PDA

View Full Version : SBI Builder v2.51 released.

SiZiOUS
September 1st, 2004, 04:39
You can read the DCEmu post here (http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=55496).

You can download SBI Builder v2.51 here (http://sbibuilder.dc-france.com/index.php?mod=archives&ac=cat&id=1).

But warning : Don't uninstall SBI Builder v2.5
This is a patch.

Eric
September 1st, 2004, 08:24
SBI is horrible i am sorry to say and i cant believe everyone is using this utility i am a reviewer and if you guys get mad at this post i dont really care i just dont like a game cd pop it in my dreamcast or anything and it having the same damn menu even if you can do mods and have all my games on one disk
whether it saves me money or not i can put these games on one disk and it works better then using SBI cause SBI doesnt work to well cause some windows users have problems and i am one of them i only use DC hakker when a game doesnt work with the normal selfboot which is very rare anyways i recommend the good old program selfboot and i hope somebody can update that program if its needed for anything else and another thing i would like to include is i like to have one game load asoon as i pop in the game after all the legal warning messages pop through

The best and will stay the best is selfboot

Eric

Sorry i am very tired and dont really care to fix my punctuation right now and i am very bad at it

wraggster
September 1st, 2004, 10:22
SBI is the greatest invention ever, you need to try it again.

MetaFox
September 1st, 2004, 18:27
i just dont like a game cd pop it in my dreamcast or anything and it having the same damn menu even if you can do mods and have all my games on one disk whether it saves me money or not i can put these games on one diskYou can do that with SBInducer v4 as well. Just choose SBI2Boot instead of choosing multi menu or single menu, and voila - you have a bootable disc with just a single game.

and it works better then using SBI cause SBI doesnt work to well cause some windows users have problems and i am one of themMyself and other users were trying to help you with your problems, but you were not open to trying to fix the problem. You really have no right complaining about a program when you won't accept help to try to correct the problem you are having.

I've had problems with the ASPI Layer in SBInducer, and an odd problem that was fixed by transferring the newer cygwin1.dll from my cygwin install to the tools directory in SBInducer. Every problem can be solved, you just have to be open to the point of having it solved.

i only use DC hakker when a game doesnt work with the normal selfbootSelfboot Inducer is not tied to DC hakker, nor is it tied to Dream Inducer - as I said above, you can use it to make selfbooting discs. It's really an all-purpose app, and is the easiest for newbies and experienced users alike to make discs.

Eric
September 1st, 2004, 18:47
I do have a right complaining you just didnt completely hear me out i did registration and i installed the program many times still same problem i really dont care about the problem its easier working with Selfboot and i hardly have problems and its easier to use. SBI you have to do so much work and that includes using Selfboot to make a selfboot for SBI so whats the use Selfboot is actually good.

Eric

curt_grymala
September 1st, 2004, 19:05
The best and will stay the best is selfboot

This is the part of your post that I found the most bizarre. burnerO made both utilities, and actually used a lot of the same code for the burning/image creation parts of both programs. If Selfboot works so wonderfully, how is it possible that SBInducer doesn't work? SBInducer is essentially just a newer version of Selfboot, at this point.

Eric
September 1st, 2004, 19:12
Yeah and the difference is the folder is either scrambled around on my computer and with registrating SBI so it can read SBI files doesnt work and its poinless and hard to find all my disks cause my games are on these SBI disks lots of work for people when you can do a simple find 1ST_READ make a image and done simple no find SBI files and making SBI files and making a total cram of your pc all my points are clear i like having things simple i like having games and one disk and i like simple work to make these disks and i hardly have any problems and thats when DC hakker comes in to help me out

I am quite glad you made it though for people who need to save money from wasting disks thats basically it

MetaFox
September 1st, 2004, 19:29
Yeah and the difference is the folder is either scrambled around on my computer and with registrating SBI so it can read SBI files doesnt work and its poinless and hard to find all my disks cause my games are on these SBI disks lots of work for people when you can do a simple find 1ST_READ make a image and done simple no find SBI files and making SBI files and making a total cram of your pc all my points are clear1) Finding SBIs is easy
2) You don't even need SBIs to use SBInducer v4. Just stick the 1st_read.bin in the inducer directory, like you would the data directory in the old selfboot - but there's really no sense in it, as sbi2boot makes the directory structure for you from SBIs

You really should consider upgrading - in the future SBIs will be the prominant files being offered over plain files - as they're the easiest thing for newbies to burn. Just put them in c:\sbinducr\sbi, and Selfboot Inducer takes care of the rest.

i really dont care about the problem its easier working with Selfboot and i hardly have problems and its easier to useI really don't know what can be simpler - you put the sbis in c:\sbinducr\sbi then you run Selfboot Inducer. Now, you choose whether you want to use Dream Inducer as a menu or not, then choose the SBIs you want to include on the disc. Now, choose whether to make an image, or burn with CDRecord.

Then you're done. Easy breezy.

Did you even try the suggestions I made? Delete c:\sbinducr from your computer, and redownload the newest version - v4 - from sbiffy, and install.

Also, make to save the sbis into c:\sbinducr\sbi and no other directory, and make sure Windows doesn't save the files as file.sbi.zip - as they need to have an .sbi extension for SBInducer to detect them.

You can make sure that Windows recognizes the SBI extension by going to c:\sbinducr\sbi and right clicking sbi.reg - then choosing merge.

Everything should work then.

curt_grymala
September 2nd, 2004, 07:29
Okie dokie - let's try this again, without all of the wandering off-topic (damn, I wish we had the split/splice mod installed on these boards):

SiZiOUS has released a patch for his SBI Builder utility. This patch fixes a bug in the original 2.5 release. hrb2k3 pointed out that, when you make an SBI with SBI Builder 2.5, then hit the reset button and try to make another SBI, then SBI Builder adds the new SBI information on top of the old SBI information, rather than cleaning out the Inducer directory. This patch tells SBI Builder to clean out the Inducer directory when the Reset button is pressed.

Eric
September 2nd, 2004, 08:39
Okay i am going to say this again the program will plainly not read that i have SBI's in the folder and if your going to say there is something wrong with those SBI files then we go back to Curt again i have done everything and in the past i had it working okay and i dont think you should get a rid of plainfiles cause alot of newbies use my way aswell alot of coders use my way aswell and taking away plainfiles would make some of use people mad anyways sorry about no punctuation just a little tired

Thanks

Eric

MetaFox
September 2nd, 2004, 19:59
Okay i am going to say this again the program will plainly not read that i have SBI's in the folder and if your going to say there is something wrong with those SBI files then we go back to Curt again i have done everything and in the past i had it working okay and i dont think you should get a rid of plainfiles cause alot of newbies use my way aswell alot of coders use my way aswell and taking away plainfiles would make some of use people mad anyways sorry about no punctuation just a little tiredPlease elaborate. Did you try Selfboot Inducer v4 yet? Or have you just tried an earlier version and given up on it?

If you have tried v4, then did you merge the sbi.reg file into the registry?

If yes, then are you 100% sure that the files that you downloaded are not saving to your drive with a .zip extension?

If yes, then are you 100% sure that you are saving the SBIs to c:\sbinducr\sbi and no other directory?

If yes, then can you even get the program to start up at all, or are you getting an error regarding a missing file?

If yes, then does your Selfboot Inducer v4 look like this - with the SBI files checkmarked at the right hand side?
http://www.cyberdogcastle.com/sbinducr.gif

If no, then please save this file http://www.cyberdogcastle.com/TicTacToe.sbi to c:\sbinducr\sbi and take a screenshot of your sbinducer v4 running with Alt+Print Screen and attatch the file to your post.