PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial gPSP 0.8!

not here anymore
November 4th, 2006, 18:45
Hey All, new gPSP (Gameboy Advance Emulator for the PSP) build by a cool dude from Japan.

What's new:
.Analog pad assign in key config
.Sound buffer size option
.Controls timing tweaked

Later,

TSR

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

tophead420
November 4th, 2006, 23:33
great job but ill stay on the official gpSP because this pne has nothing i need lol i need more compatibility lol but good job dood

jimmi
November 4th, 2006, 23:44
great job but ill stay on the official gpSP because this pne has nothing i need lol i need more compatibility lol but good job dood

same here

Veskgar
November 4th, 2006, 23:53
I was just thinking recently that there has been no news on gpSP lately. Exophase, if you come upon this thread would you be able to let us know if there are anymore planned "official" gpSP releases in the future?

If you frequent these forums you will know that I never ask that sort of question or bother coders about such things.... Its just gpSP is a favorite of mine and usually "unofficial" releases don't appear until the original coder stops development.

Either way, its cool to see gpSP continuing to evolve.

Nikolaos
November 5th, 2006, 00:03
heh i got excited for a moment!. ne ways ima stick to official also, but if u can magically get mario and luigi superstar sagas not to crash, than god bless you.

mesosade
November 5th, 2006, 00:36
where's our unofficial monkey 64!?!?!?!? LOL

Exophase
November 5th, 2006, 00:38
I was just thinking recently that there has been no news on gpSP lately. Exophase, if you come upon this thread would you be able to let us know if there are anymore planned "official" gpSP releases in the future?

If you frequent these forums you will know that I never ask that sort of question or bother coders about such things.... Its just gpSP is a favorite of mine and usually "unofficial" releases don't appear until the original coder stops development.

Either way, its cool to see gpSP continuing to evolve.

Yes, of course there will be more releases of gpSP. I don't actually talk about it publically much for various reasons.

Also I've never heard of this guy. I ran a diff on the src and indeed verified the first two (which were obvious) - in the long haul I don't think there's any point whatsoever in the sound buffer option, and I was going to add analog config. I couldn't find a single thing that would hint at any change in "input timing" (I'm assuming this is SUPPOSED to mean polling more than once per frame. But it doesn't do that) so who knows what that could mean? Maybe the source isn't up to date with the binary?

gpSP's FAQ clearly states that I'd like people to contact me if they have ideas to improve gpSP, rather than release one of these sloppy ports out of nowhere. This usually just ends up confusing people. This one doesn't even have any kind of documentation included with the binary, not even the requisite copying docs required by the license (and the readme would be nice)...

"Unofficial" releases are basically going to appear for any open source software, no matter how much the original author tries to stop it. It's a mixture of people genuinely trying to improve the software and people trying to get attention. Overall it's counter-productive because it confuses the users when there are multiple development trees of the same program and it makes it more difficult to actually integrate improvements into the program because they have to be pooled from multiple sources, and someone has to determine what actually is and isn't useful, what's redundant, etc...

But of course I've ranted about this before. It's not going to change anything, so I generally just ignore releases like this. Now, if they were to fix some kind of horrible bug I'd be hunting the author down and interrogating them.

Fixing something like Mario & Luigi would require someone with a lot more time and familiarity with the emulator than your typical random-forker has. It sure has given me a run for my money anyway ;P

ALF
November 5th, 2006, 01:17
Exophase the legendary gba coder :p lol
nice to hear that you haven't given up on gpSP and the whole gba fan boys out there like my self and many others. Cant wait for the next release:)

PS: hope fully you've heard some complaints that TLOZ: Minish Cap crashes at the second to last dungeon. Whats the Scoop with that?

an answer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx

Veskgar
November 5th, 2006, 01:39
I generally just ignore releases like this.
Well then so will I. Because you are continuing work on gpSP for future "official" versions, it just wouldn't feel right using a strange release such as this.

gpSP is truly an excellent piece of work and I could see how some people might try and steal some of that glory by releasing an "unofficial" version with very little, if anything meaningful added.

Exophase, thank you so much for commenting on this release and my particular inquiry about the future of gpSP. Believe me I know you don't owe us anything and even if another version of gpSP never came out, I'd still use and love the current version.

.:PSP1.0:.
November 5th, 2006, 03:09
Exophase has earned his place in the PSP homebrew comunity and also all our respect by releasing a high end GBA emulator such as gPSP and that why i for one will only stick and wait for his OFFICIAL releases.. But in saying that each to their own lol

Basil Zero
November 5th, 2006, 03:26
where's our unofficial SNES 9x TYL

pkmaximum
November 5th, 2006, 04:15
Its good ot know, that people are working with the sources of the game boy advanced emulator. But this version doesn't really have anything worth changing version for. Maybe if further things are added. Personally I would love to see multiplayer, and cheat support =D

pspwog
November 5th, 2006, 07:12
wat firmware do <<<u>>> need bro..yalla tell me ya aer..arabic..

Clordio
November 5th, 2006, 09:45
where's our unofficial monkey 64!?!?!?!? LOL

I'm actually working on that, and no, it will not suck like the atlantis build did.:D

pkmusicmaker
November 5th, 2006, 09:54
I'd love to see Mario and Luigi working, and once again I must say, Exophase is the top man on the emulator scene and has my full respect. Thanks for letting us know whats goin on.

not here anymore
November 5th, 2006, 17:43
I was just passing the news..
New build out btw and new name "gPSP Kai"
Version 2.1:
http://www.tfact.jp/psp/wiki/?plugin=attach&refer=FrontPage&openfile=gpSP_kai21_15.zip
what's new:
It corresponds to two or more values of idle_loop_eliminate_target.
Dunno what that really means, translated from Japanese.
Later,

TSR

Basil Zero
November 5th, 2006, 18:44
gpsp kai?

why wasnt this listed in news?

ALF
November 5th, 2006, 20:02
I was just passing the news..
New build out btw and new name "gPSP Kai"
Version 2.1:
http://www.tfact.jp/psp/wiki/?plugin=attach&refer=FrontPage&openfile=gpSP_kai21_15.zip
what's new:
It corresponds to two or more values of idle_loop_eliminate_target.
Dunno what that really means, translated from Japanese.
Later,

TSR

Ooo thanks for the heads up "theshadowrunner"
I love Imports:p

carlitx
November 16th, 2006, 22:23
Ok i just got the newest eLoader for my 2.80 PSP and i want to know just howto install this onto my PSP. I don't realy understand the stuff in the read me so please help me out.

mavsman4457
November 16th, 2006, 22:39
Wait, I've forgotten, does gpSP use the ME? If not then that could give us a good speed increase.