PDA

View Full Version : 2.71 Se-b'' Auto Exec Usb Mod?

Nikolaos
November 5th, 2006, 03:57
Any coder out there willing to work on this? Many people would be greatful this would bring my completion of golden firmware up to 90%. Is it possible using SE-B''?

kando
November 5th, 2006, 04:03
Any coder out there willing to work on this? Many people would be greatful this would bring my completion of golden firmware up to 90%. Is it possible using SE-B''?

it IS POSSIBLE, however, not only would you need to flash usbhostfs.prx, you would need to flash a vshexmod.prx that supports it, as the xmb cant support it even through devhook.

there IS a universal prx flashing tool that was just released today, but if you dont have linux, editing the config file results in nothign but errors when you go to run it....something with the way windows works with letters/files.

if i end up having any success ill let u guys know :)

Nikolaos
November 5th, 2006, 04:05
what about the vshex mod ? how does that work and support it, also how hard would this be ? would it complicate anything in SE-B''?

kando
November 5th, 2006, 04:48
http://forums.maxconsole.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7970&d=1158361132

is an image of vshexmod in action...its an overlay menu that you can access at any point in time through the xmb by hitting or holding home.

i've actually gotten this to work as of now...vshexmod is installed, umdcisomod is installed, usbhostfs installed, devhook.prx installed...and the computer recognizes that usbhostfs is working!

but im having some issues still...

http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-universal-module-installer-r1-77065.html#post1153200

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showpost.php?p=280910&postcount=1234

my findings so far, feel free to read up there, as some of it isnt exactly dcemu friendly :P

tuta
November 5th, 2006, 05:27
wow thats totally cool kando and I wish u luck in findin the right combinations I am kinda poor at stuff like this and if u have gotten everythin rite mind if u post up a full installation or a guide to it?

if this thing is workin could u see the possiblities of being able to flash the screenshot module and cheatmaster?

kando
November 5th, 2006, 05:36
ill write a whole tutorial if i figure it out....btw screenshot module should work with no problem...i have never used cheat module but if you flash it to pspbtncf.txt and pspbtcnf_game.txt it should theoretically work....

this usbhostfs thing is a tad bit trickier....i think a new prx needs to be coded...one thats ment to be loaded outside of devhook. but meh, ill be playing....

if you want to flash the screenshot module...

copy screenshot.prx into the ms0:/INSTALL/ folder, and make sure the filename is entirely in caps, including the extention. also make sure that install.dat is in caps as well. edit install.dat with notepad...and make INSTALL.DAT contain the following:

pspbtcnf.txt
fatmsmod.prx
SCREENSHOT.PRX

notice how the first 2 lines are the only ones that arent capitolized. the first line is which config to edit, the second line is after what prx should the new ones be loaded, and the third and on is your custom prx's.

once you run that and it flashes successfully, edit INDEX.DAT again...

pspbtcnf_game.txt
fatmsmod.prx
SCREENSHOT.PRX

and go go go!

if you happen to mess ANYTHING up, simply rename the folder "UMF" to "RECOVERY" (make sure 1.50 kernal is under /GAME/) and go into the psp's recovery menu and run /GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP and you will have the option to remove the mod :)

i would remove it in reverse order....do pspbtcnf_game.txt first, then go back and do the regular pspbtcnf.txt.

report your findings all! post your working custom prx's here!!

Nikolaos
November 5th, 2006, 06:17
ill write a whole tutorial if i figure it out....btw screenshot module should work with no problem...i have never used cheat module but if you flash it to pspbtncf.txt and pspbtcnf_game.txt it should theoretically work....

this usbhostfs thing is a tad bit trickier....i think a new prx needs to be coded...one thats ment to be loaded outside of devhook. but meh, ill be playing....

if you want to flash the screenshot module...

copy screenshot.prx into the ms0:/INSTALL/ folder, and make sure the filename is entirely in caps, including the extention. also make sure that install.dat is in caps as well. edit install.dat with notepad...and make INSTALL.DAT contain the following:

pspbtcnf.txt
fatmsmod.prx
SCREENSHOT.PRX

notice how the first 2 lines are the only ones that arent capitolized. the first line is which config to edit, the second line is after what prx should the new ones be loaded, and the third and on is your custom prx's.

once you run that and it flashes successfully, edit INDEX.DAT again...

pspbtcnf_game.txt
fatmsmod.prx
SCREENSHOT.PRX

and go go go!

if you happen to mess ANYTHING up, simply rename the folder "UMF" to "RECOVERY" (make sure 1.50 kernal is under /GAME/) and go into the psp's recovery menu and run /GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP and you will have the option to remove the mod :)

i would remove it in reverse order....do pspbtcnf_game.txt first, then go back and do the regular pspbtcnf.txt.

report your findings all! post your working custom prx's here!!

where are these files kando ? will i be actually flashing SE-B'' ? links plz ?

kando
November 5th, 2006, 06:22
where are these files kando ? will i be actually flashing SE-B'' ? links plz ?

the files can be found in many places...you can either download a custom devhook launcher with it (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=25654) or you can probably find the prx somewhere on the internet, maybe psp-hacks.com....

yes, you will be flashing SE-B''. it will take the PRX's and flash them, along with editing the config file.

the nice thing tho, is if you read up a few posts, if something bad happens, its so utterly simple to fix :)

oh yea i didnt link the universal mod flasher....

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41494

i made a news post about it :) thats where u get that :D

tuta
November 5th, 2006, 11:18

So if I change umf to recovery it will remove according to the the index.dat rite?
Ok and a little typo here I mean screenshot is actually the svc the one that can take gif videos

so what if I have a few prx will it be

pspbtcnf_game.txt
fatmsmod.prx
CAPTURE.PRX
CHEATMASTER.PRX

is it limited to one prx?
And do the prx files I put at INSTALL folder be in caps aswell?
Lastly what if I have already install a prx example capture then later I want to add cheatmaster but keep the capture.prx how shud I flash?

