PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 getting attachable hard drive and wireless controllers !

wraggster
February 22nd, 2005, 17:56
Our same reliable source who delivered the goods for us a few weeks back with the inside dirt that the name for the next Xbox is indeed the Xbox 360 has just hit us up with a couple of other nibblets: One, that the Xbox 360 is definitely going to come with wireless controllers; and two, that it’s going to have an optional hard drive that attaches to the top of Xbox 360 “in a really slick way, almost like the hood scoop on a muscle car.” Better still, “You’ll be able to add the hard drive afterwards without having to take the box apart if you didn’t buy the hard drive version of the Xbox 360.” Yeah, that means there are going to be (at least) two versions of the Xbox 360 available when it goes on sale, one with a hard drive, and one without.

ptr.exe
March 2nd, 2005, 20:14
Cool, but wireless controllers are a given for the next-gen consoles, wires are so last gen. I cant really imagine the HDD on the top that sounds pretty ugly as your gonna have a box sticking up an inch off the top. Maybe it'll look cool but it sounds rubbish.

fackue
March 2nd, 2005, 20:51
I haven't tried wireless controllers since the Genesis ages. Those things sucked ass, you had to practically have the thing pointing directly at the receiver, and you couldn't be far away from it either.

I surely hope newer wireless controllers are not like this, are they? I thought about buying one of the GameCube wireless controllers but ever since then I was turned down by the thought of them.

fackue
March 5th, 2005, 09:10
*bump*

I really wanna know! :P

LyonHrt
March 5th, 2005, 15:44
well my cousin had one, and he was practically out of the room, with it still working.
Couldn't see the screen, but worked! So they're getting much better.

BTW, why does the detatchable harddrive make me think jaguar (with it detatchable cdrom)

souLLy
March 5th, 2005, 16:03
the problem with wireless controllers is though... like the tv remote... it makes them a million times easier to misplace. it's difficult to lose a controller attatched to your console by a wire.

Mental2k
March 5th, 2005, 16:44
LyingWake, chances are they're probably bluetooth. As for the scoop, i dunno, if it retails with the HDD, i think its a good idea, cause then i can bring all my saves to my mates house instead of having to buy a mem card. Also if they put an mp3 player on the HDD then we would also have an ipod, i know i already have on, but still it'd be kinda neat. gee i sound american ;D

fackue
March 5th, 2005, 21:48
well my cousin had one, and he was practically out of the room, with it still working.
Couldn't see the screen, but worked! That's good to know. I kinda thought you could use them long distances without any problem, because I heard somewhere they were 2.4GHz - just like wireless telephones.

I may buy one for my GCN if I ever get it back.