PDA

View Full Version : VCD player

SEGA
July 10th, 2004, 03:22
OK sorry to bug you guys, but I wana watch a movie on my DC using a VCD player program I once found for it about 2 years ago, but zeroed out my hard drive and lost the program now I can't find it.

I have a movie on my PC and I wana put it on a CD-R and play it on my DreamCast, please a little info on how to do this would be great, thanks in advance. ;D

guymelef
July 10th, 2004, 04:21
you'll have to wait for an admin. because I don't know if it was a commercial release or a free release. either way it only plays regular vcd and no svcd and no menu's and 90% picture but at 100% speed. and it's a pain in the ass to use without the remote.

curt_grymala
July 10th, 2004, 09:02
GypPlay is a pretty good VCD player. You should be able to get it from http://www.dchomebrew.org/

You will have to put your dat or mpeg files on the disc with GypPlay. They have to be MPEG-1 files.

Eric
July 12th, 2004, 07:32
okay i am going to add something to this to cause well i can never watch a movie with the correct FPS and sound is not sync with the movie so does this mean MPEG-1 will work perfectly fine cause i am sorry to say this i would think its useless having one if you plainly cant watch a movie correctly and again this is no offense to programers i think its neat to get a movie player on dreamcast and good work at doing one

Eric

guymelef
July 12th, 2004, 18:22
IMO just buy one of the new phillips or kodak dvd players for 77usd. they play vcd svcd jpeg dvdr mp3's and divx(yes divx) check'em out at best buy.com or something. anyone know if there is a divx player for xbox yet?

Eric
July 12th, 2004, 19:03
the reason why he wanted a divx player for the dc is probably not the only reason to watch movies on there but to see how cool it is to be watching movies from your dreamcast hell i have a pioneer dvd player last years model and its amazing but i still want to check out what its like on the dc

asim18
February 10th, 2007, 23:48
IMO just buy one of the new phillips or kodak dvd players for 77usd. they play vcd svcd jpeg dvdr mp3's and divx(yes divx) check'em out at best buy.com or something. anyone know if there is a divx player for xbox yet?

Yes, check out XBMC, Xbox Media Centre - http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/

J_Villa1983
February 11th, 2007, 13:06
or else instead of doing that.. you can get a cheap 500 mhz PC, run GeeXbox linux mediacenter on it and watch anything you want!

J_Villa1983
February 11th, 2007, 13:06
I do get the point though.. I would really like to see a way to run decent video on the dreamcast just for the hell of it!

Christuserloeser
February 11th, 2007, 22:36
asim_18:Please stop bumping two year old threads just to post some offtopic comment. You've been warned.

For Dreamcast, the very best VideoCD players are commercial products that you could find at some online stores or ebay. There also is a SFD player floating around, but it's based on ripped commercial software, so we can't support you with that as of now.

For Homebrew, GypPlay is very good indeed. Else you might try VC/DC (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27771&highlight=vc%2Fdc) wich is still in development afaik.

It is possible to achieve a very good quality with (u)DCDivX too, but it's not easy and requires some time to figure out some decent settings.

Another option would be DCPlaya. I've heard it plays many many video formats but I haven't yet tested it.