Virus.exe
November 5th, 2006, 12:11
I renamed screenshotbmp.prx to SCREENSHOT.PRX, flashed both pspbtcnf.txt and pspbtcnf_game.txt succesfully, but when i press note, nothing happens. How come? Everything is flashed... it's ment to be in KN and not KD right? (Damn i feel noobish now :P)

kando
November 5th, 2006, 21:04
So if I change umf to recovery it will remove according to the the index.dat rite?
Ok and a little typo here I mean screenshot is actually the svc the one that can take gif videos

so what if I have a few prx will it be

pspbtcnf_game.txt
fatmsmod.prx
CAPTURE.PRX
CHEATMASTER.PRX

is it limited to one prx?
And do the prx files I put at INSTALL folder be in caps aswell?
Lastly what if I have already install a prx example capture then later I want to add cheatmaster but keep the capture.prx how shud I flash?

this program doesnt do anything w/ the index.dat....what u talkin bout? moving on...:P

recovery mode will allow you to run this program directly, with no gameboot, no xmb....so there is no possible way the program cannot run, thus there is no possible way to prevent you from removing any prx's you have installed.

you can do as many prx's as you want....whatever you have in the install.dat will be installed/uninstalled, and everything else will be left the same. so if you want to add cheatmaster later, just:

pspbtcnf_game.txt
fatmsmod.prx
CHEATMASTER.PRX

and install....capture will be left alone, unless you add it to install.dat and tell the program to remove it.

yes, all files in the install folder need to be caps, including install.dat. he seems to have fixed it in R2 but meh..

I renamed screenshotbmp.prx to SCREENSHOT.PRX, flashed both pspbtcnf.txt and pspbtcnf_game.txt succesfully, but when i press note, nothing happens. How come? Everything is flashed... it's ment to be in KN and not KD right? (Damn i feel noobish now :P)

i believe the prx's get flashed to both the 2.71 and 1.50 end, so it should end up in both kd and kn...are you sure its just the note used in the screenshot thing? its not like note and select?

Destroyer699
November 5th, 2006, 21:59
You could flash the aiomod.prx with UMF. Aiomod has screenshot, overclock and auto usb. I will try later and telll you how it goes.

kando
November 5th, 2006, 22:45
im gonna do a search for that now...

blah thats not usbhostfs, thats just plain usb mode...

either way AIOMOD.PRX doesnt brick, but it doesnt do anything either in 2.71SE :(

it acts like nothing ever got installed :(

tuta
November 6th, 2006, 00:27
Hmm I tried it and installed succesfully for cwcheat but since it didnt have homebrew support I tried to remove it
But in the middle of process it stop and hang I ended up in brick so I think I wont touch it anymore but maybe my problem was that coldbird said he wanted to he wanted to stop hex editors maybe thats where the problem lies:(

i think I will just wait for dark_alex to implement unsigned prx

thx for yer help kando:D

kando
November 6th, 2006, 01:01
^^^ tuta did you successfully unbrick?
also coldbird did come out with R2 which removes the capital letters/file name issues....http://coldbird.lan.st

anyways, pls tell me u unbricked!

tuta
November 6th, 2006, 01:10
ofcourse I unbricked:D
But I had to recover to 1.5
If I didnt unbrick I will be posting lots of :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: lol

the probs is installed properly it didnt give me a partial brick but when I launch the program and press square to remove it says [1] module removed(sumthin like dat)and just hangs so I didnt bother to try it again with recovery menu

oh and I used UMF R2

kando
November 6th, 2006, 01:40
the probs is installed properly it didnt give me a partial brick but when I launch the program and press square to remove it says [1] module removed(sumthin like dat)and just hangs so I didnt bother to try it again with recovery menu

oh and I used UMF R2

*wphew* thank god for recovery mode eh...ill stick with R1 for now :P

btw update for all of you...

for some reason, wedge's vshexDLX.prx will install but will not show up in the XMB unless it is installed with devhook.prx....and once devhook.prx is loaded, actually starting up a game will crash the psp once the gameboot finishes playing...it simply restarts the psp.

THIS ALSO HAPPENS ON CHUNGLAM'S MOD, SAME ISSUE

so it looks like the above "reportedly working" by me isnt "working" as it should even remotely....

these vshex mods work perfectly when ran through devhook 2.71SE flash emulation, however, i have been trying to install them so i dont need devhook, however, i just noticed now that once a working combo of vshex.prx and devhook.prx are installed, games no longer boot after the gameboot.

i believe it has something to do with devhook.prx, as that is the module thats freezing the psp...

tuta
November 6th, 2006, 01:52
actually this umf program is excellent its just that prx arent created for 2.71se or 2.71 se isnt compatible with the prx.It will be either dark_alex sorts out the firmware or people making prx for 2.71se.I concluded this because I read a post at QJ and the mp3 thing isnt that friendly to most users.

But isnt dark_alex going to input unsigned prx for his next release?
Or maybe its still along way?

kando
November 6th, 2006, 02:01
dark_alex will make it easier in 2.71 SE-C as he said he will, but he's having a problem loading custom prx's after init.prx....but its weird that coldbirds prx installer manages to load them w/ no problem...i guess because it actually flashes the prx's instead of loading off ms0:/

but i envision a config.txt like there was in his POC 1.50 firmware mod, which would allow ms0:/custom.prx to be loaded without flashing a single thing.

look foward to d_a's next 2.71 SE release :)