PDA

View Full Version : 2.71 SE Firmware

zevende
November 5th, 2006, 02:28
Just some questions to people who now own 2.71 firmware PSPs:

1. What's so great about 2.71 SE B?

2. What's not so great about 2.71 SE B?

3. Why is it any better than 1.50 with devhooked 2.71?

4. Is it pretty easy and safe to install?

gamerremag
November 5th, 2006, 02:45
uh, i liike 2.71 se-b, but i cant tell u to much, because i just upgraded like two hours ago. I can tell you that the features are pretty cool. I mean, you can go back to 1.5 and stuff. you can make your own start up sounds. It is pretty safe and easy i would say.

M!ckeY
November 5th, 2006, 03:08
I would say that the greatest thing is that you don't have to launch devhook to use 2.71 firmware.

gamerremag
November 5th, 2006, 03:34
dont you have to do that in order to get vcs to load?

M!ckeY
November 5th, 2006, 03:38
He never asked anything about VCS.

Nikolaos
November 5th, 2006, 03:45
2.71 SE-B'' is great because not only does it have same features as 2.71 but allows all kernel mode homebrew as well. Therefore you do not haf to constantly switch between 1.5 and 2.71 using devhook no more. Another great feature is running ISO and CSO backed up games from the XMB of SE-B''. SE-B'' is very safe it has a stable recovery mode and is simple to downgrade it back to 1.5 and also is easy to update thanks to DarK_Alex. 2.71 SE-B'' has some cons though, some bad things about it are:

Less flash memory space, less flashing capabilities ( but soon will be much easier) , no auto usb like 1.5 POC.

Other than that my friend this is in my eyes the golden firmware!

gamerremag
November 5th, 2006, 04:30
if its simple to downgrade, can you tell me? i have been posting for a while with no response. It would make my day better:cool:

*tear in eye* please, i beg of you!!! im so tired and i have to get up early 2morrow.