mahfood1990
November 5th, 2006, 14:22
Hi Guyz!
I was wondering if we could do the following in a TA-082 PSP having 2.71FW:
1.use hen c
2.launch devhook for 2.71
3.Emulate 1.50
4.Update to 2.00 Using normal eboot update

Can I get a non-emulated 2.00 firmware on TA-082 psp by this method?If Not What Will I Get?

If this is possiple can we use MPH Downgrader safely in TA-082 PSPs

Then getting hombrews and ISOs to work without using HEN C

Kramer
November 5th, 2006, 14:26
Nope thats entirely impossible because the firmware you emulate is on your memory stick not your actual PSP's flash. So if you did that it would just change a few files on your mem stick and your PSP would still be a 2.71

mavsman4457
November 5th, 2006, 16:18
I wish I had a mod chip so I could try these ideas out that I and other people have about downgrading. After I get my PS3 that is where my money will go. I think.

mahfood1990
November 5th, 2006, 18:27
I wish I had a mod chip so I could try these ideas out that I and other people have about downgrading. After I get my PS3 that is where my money will go. I think.

I've heared about modchips for PSP but can you, or anyone, tell me what it actually does.

gamerremag
November 5th, 2006, 18:48
the U.D. mod chip has a dual flash, so it can unbrick a psp, or somehting

ICE
November 5th, 2006, 19:04
ya that wouldnt work because devhook redirects all flash changes to the memory stick.

mahfood1990
November 6th, 2006, 11:19
ya that wouldnt work because devhook redirects all flash changes to the memory stick.

I've read about a program to be used with devhook to write to flash and it also said to use with caution.
Can i do that with this program?

MikeDX
November 6th, 2006, 11:32
modchips dont work on a TA-082 so theres no point.

NoQuarter
November 6th, 2006, 12:39
How did your modchip attempt go MikeDX?

Lodis
November 7th, 2006, 00:27
I've heared about modchips for PSP but can you, or anyone, tell me what it actually does.

I have a Modchip in my Psp and it allows you unbrick from almost any software inflicted bricking and you can downgrade your Psp regardless of what firmware you are running.

The Dual flash function allows you to run two seperate firmwares alongside eachother. For example, on my UP flash I have 2.71 SE B and on my onboard flash it has 2.8 firmware.

What the Modchip allows really is freedom to test out dangerous programs or ideas and worry free flashing. For example I have been trying out alot of different Mods for 2.71 SE that need to be flashed and reflashed to the firmware and I have also Beta tested a few downgraders and other exploits to help out.