PDA

View Full Version : uDCdivx May2nd Version Released

DCEmu_Newsposter
May 3rd, 2004, 01:37
Our good friend Mekanaizer from both our IRC Chatroom and also the Forum has told me he has released a new version of his Divx player for the Dreamcast called uDCdivx, he has told me that only minor alterations have been made but he would like feedback on this release. [br][br]Please download from our uDCdivx Page (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/udcdivx.shtml) [br][br]Leave comments, feedback(constructive), screenshots in the link below.

wraggster
May 3rd, 2004, 01:37
Ignore the out of date read me file too :)

ztenshi
May 3rd, 2004, 23:50
Hey there,

Just wanna give props to whomever first decided to use a dc for a divx player. I'd been using DCdivx beta 4 for viewing these teenage mutant ninja turtle divx's (320x240 res, 16k mp3 divx4) and it runs them really nice like 94% well. I just burned uDCdivxmay2nd, and the viewability is noticably worse. Like real bad. Anyways, keep up the good work.

wraggster
May 4th, 2004, 00:28
Thanks for the comments, if you can point out whats wrong that will help the author.

pdh
May 4th, 2004, 05:36
I tried playing The Office avi, DivX5, 592bitrate, 352x288 resolution, with stereo mp3 at 22050, 25 frames per second.

This played fine in the Bero player, fullscreen, no synch problem, no dropped frames, in essence no problems at all.

Using the uDCdivx May2nd release, the avi played, it was less than fullscreen, with massive frame rate loss, probably running at about 5 frames per second. But sound was fine. but in essence unplayable.

Mekanaizer
May 4th, 2004, 06:41
Hi

Thanks

Anyway iam working in a new version
(this new version will no longer be a test version)
;)

-Melanaizer-

Christuserloeser
May 4th, 2004, 13:47
thx for your efforts! *:)

I am gonna burn the udcdivxmay2nd ver soon!

Edit: Wait a sec, I'll try the new version if it's out ::)

Chris

ztenshi
May 5th, 2004, 04:53
I'd like to know if I could be notified when the new version comes out, is there a webpage or something?

kragil
May 5th, 2004, 19:50
I would really like to see VCD and MVCD Compability, because you can get any movies in that format and the requirements are much lower than for DivX.

That would really rock! :-)

But keep up the good work!

nightHawk_450
June 3rd, 2004, 18:28
Hey...I was wondering how to burn just the uDCdivx.bin file? Should I convert it to an iso? thanks a million

dr_Evil
June 5th, 2004, 00:58
I tried to play a movie that I converted to a divx by dcdivx for dummies rules, and it wasn't quite good. There were some frame loss, and a/v wasn't synchronised. Beta4 plays it perfectly by the way. I tried some of convencional movies for PC, still no progress in that field. Hopefully, some day. Keep trying. We depend on people like you.