hides them in the GAME folder, Harleygs hides them everywhere, like saves etc

Yes, 2.71se has the same unbricking features as 1.5 with custom firmware.

It also has the same hiding facilties as 1.5.

It has a similar risk to installing as an official update, as it installs in the same way.

As for renaming, i've never had any problem with the __SCE__ naming convention.

Cloudy

S34MU5
November 16th, 2006, 15:38
i've never had any problem with the __SCE__ naming convention.

I have, A game called Pang and earlier version of Ir shell, it makes somethings in the GAME folder impossible to delete, Also a few more apps

Cloudhunter
November 16th, 2006, 15:56
I have, A game called Pang and earlier version of Ir shell, it makes somethings in the GAME folder impossible to delete, Also a few more apps

It doesn't make anything impossible to delete... It works fine when deleting in the PSP and the PC. Memory corruption is the only thing that can cause it not to be deleted, and simple renaming like that wont cause it.

Cloudy

Anger
November 16th, 2006, 16:33
cloud is exactly right - i used __SCE__ for ages (almost a year) and no corruption was caused by this. (the corruption i had was caused by crashes of software)
its the best way to hide corrupt icons without resorting to long filenames (which DOES cause corruption) or flash modifying, with something like harley g's custom firmware or se-b''.

S34MU5
November 16th, 2006, 20:20
No custom firmware, Be it 2.71SE or Harleyg's
are the best