PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat

//R
November 6th, 2006, 09:30
Which emulator runs MK I/II the best? They have always run badly via MAME for some reason, so I assume that remains the same on the PSP?

Is there a good version for the SNES/PSX/N64 thats better to run?

NoQuarter
November 6th, 2006, 09:52
snestylme .42 is the best snes emu
No real playable psx
N64 emu is available,it's called daedelus.It's still a work in progress though

Baboon
November 6th, 2006, 10:05
I'd defo go for snestylme.42 for any of the Mortal Combat games, but I find it lags quite a bit while playing multiplayer V's fights.

S34MU5
November 6th, 2006, 11:58
you could also use PSPgenesis
but snes9tylMe0.42 is the best coz it has multiplayer!
pwnage!

jak66
November 6th, 2006, 12:31
you could also use PSPgenesis
but snes9tylMe0.42 is the best coz it has multiplayer!

whats wrong with Dgen (which has multiplayer :rolleyes: )

Baboon
November 6th, 2006, 13:05

How well does dgen's mutiplayer perform? I've never managed to get it to work. :(

Is it more stable then the snes for Vs battles?

jak66
November 6th, 2006, 13:24
dunno, all ive tried on dgen wifi is sunset riders, mainly cause i have a UMD with mk 1+2+3 on it so i dont need it, i was mearly stating to S34MUS that Dgen has wifi whereas PSPgenisis obviously (from whats been said) doesnt

Baboon
November 6th, 2006, 13:32
Well if Sunset Riders works ok (top game!) on Dgen I might try again give this a go tonight! :)

//R
November 6th, 2006, 16:24
Thanks for the help! :¬)

Apoklepz
November 6th, 2006, 17:06
Yes, as stated before...you should try SnesX-TYL-ME .40 I've found that it has better compatibility with the MK games...I don't remember wich one it was right now, but MKIII or Ultimate MKIII will freeze and hang at a certain point, give you a blue screen crash and mess up all or some of your eboots and image files, making you have to reformat your MS...It's happened to me twice, so I totally ditched TYL ver.42, regardless of it being the last update and all...This also happens with NBA Hang time...another Midway game...Why?

//R
November 6th, 2006, 18:50
Ouch! Will definately stick with .40 then, thanks for the warning.

S34MU5
November 6th, 2006, 19:41

Last time i tried it, it only had Ir multiplayer, not wifi.
And last time i tried Dgen had a big frame all the way round the screen, where as psp genesis you could set to full screen

jak66
November 7th, 2006, 09:03
dgen has improved greatly then
it now has wifi multiplayer and you can set it to full screen also (if you set it to a smaller screen size than you get that frame around it

S34MU5
November 8th, 2006, 17:15
I might download it then!

cheers