PDA

View Full Version : !Datels *NEW* peice of crap!

DooMeh1
November 7th, 2006, 02:39
It seems Datel's at it again making another piece of crap. I snagged these pics with my camera phone at my local Best Buy:

FRONT COVER:
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3253694521.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

BACK COVER:
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/a9a4331b81.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Hopefully not many people buy this piece of crap in hopes to play homebrew.

kcajblue
November 7th, 2006, 03:05
havent they always had this?
or am i wrong.
i dont pay much attention to datel other than the action replay.

Destroyer699
November 7th, 2006, 03:18
No, this is new crap. Congrats Datel.

NoQuarter
November 7th, 2006, 03:34
So what can this thing actually do?

The Hombrew Hunter
November 7th, 2006, 04:53
Rip off the general consumers, that's what.

Congrats for more crap, Datel!

Junixx
November 7th, 2006, 04:55
Wtf? A GigaPACK? They should at LEAST specify byte or bit -_-

and congrats to the new crap

:Edit:

Wait they do specify byte

Wonder how long it will be before we see people saying "I bought that Gigapack thing"

Destroyer699
November 7th, 2006, 05:22
Woohoo time for people saying "can I run teh uber homebrew with my gigpakzorz its awesomz" and I will reply " no, the gigacrap does nothing, I suggest you burn it or make a dog chew toy with it (I hear that dogs love megabytes, they are chewy)."

DooMeh1
November 7th, 2006, 12:57
lol, oh and GIGA, in anything, means gigabyte... You know, 1000 megabyes (which, for me at least, isnt very big)

chemical
November 7th, 2006, 16:45
lamez0r.

abeisgreat
November 7th, 2006, 17:34
Datel should get put out of business, they have been making CRAP! for years! And this is more crap!

Rocksil
November 7th, 2006, 18:16
can u use it to run homebrew on ur ds or just wacth videos and music

sonikku88
November 7th, 2006, 23:45
can u use it to run homebrew on ur ds or just wacth videos and music

Both. But the homebrew is very limited.

Anyway, it's just the Max Media Player with a smaller dock. I doubt the software is any different otherwise Datel would have put an upgrade for the current MMP software.

You know, 1000 megabyes

Actually, 1GB is 1024MB. =D

Knux896
November 8th, 2006, 00:02
I must say that I am surprised at the amount of crap that people are giving Datel about this product. I don't remember people saying bad things about the makers of the M3 when they said they were going to release the G6. That is basically what Datel has done here, taken a card reader and put it into a cart form. As a matter of fact, if I remember correctly, the G6 has a maximum size of 512 MB. That means that this new MMD has twice the space.

Everyone needs to stop and realize that the MMD isn't the utter crap product it was when it was released. They have implemented every feature they promised (except .gba support) and are actively taking steps to improve the compatibilty of homebrew and working to encourage programmers to code for it.

It isn't a crap product anymore people. "It ain't the best, but it ain't bad."

sonikku88
November 8th, 2006, 01:59
I must say that I am surprised at the amount of crap that people are giving Datel about this product. I don't remember people saying bad things about the makers of the M3 when they said they were going to release the G6. That is basically what Datel has done here, taken a card reader and put it into a cart form. As a matter of fact, if I remember correctly, the G6 has a maximum size of 512 MB. That means that this new MMD has twice the space.

Everyone needs to stop and realize that the MMD isn't the utter crap product it was when it was released. They have implemented every feature they promised (except .gba support) and are actively taking steps to improve the compatibilty of homebrew and working to encourage programmers to code for it.

It isn't a crap product anymore people. "It ain't the best, but it ain't bad."

Yeah, but what they've done here is "improved" the hardware. Now I for one have not heard anybody say any bad comments on the Max Media Dock itself, but the software, Max Media Player, and its lack of support for .GBA files and various DS homebrew is what's pissing everyone off. Datel are missing the whole point! While they were making this, they should have been improving the software.

Trigger_Happy00
November 8th, 2006, 04:03
It would be funny if this dock has everything we wanted.

Junixx
November 8th, 2006, 04:28
Hah, thatd be crazy, but i doubt it does

Knux896
November 8th, 2006, 13:08
Yeah, but what they've done here is "improved" the hardware. Now I for one have not heard anybody say any bad comments on the Max Media Dock itself, but the software, Max Media Player, and its lack of support for .GBA files and various DS homebrew is what's pissing everyone off. Datel are missing the whole point! While they were making this, they should have been improving the software.

There at least is some evidence that they are working on a software update evident on the new box. For instance, they now advertise the fact that the MMD recognizes files in .zip format as ZIP files which means that they might be close to being able to run zipped files.

Amethyst
November 8th, 2006, 19:17
Meh.

Max ain't no pot o' gold but it ain't a turd either.

We're just pissed off at the lack of f'cking updates. Hopefully this new chunk of plastic will bring forth more than 2 f'cking updates within the next year.

I don't give a f'ck if the updates are a sea of useless "now you can use the D-Pad to surf the main interface" crap with one "new format supported". Just f'cking update!

Anyways, back on topic, 1 GB for a satisfactory library of music and a video or two isn't enough. I'm trying to upgrade to a 2GB CF because I'm sick of having to pick my songs carefully so I can have a decent, diverse library without overcrowding my CF.

sonikku88
November 8th, 2006, 22:16
There at least is some evidence that they are working on a software update evident on the new box. For instance, they now advertise the fact that the MMD recognizes files in .zip format as ZIP files which means that they might be close to being able to run zipped files.

That's another thing they said the MMP could do! When will the lies end?! :(

Joel92
November 8th, 2006, 22:44
1) someone should report them to the better bussiness beurro

2) whats the difference between this and the max media player? isnt it the exact same, except for a bit different design? or am i wrong?

jonezybaby
November 8th, 2006, 23:12
lol, oh and GIGA, in anything, means gigabyte... You know, 1000 megabyes (which, for me at least, isnt very big)

Dont mean 2 sound cocky or nething but a gigabyte is 1024mb, soz just had 2 bring that up lol

sonikku88
November 9th, 2006, 00:38
Dont mean 2 sound cocky or nething but a gigabyte is 1024mb, soz just had 2 bring that up lol

I already said that. =/

You know, 1000 megabyes
Actually, 1GB is 1024MB. =D

Amethyst
November 9th, 2006, 07:04
whats the difference between this and the max media player? isnt it the exact same, except for a bit different design? or am i wrong?

Well, you just answered your own question. The difference is in the design.

Junixx
November 10th, 2006, 00:00
Wonder what in this one..an SD card maybe, didnt the Player have a CF card in it?

Sektor
November 10th, 2006, 00:36
I don't think this takes any cards, you are stuck with the 1GB storage built-in.

Joel92
November 13th, 2006, 00:02
first off, the mmp came with a cf card gen. 2, meaning it was about the same size as a cf card, had the same prongs, did the same thing, but sucked down way more battery, because it is actually a mini harddrive, though you can replace the harddrive with a cf card.. just like the dock. anyways, im guessing that in time datel is gonna come out with different sized "gigapacks" as they call them, to go with your "personal media player"

BigJC1983
March 20th, 2007, 18:30
News: the MMP will take up to 8GB CF Cards! That's right, 8 GB!!! And it will work with M3, SuperCard, and NeoFlash. Maybe Datel got another one right, their ARs have always been awesome. JMHO.