PDA

View Full Version : selfboot?

contract
July 28th, 2004, 02:29
i've d/l many self booters and none of them seem to work can anyone point me in the right direction for the ones that do work? basically i want to make a .bin file self bootable thx

blackpuma
July 28th, 2004, 03:50
I use burnerO's "dir2boot" utility!
you simply place the .bin file in a folder on its own and run the tool. then select the folder and it creates a selfbootable image of the bin ;)

Eric
July 29th, 2004, 06:28
I use the selfboot utility which should be in the needed tools section on dcemu.co.uk site or you could go to www.dcemulation.com and go to there needed tools selection and they will have it there.

Eric

souLLy
July 29th, 2004, 07:58
is the bin scrambled or unscrambled?

Eric
July 29th, 2004, 08:18
If its unscrammbled i recommend DCTOOL but others may represent to you a program called Selfboot Induder it will scramble the 1ST_READ.bin which is required for the dreamcast.

contract
July 30th, 2004, 01:39
i have no clue weather it's scrambled or not
how do i find out?

contract
July 30th, 2004, 01:56
selfboot inducer didn't work for me i'm not trying to emulate roms its something different

Eric
July 30th, 2004, 06:32
get the DCTool program from needed tools at www.dcemu.co.uk or even www.dcemulation.com all you have to do is scramble it

curt_grymala
July 30th, 2004, 07:59
What exactly are you trying to boot?

Eric
July 30th, 2004, 08:12
This is what i want to know if you could let us know what your trying there is a possibility we could tell you if its unscrammbled depending also where you grabbed it from.

Eric

Flex_Relax
August 15th, 2004, 18:16
Hello, i'm new here! I'm from de Portuguese Dreamcasters Comunity.
- turning a game selfboot is very easy, that is, if you use the right tool...

I recomend Bin2Boot, because its automatic, you just have to make an .iso or .bin image and the run the program, its available for download at megagames:

- http://www.megagames.com/dc/dc.shtml