PDA

View Full Version : Nds Homebrew Question

abeisgreat
November 6th, 2006, 06:05
Ok, I have been registered to this forum for awhile. My favorite part of the forum is the nds homebrew forums. So to get to my question I have been reading these forums and I finally decided to break down and buy a homebrew cart. But I dont know which one! I have been researching for sometime and I have found many good ones. I want one that is good for everything, I want one that can play all(or most) gba and ds homebrew games, all (or again most) gba and nds apps, And have the apps be wifi compatible, and be sd or internal memory ( no cf or others like that,accept if that specific cart is extremely good). I know this is asking alot , but if i am going to buy one I want it to be good :D Also to add on to that I would like it to be under $150 and if you could be so kind please send me a link to a honorable source to get it. Sorry for the long read, but any help would be extremely appreciated :D

NoQuarter
November 6th, 2006, 06:18
I'm thinking about getting the dsxtreme but that only has 512 internal memory.It is a one card solution though.

abeisgreat
November 6th, 2006, 06:28
ok thats cool, do you know if its possible to get skins for the dsxtreme? also is there something like that that has a bigger memory?

NoQuarter
November 6th, 2006, 06:38
I honestly don't know,I've only done a little preliminary reading to get a good idea of what I want.Ya might wanna check out their website

abeisgreat
November 6th, 2006, 06:42
Ok ill do some research, thx for all the info.

P.S. I am still interested in anyones else's suggestions.

kcajblue
November 6th, 2006, 06:51
cmon abeisgreat, you know there is no rom talk.
but anyway, you should get the M3 because it has better support for GBA than the Supercard and others. DS-X doesnt have GBA support because its a slot 1 device.

The Hombrew Hunter
November 6th, 2006, 12:08
M3 is expandible memory.

You can buy the largest cards and have multiple. memory. spaces...

abeisgreat
November 6th, 2006, 15:13
Where can i get an M3, and kcajblue I fixed the rom talk :D

kcajblue
November 6th, 2006, 15:29
i would suggest this place
http://www.realhotstuff.com/

abeisgreat
November 6th, 2006, 15:44
this is a dumb question, but there site looks kinda unprofessional can they be trusted? Also they say no gba support but, I would like to play gba apps.

Junixx
November 6th, 2006, 22:11
Make sure your looking for M3 PERFECT, not Professional because Pro has no GBA support

kcajblue
November 7th, 2006, 00:22
yes that website can be trusted.
i ordered my DS Link from them and it had really good shipping.

abeisgreat
November 7th, 2006, 03:50
is this (http://www.realhotstuff.com/lite-adapter-p-119.html)
a M3 Perfect?

kcajblue
November 7th, 2006, 06:10
yes it is seeing as the site has no M3 Lite Pros in stock.

abeisgreat
November 7th, 2006, 07:18
oh ok. Does anyone know if flashme will work with the M3 perfect, or do I not need a passcart at all?

kcajblue
November 7th, 2006, 23:53
flashme does work with the M3 Perfect.

abeisgreat
November 8th, 2006, 03:32
ok but I still need a passcard?

kcajblue
November 8th, 2006, 06:29
yes, you will need to use the passcard3 to flash your DS.
then you wont need it anymore.

abeisgreat
November 8th, 2006, 15:22
Sorry, i meant will i have to use a passcard to boot nds apps?(Im dont want to flash my dsl yet)

kcajblue
November 8th, 2006, 23:45
yes. you will need the passcard3 to use any nds files.

abeisgreat
November 9th, 2006, 04:19
ok thx, by the way ( this is a little of topic ) Kcajblue hoe do you pronounce your name?

kcajblue
November 9th, 2006, 05:34
ok thx, by the way ( this is a little of topic ) Kcajblue hoe do you pronounce your name?lol, thats the first time someone asked me that.
anyway, you say the first four letters then say blue.
so it would be k-c-a-j blue.

unless your not talking about kcajblue.
if your not then i dont know what your talking about.

abeisgreat
November 9th, 2006, 05:40
ya I was talking about Kcajblue. I was just wonderin cause you reply to alot of my threads, every time I read your name and wonder how to pronounce it so I finally asked :)