PDA

View Full Version : Gpsp is driving me crazy!

zevende
November 5th, 2006, 22:10
I'm trying to play Zelda: the minish cap on gpsp 0.8. Every time I try to play and save the game, I come back and there are no saves!!! I can see that there is a save file in the folder when I USB connect, and there's definitely something in it, because I opened it up with my hex editor to check to see if anything was written to the file. What's going on? Is gpsp simply evil or can something be done? The game saves are on "automatic," if that would help at all to know.

Tetris999
November 5th, 2006, 22:36
well that screwed up because all my saves A-OK nothing is wrong probably ure bios is just crappy

zevende
November 5th, 2006, 22:41
Can the bios even affect that?

Nicko01
November 5th, 2006, 23:18
yea, it can.

Tetris999
November 6th, 2006, 00:10
better get a new bios or just make 2 saves at a time so the corrupt one is made and the good one also. its a wierd prob with gpsp some times when it saves it doesnt write clearly to the mem stick probably cuz u dont give it the time to

My advice

WHEN SAVING WAITFOR ABOUT 30SEC dont go immediatly when the mem light goes out

tuta
November 6th, 2006, 00:48
I just found a new fix for GPSP if u have games that dun save properly use Visual Boy advance(PC GBA Emu) and save using it remember to use the same bios u use for gpsp and transfer it to gpsp.Ofcourse by doing so you will have to start a fresh newgame and from then on u wont have anymore problems.If u have savestate try loading from there and saving the game not sure if it will work.But be sure to delete all previous save

Now all games that I previosly had troubled with works great(Castlevania games and pokemon fire red)

I think this is some sort of bug exophase removed the 64kb-128kb function then now most games that save 32kbs have problems but some work.VBA makes default 64kb saves for most games.

Havent tried legend of zelda but it shud work:D