PDA

View Full Version : gta vcs help plz :)

Takean
November 5th, 2006, 23:13
I'm sure to get blasted here for this, but I have read and read and read until my eyeballs hurt...lol...and I still am no where.

I purchased GTA:vcs 2 days ago. I have read things like swap tricks and devhook answeres...etc. I just want to play the game without upgrading my firmware. Is their a way at this time to do so?

1. does the swap disk trick work like I have seen and read? I have heard it does. I have heard it is fake. I have heard other rabble that has nothing to do with the trick. I have tried it..and cannot get it to work. Am I doing it wrong, or is it fake?

2. I only have a 1gig memory card...and no, i'm not going to buy a 2 to 4 gig card. Why? I can't afford it at the moment. So...with a gig memory card...and firmware 2.71 se-b'...can I even begin to run this game..or will it sit on the shelf for a while?

Sorry if I'm being noobish...and plz do not blast me with the "you should read the forums" responce..because I have, and if I missed something, Sorry. Just need some help :)

Thanks

PSPKOR
November 5th, 2006, 23:53
The DevHook way works fine for me
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41041
But you need to use it as an ISO when going through DevHook. You could try running the ISO of the game through your computer, I've done that before I got my 4gb memory stick.

AtariFreek
November 6th, 2006, 00:16
get se-b and upgarde it to se-b'' and the legal umd will work!

PSPKOR
November 6th, 2006, 00:20
Like to point out here that my ISO is 100% legal, it was ripped from my purchased UMD. Its just putting it into ISO is the only way for it to work with out upgrading to se-b, and I dont realy want to upgrade to it as I like my V1.5 psp.

Ci5tm Konfliqt
November 6th, 2006, 15:56
the custom firmware i think is the better option - no fuss with iso's. dark alex is a genius

tallica
November 7th, 2006, 22:39
Play it through devhook. In devhook settings go to the other menu and click on the 2.0-2.xx option and it will work fine :)

jonezybaby
November 8th, 2006, 00:27
Dev Hook As An ISO, U Can Rip It 2 Less Then 1gb Or Use IR Shell And Use The Wifi And Play It From Ur PC Harddrive

diehard147
November 8th, 2006, 01:16
ISO so what is all about. U Want ISO Them PM Me

Takean
November 8th, 2006, 01:46
Thx for all the help. I just decided to iso it. It' runs great..with a few lag spots every now and then due to it's size..but fine with me. I would like to make it clear that while i'm using it as an iso..I DO own the game and made the iso from it myself.

p.s. Do not message me emailing u the iso ;p Not going to do it ;p

Destroyer699
November 8th, 2006, 02:10
No iso talk. The se-b" can run vcs just fine without being a pirate. Use your brain please. Read the rules.

Foxmc_loud
November 10th, 2006, 12:54
What firmware does vice city stories need???????

splodger15
November 10th, 2006, 12:58