PDA

View Full Version : VCS CheatDevice v2.1

wraggster
November 5th, 2006, 22:17
Edison Carter (http://www.cheatdevice.com/) has released a new version of his CheatDevice for GTA Vice City Stories (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/SONY_PSP_Grand_Theft_Auto__Vice_City_Stories.html? aff_id=24)

Heres the full info:

You need to run VCS through DevHook to use this. You can install the PRX by running the installer, or read the instructions in readme.txt if you prefer to do it by hand.

Download (for US or EU): CheatDevice21.zip

IMPORTANT NOTE: After installing, wait at least 30 seconds before turning off USB or pulling out your memory stick. The PC caches your changes and doesn't write them out until a while later. If your memory card gets corrupt, use chkdsk /f X:

I advise against saving your game after using cheats. Please note that when you spawn vehicles, you are using a game cheat that will lower your criminal rating!

Version History:

Fun with gravity!
Heavy car or bike
Make your car indestructible
More teleport locations

There's a pretty good list of teleport locations now. It really makes getting to the missions easier if you've decided making your own trip-skips isn't cheating.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
November 5th, 2006, 22:19
wow!!! gravity FUN!!!

Accordion
November 5th, 2006, 22:35
possible noobish question...

...can anyone actually fly the helicopters. they dont seem to work for me, but i can get in them...

if not ill just jump everywhere like the hulk...

thefly
November 5th, 2006, 23:21
The game doesn't start when I use the cheat,it stay black.
What's wrong

gslop
November 6th, 2006, 01:17
Is this safe to use with VCS iFlasher? Also how do u install firmware into the 2.71 se-b devhook?

knman00
November 6th, 2006, 03:29
The game doesn't start when I use the cheat,it stay black.
What's wrong
it doesnt work for me either.... not even the one for VCS screen just stays black nothing loads after you boot game just stays black sucks i dont think this really works because i havnt seen anyone post saying how great it is while its actually working

gslop
November 6th, 2006, 05:49
it doesnt work for me either.... not even the one for VCS screen just stays black nothing loads after you boot game just stays black sucks i dont think this really works because i havnt seen anyone post saying how great it is while its actually working

I got it to work using VCS iFlasher its for people that have trouble using it on devhook like me. It works great only it flashes cheatdevice but nothing bad happened to my psp.
Keep up the good work Carter!

TacticalBread
November 6th, 2006, 06:41
I got it to work using VCS iFlasher its for people that have trouble using it on devhook like me. It works great only it flashes cheatdevice but nothing bad happened to my psp.
Keep up the good work Carter!

I installed it using iFlasher, updated it, and it still crashes right after the gameboot.

jak66
November 6th, 2006, 06:58
people who are having problems: try reflashing 2.71 SE, then reinstalling, as the problem might be that you dont have enough room on flash0 and the file only gets part transfered when you try and flash it

jondoe696911
November 6th, 2006, 09:27
the only problem i have is every now and again with the spawning, it will freeze and crash.

hack.fool
November 6th, 2006, 18:44
hey guys is only me or you too have problem with that...I mean when I copy vcscheatdevice.prx to my dh a lot of other isos give me some trouble like savestate or won't boot at all..what does it mean? I must delete vcs.prx to play my other game...

Moning2
November 6th, 2006, 19:20
Well first i also had it that it wouldnt boot (just black), now that ive added a cheats.txt (empty, but with a code in it i get the same result) in X:\cheats\vcs\ it does load but theres no sound and some buttons dont work and right before it wants to load my savegame it crashes...

TacticalBread
November 7th, 2006, 00:26
I reinstalled 2.71 SE-A, updated to SE-B'' and installed this using iFlasher, and it still crashes right after the gameboot. Has anyone got this working on 2.71 SE?

Accordion
November 7th, 2006, 09:20
yes

TacticalBread
November 7th, 2006, 23:26
yes

Quite an informing answer. Thanks :rolleyes: Would you mind telling what you did to get it to work? Or would that be too time consuming in your obviously very busy schedual, that only allows you to make one word posts?

Accordion
November 8th, 2006, 09:18
Quite an informing answer. Thanks :rolleyes: Would you mind telling what you did to get it to work? Or would that be too time consuming in your obviously very busy schedual, that only allows you to make one word posts?

actually, i do have a busy schedule, and am also in the process of sorting out some complicated personal matters which have provided more than enough stress over the last couple of months, and i find your coment quite insulting.

if i had the resources to help any member with any problem i would do so.
i did as the iflasher readme instructs, i cant help anymore.

and, you should know that it is not a polite way to ask for help anyway, i answered your previous question, in the best way possible, it works perfect for me.

jak66
November 8th, 2006, 17:52
it works for me as well, but i installed it manually (wouldnt recomend doing it manually unless youy know exactly what your doing though)

if it freezes right after gameboot, my guess is that it corrupt during transfer, possibly due to lack of space, do you have any othe additional prxs installed or flash mods (gameboot, background,etc) that may be taking up space on your flash

also version 2.1a is out, although it doesnt seem to add anything (except possibly bug fixes) but nothing new is posted at its homepage (www.cheatdevice.com)

TacticalBread
November 8th, 2006, 23:09
actually, i do have a busy schedule, and am also in the process of sorting out some complicated personal matters which have provided more than enough stress over the last couple of months, and i find your coment quite insulting.

if i had the resources to help any member with any problem i would do so.
i did as the iflasher readme instructs, i cant help anymore.

and, you should know that it is not a polite way to ask for help anyway, i answered your previous question, in the best way possible, it works perfect for me.

Sorry if I insulted you, but one word posts are ususally quite useless.

it works for me as well, but i installed it manually (wouldnt recomend doing it manually unless youy know exactly what your doing though)

if it freezes right after gameboot, my guess is that it corrupt during transfer, possibly due to lack of space, do you have any othe additional prxs installed or flash mods (gameboot, background,etc) that may be taking up space on your flash

also version 2.1a is out, although it doesnt seem to add anything (except possibly bug fixes) but nothing new is posted at its homepage (www.cheatdevice.com)

Thank you for a helpful response. All I have installed is a background, done from the XMB, and CW Cheat.

EDIT: Well I got it to work. I had pspbtcnf_game.txt edited to load cwcheat.prx also, and I guess I put it in the wrong place or something like that, because when I removed the $/kd/cwcheat.prx line from the .txt, and installed it, it worked fine. Do you know how I could modify it to load cwcheat.prx too with out corrupting the whole thing?

EDIT: (again) I got it working along side cwcheat. Yay. (: I just put $/kd/cwcheat.prx after $/kd/vcscheatdevice.prx. I guess it didn't like it before.