PDA

View Full Version : Abe on DS

sonikku88
November 6th, 2006, 19:23
OMG, I thought of the best game(s) to port to the DS: Abe's Oddysee & Exodus on the PS1. You could use the microphone to say the phrases instead of remembering button combinations.

To be honest, I only suggested this with only the microphone in mind. I've never played the games on PS1. Well, I have, but not all they way through. I have no idea what the touch screen could be used for, or whether the games are small enough to fit onto DS cards.

If anyone has played/owned/completed these games, please discuss your thoughts on a port for DS.

Kramer
November 6th, 2006, 19:26
no source, no port.
lol i always wanted to say that.

kcajblue
November 7th, 2006, 00:23
if writing recognition is bad enough on the DS just imagine how bad voice recognition would be.

sonikku88
November 7th, 2006, 09:36
no source, no port.
lol i always wanted to say that.

Not a homebrew port. I mean an official port by the makers.

jamiegibson
February 4th, 2007, 12:41
Too bad there's no source, The first two oddworld games are my favourite PS games. An official port won't happen because oddworld inhabitants is now owned by Microsoft.

ENG
February 4th, 2007, 13:09
I would say it's waaay too big to fit (around 500 megs i think) and if they dumbed the graphics down, the game wouldn't be that good, anyway, good idea, i would certainly like to see a portable oddworld game.

sonikku88
February 4th, 2007, 21:00
An official port won't happen because oddworld inhabitants is now owned by Microsoft.

That didn't stop them from bringing Munch's Oddysee to the GBA. Then again, ENG did say Abe's Oddysee is 500MB, so that is a problem.

i would certainly like to see a portable oddworld game.

There were some handheld Oddworld games for GBC and GBA, although they didn't seem to be very good...

jamiegibson
February 4th, 2007, 21:23
Actually, that was made by THQ who had rights to make so many Xbox games on GBA, but the results were not great.