PDA

View Full Version : Directory data to self boot iso?

eggsnham847
August 4th, 2004, 09:09
Hy i'm new here and hope to stick around a bit.
I have an original copy of the game Capcom vs SNK 2 for import japan DC.
I also have and iso and have managed to use different tools to change the games music.
However I'm clueless as to how to take the data file directory on my pc and turn it back into a selfbooting iso.
I've had over 10 attempts using numerous tools but get iso's which are either too big or just won't boot up even with a boot disk.
I've found out about the need for a new IP.bin file.
I'm not good with dos and have not been able to find a gui version of an ip.bin file creator.
anyone with knowledge of what i should do will be greatly appreciated.
thanx in advance.

Eric
August 4th, 2004, 09:12
Well i was reading the beginning and was getting pretty interesting until you got to the part where you wanted to make an ISO for Capcom vs Snk 2 and have custom music in it and what i mean by this is ILLEGAL READ THE RULES. I dont know how many times I or the forum ops have to say this.

Eric

eggsnham847
August 4th, 2004, 09:43
No it's not Illegal if you own an original copy of a game.
This is my case seeing as i have the original.
Technically this is fine seeing as i'm not breaking copyright laws.
I own the original copy of the game.
It would only be illegal if I changed the music Then sold the game or shared it with someone else.
These ARE NOT my intentions.
I do in fact use things such as DC SNES emulators and have homebrew games "Beats of Rage" being one of em.
It is a touchy subject but i'm desperate for help.

Eric
August 4th, 2004, 09:48
Yes but nobody in the scene will show you how to work with commercial software cause taking the original and making something else out of your own mind is ILLEGAL.

curt_grymala
August 4th, 2004, 11:32
Eric is correct. We cannot and will not help you with any rips of commercial games. Partially because we cannot prove whether you are using it legally or not, and partially because you are slightly misinformed as to the legality of things. In the United States, at least, it is illegal to even back-up your existing commercial Dreamcast games, because you are changing the format (unless, of course, you have a few blank GD-Roms and a GD-Rom burner). If you read the licensing agreement carefully, I am almost certain that you will find something in there about changing the format on which the data is stored.