PDA

View Full Version : new iRShell out soon

jak66
November 6th, 2006, 13:26
Some of you may already aware there is an iR Shell Special Edition released to beta testers only. I've decided to turn the SE into another public release. You can expect to see all the SE features to be included. Currently, I don't have an exact release date, but it should be soon.

and linkage = http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=874&mforum=irshell

blackrave
November 6th, 2006, 14:59
That's fantastic news! Hopefully it will work better with 2.71 SE-B. I really wonder what the new features are.

ICE
November 6th, 2006, 15:06
hmm thought he was done with irshell... good news though.

Kramer
November 6th, 2006, 15:09
Cool this going to be awesome. I bet alot of people are going to start upgrading from 1.50 when this comes out.

kando
November 6th, 2006, 17:17
he's had 10 or more beta's released since the "final" release....one of the COOLEST features i think is the ability to use the psp's 4th brightness level without needing AC plugged in...

ahman, your fans will never forget this gesture of kindness!

we patiently await your word!

jak66
November 6th, 2006, 17:19
its not called SE cause it was made for 2.71 SE, its called SE cause it was 2.2 special edition made for beta testers only, ahmans way of sayin thanks, but now hes making it a new public release (although if i remember there was an alternative version that did work with the 2.71 kernal, but i heard it was very buggy)

Apoklepz
November 6th, 2006, 17:28
Yeah, the final release, if used on 2.71 SE firmwares, you'll find that it doesn't have loading compatibility with many UMDs. Also, it won't go into the PSP's XMB through IRshell...you end up with error...So this is great news...Ahman is one of the best!

S34MU5
November 6th, 2006, 17:59
Yeh i thought he was done 2?

This is my fav app,
along with x-flash

Shrygue
November 6th, 2006, 18:10
It's good that irShell is being updated. I rate this PSP application as one of the best around.

Kramer
November 6th, 2006, 18:56
its not called SE cause it was made for 2.71 SE, its called SE cause it was 2.2 special edition made for beta testers only, ahmans way of sayin thanks, but now hes making it a new public release (although if i remember there was an alternative version that did work with the 2.71 kernal, but i heard it was very buggy)

lol ok but it will still run on 2.71 SE anyway.

kando
November 6th, 2006, 19:46
just a taste....this wasnt even the latest beta either...

- Allow the use of the 4th brightness setting (maximum) on the LCD. Normally, you can only set the 4th brightness when connected to a power adapter. This new version allows you to activate the 4th brightness anytime by pressing "Left Trigger + Brightness". The setting will also carry over to Devhook firmware emulation when iR Shell is active. To return to normal brightness, press "Brightness" button.

AND

Keypad Redirection via nethost0
I tried to get this as stable as I can. The original keypad redirection via WiFi had resulted in system hangup if certain events are triggered. Those events include system key press and LCD screen wakeup from sleep. System keys include Home, Note, Brightness and volume keys which will hang your PSP when pressed. In order to bypass the problem, I had to suspend WiFi keypad redirection for about 1 second when these events are triggered. There may be other cases that I haven't discovered which may also cause hangup. Use it at your own risk.

Another problem is your PSP may randamly pause for a second due to WiFi packet retransmission. This may lead to sluggish gameplay. The situation will get worst if you've several wireless devices sharing the same channel, or your neighbours.

This version of nethostfs can coexist with most UMD games, but not all. You can use a PC joypad & keyboard to control your game over WiFi.

---

........drools....

Mr. Shizzy
November 6th, 2006, 20:06
Nice!!! I love Ir Shell !!!! (I use it every day) Can't wait!

IronX
November 6th, 2006, 20:36
Sorry, I know I have read it somewhere, and that I easily can find the answer if I search.. BUT... what is iRShell? :P.

jak66
November 7th, 2006, 09:10
ir shell is a multi tasking shell for the playstation portable gaming system, it allows you to play music (mp3s), play games (UMDs or homebrew), listen to your music while playing games, it can also be used as an infared remote control, a picture viewer and has many other great features

NoQuarter
November 7th, 2006, 09:16
Awesome news, I think I'm gonna take the plunge and move to 2.71

htn85
November 8th, 2006, 06:46
my friend wants to know if this will work on 2.71 with TA-082 mainboard.