PDA

View Full Version : DC Divx Question

HankScorpio
August 17th, 2004, 14:00
Hello, I recently downloaded DC Divx beta 5, and all that came with it was a .bin file. I assumed you needed to make a cue to burn it so I did, but after I burned it and put it in my Dreamcast, it showed up like a non working cd or a music cd on the dreamcast, then I tried to use the Utopia bootdisk before I put it in but that too failed to work. Then with Nero I burned only the .bin file and that too failed to work. I was wondering how to remedy this problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Eric
August 17th, 2004, 17:27
I always recommend using selfboot. Get selfboot from the needed tools section at www.dcemulation.com. Install it on C: drive. Then extract Divx 5 on the C: drive aswell in its own seperate folder. Make sure the bin file is called 1ST_READ.bin it must be like that or it wont work its a warning.

You also should have a file called IP.bin which you can pick up with any emulator like Nester DC and or i can give it to you. Now its time to use selfboot. Double click on it and then it will ask you to select the folder where you have the creation.

once you have selected folder now it asks you to make a Nero Tao,Nero Dao,Disc Jugger and a built in CD burner i think that is also hard to work with. But i use nero Tao and it works all the time. Once the image is complete and its not in that folder just go to search at the start on the taskbar and in search type the .nrg or the name of the image you gave it.

You should be able to find it. And now the possible hard part you need Nero to burn the image and when the burning is done the work on your dc is about to start.

Have fun

Eric

HankScorpio
August 17th, 2004, 18:58
Yes, thanks Eric. That worked great. However, when I put it in the dreamcast and it gets to the screen where you are supposed to swap the disc with the movies in them, it does nothing when I put the movie disc in. These movies are all .avi and many are not very big at all, some are only a few megabytes. Thanks again!

tinku
August 17th, 2004, 19:26
put them on the same disk m8,

also i suppose you read how to make Divx movies for the DC. there are some limitations i believe.

tinku.

Hola
August 17th, 2004, 20:10
Lots of limitations.

curt_grymala
August 18th, 2004, 07:30
The first limitation being that "avi" is not necessarily the same as "divx". DivX is a type of AVI file, but not all AVI files are encoded with DivX codecs.

Also - one thing that has been left out of the DivX4Dummies tutorial - don't use any version of the DivX codec later than 5.0.2. You can download the correct version from http://www.oldversion.com