PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a PSP and need some help.

LightZY
November 7th, 2006, 15:43
I have a few questions here which i hope i could be enlightened.

Well after reading some threads, i found out that i am running the firmware 2.81 with the dreaded TA-082 motherboard.

I fully understand that with that motherboard i cannot downgrade my PSP to the version 1.5.

So i wanted to know if i play homebrew games?
Whether can i insert my personal videos as well as mp3s into my PSP. Without bricking my PSP.

Sorry if these are asked before. Thanks.

Kramer
November 7th, 2006, 15:46
well you cant play homebrew but you can play mp3's and your vids on it.

ICE
November 7th, 2006, 15:57
ya vids and music is fine but no homebrew for you sorry. just wait awhile someone will find a way to help you 2.81 users eventually......

LightZY
November 7th, 2006, 16:02
Ok thanks guys but i wanted to know with my motherboard isit totally impossible to play homebrews?

MikeDX
November 7th, 2006, 16:06
No, not totally impossible.

I suspect before the end of the year there will be a new hole in either the newer firmware or a game, so be patient ;)

potatoman
November 7th, 2006, 16:07
no, just impossible to downgrade below 2.5

LightZY
November 7th, 2006, 16:15
Ok so i take it that all i have to do is be patient and wait for a new exploit or bug that will be discovered in something right?

Well, how would i know what will mess with my flash memory or rather in what way will i get my PSP bricked. For example, changing themes or?

Thanks.

MikeDX
November 7th, 2006, 16:41
Since there is no exploit for 2.81, I would imagine you are quite safe.. for now.

and if something does brick your psp, it means there must be some flash access on 2.81, so let us know what you ran to do it! ;)

jak66
November 7th, 2006, 16:48
and if something does brick your psp, it means there must be some flash access on 2.81, so let us know what you ran to do it! ;)

some flash access on 2.81 = Official updater

brick your psp = Pull out battery while using official updater
:p lol

MikeDX
November 7th, 2006, 17:00
some flash access on 2.81 = Official updater

brick your psp = Pull out battery while using official updater
:p lol

I wish I was as funny as you ;)

Shrygue
November 7th, 2006, 18:20
I think that getting flash access (especially flash0) on 2.81 is finding an exploit other than using an official updater and cutting the power on the console resulting in a complete brick.

jak66
November 7th, 2006, 19:49
I think that getting flash access (especially flash0) on 2.81 is finding an exploit other than using an official updater and cutting the power on the console resulting in a complete brick.

i know, it takes time and an actual exploit rather than complete stupidity (although if he did that and still has his warrenty he could take it back to the shop he got it, and ask to 'try' his new PSP, then while 'trying' it search for the mobo version and firmware version)

Shrygue
November 7th, 2006, 20:49
(although if he did that and still has his warrenty he could take it back to the shop he got it, and ask to 'try' his new PSP, then while 'trying' it search for the mobo version and firmware version)

Another way to downgrade, if somewhat in a desperate manner. Of course, that can backfire if he wasn't allowed to check the new PSPs.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
November 7th, 2006, 21:09
putting videos and mp3s on your psp, doesnt even go near the flash. sony doesnt care about the media that u put on ur psp, only homebrew stuff.