PDA

View Full Version : newbie alert!

keasty
November 7th, 2006, 11:54
hello everyone

i apoligise because i am sure that you have answered this before however i am a little confused.

i have ds lite and would like to turn it into a media player aswell. do i need a supercard lite and micro sd card and a homebrew media player or do i need a passkey card aswell. i might also want to run some homebrew games later on what do i need to do.

thanks

kev

abeisgreat
November 7th, 2006, 15:58
If you want to boot .nds then you do :) Go here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32500) for more info

MikeDX
November 7th, 2006, 16:03
I am pretty sure you do but not possitive :(

So basically what you are saying, is you don't know.

Pointless posts ;)

abeisgreat
November 7th, 2006, 16:05
I did know I just didnt remember but I fixed it

keasty
November 7th, 2006, 16:10
what i mean is can i buy a supercard lite and sd card install a media player on it and add the mp3s etc to the same sd card and play it all of that without having to flash the ds or use a passkey?

abeisgreat
November 7th, 2006, 16:20
yes if you boot it though the gba slot, but again this will not allow you to play any ds software.

keasty
November 7th, 2006, 16:28
when you say ds software you mean homebrew ds software dont you ? i assume the passkey thing is for this?

abeisgreat
November 7th, 2006, 16:44
I do mean homebrew( also I don't know what you mean by the second sentence), I meant that if you boot it though the gba slot you will not be able to boot .nds I and I dont know of any homebrew mp3 players for a gba. So you would be smarter to buy a passcard cause you will want it sooner or later

keasty
November 8th, 2006, 09:05
thanks i think i get it