PDA

View Full Version : Help. I am new to psp.......

tonyhong
November 4th, 2006, 21:37
Hi.:)
I just bought a psp yesterday which was version 2.5 with ta-082 motherboard.
So im wondering if i can play homebrew games even though it isnt verison 1.5. Will i need to update it to 2.71 to play homebrew or should i just keep it as version 2.5
Also what is devhook, emulator, eloader that everyone is talking about?

Thanks

cartmandude14
November 5th, 2006, 00:49
ok first of all do not attempt to downgrade your psp yet. as of now ta-082 motherboards cannot be downgraded. second of all the terms u need to know are:

1.eloader-a device that boots through an exploit that allows the launching of homebrew.
2.devhook- short for device hook. was created by booster to emulate firmwares.
3.emulator- something that allows you to run legit backups "roms" from other game systems on your psp,

ok now here is what you need to do to run homebrew on your psp:

1.upgrade to 2.71- link here: http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/525
2. now you need to install hen-c-link here: http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-eloaders-37415.html
3. to install hen-c open the rar archive and copy all the files and folder inside of MS_ROOT to the root of your memory stick. now unplug your psp and go to photo then hen-c. this will install the exploit.
4. now put any homebrew in ms0:/pdp/game/
5. go to game then memory stick from the xmb and launch your homebrew!

ENJOY!

tonyhong
November 5th, 2006, 01:43
Thank you very much for you help!

tonyhong
November 5th, 2006, 09:13
Hi again,
Ive done everything that you told me to do but homebrew games dont work
I've read somewhere that you need to use devhook to emulate ur psp to 1.5 and then you can play homebrew games
Plzzz help me out... im dying....:D i really am

And 1 more question. Is it possible to play ALL homebrew games on 2.71 ta-082? or just some.

Thanks

Shrygue
November 5th, 2006, 10:55
Not all homebrew works via eLodaer. Some should run fine. but I don't know because I haven't used it as I'm using custom firmware 2.71 SE-B''.

NoQuarter
November 5th, 2006, 11:06
Definitly go for the reverse devhook,I set it up on a friends psp ta-082.The performance is a little lower than a 1.5 but you get full homebrew compatibilty minus flash apps.Those might even work on modifying the emulated firmware.There is a guide somewhere around here for reverse devhook, be sure to look around and find it.Just always read the readme's :)

mnuhaily22
November 5th, 2006, 13:03
Reverse devhook is the best thing that happened to my PSP, hands down, it owns the whole e-loader thing, now I can load all homebrew made except flash apps.

tonyhong
November 5th, 2006, 19:45
I downloaded reverse devhook for 2.71 but i dont know where to put the files.
i also head that i have to download firmware 1.5 and 2.71 and put them into dh file or something.....

Sry.......im realllllly a noobi. <--is that how you spell it? or is it newbie? nebi? i dont no

Anyways help me out thx

Edit.. I got it working now. I can access devhook but when i choose firmware 1.5 and press start, the screen goes black and it turns off. I dont think its suppose to be like that...and it can't play any homebrew

Also last qiuestion... Do i have to go to photo and henc and rand and devhook everytime i wanna play homebrew?
thxx