PDA

View Full Version : TCalc v0.01

wraggster
November 5th, 2006, 09:31
News/release from SG57 (http://jordansg57.googlepages.com/):

Just thought this would be a nice addition to the TIFF library of apps so... Here is a port of the LUA calculator (best out actually - besides the emulation of a TI-XX) which was created by Shine. So... props Shine

Anywho - Ill explain the current features, the controls and some bugs.

Features:

Basic Math (+, -, /, *)
Negative Number Support
Basic Trig Functionality (sine, cosine)
Square Root Function
Other useful routines (x/2, x^2)
Few more functionalities
Easy-to-use GUI
Good for everyday math (depending on math level)
Source Code Included
Controls:

D-Pad: Navigation
X/Cross: Select Button Currently On
HOME: Exit
Bugs / Lacking:

Decimal Support - its in there but rounds decimal to whole number. This means sine, cosine get rounded making them a tad pointless. I hope with me releasing the source, this gets changed upon (note - its only a problem since my manual atoi/itoa function only supports string -> int conversion, not string -> long/float.
Tangent - lacking as I cant find the correct NID at the moment. Once again, i hope by releasing the source this gets looked into. All one must do is stub and link the tanf function, than uncomment the tan routine (in ProcessKeys)
No Character Limit - this means one can keep entering a number/s and have it go off screen adn appear on the next line and whatnot. I really dont feel like fixing this (too lazy to apply scientific notation :P) as it just crashes your PSP after randomly coloring the calculator's display so... If your not gonan bother to use this app like it was intended for - than dont use it at all...
Difficulty Running - I dont know about you all, but after upgrading to SE-B'', ive had difficulty running my TIFF homebrew without it freezing up/crashing on boot up so... If you cant get it to start after the 10th time, dont give up as i can assure you it works
Thanks everyone for all the support and requests im recieving as it helps alot. Just look A rough port of a decent calculator (id have to say its better than decent ) only took ~1 hour... Randomly porting a snowfield demo took 20 minutes... Keep the emails/PMs coming

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Jonesyxxiv
November 5th, 2006, 14:50
Wasnt the TI-92 emulater made by zx-81?