PDA

View Full Version : hi (noobish question) 2.71 SE

psp fan
November 8th, 2006, 17:46
well first of all hi to all of you lol
im looking for tutorial for getting the new SE-B3 update but iv recently found out you need to get all the other ones before it and well im stuck first of all i know i will dodge something up so i need a good tutorial wich is simple and well i dont have TA-082 motherbord and i originlly right now am using devhook to play my games so help!!:o

Apoklepz
November 8th, 2006, 17:52
First what's your current firmware? For starters, we need to know if you're either on 1.50 or one of the 1.50 custom ones...otherwise you might brick if updating from a higher firmware.

Second, do yourself a favor and check out this post:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40375&highlight=2.71+installer

It's got links to the 2.71 SE installers that will make updating your PSP much easier.

Let me know if you need any more assistance after you've looked at all this...I'll be gald to help.

psp fan
November 8th, 2006, 18:02
Well i have normal 1.50 and i use devhook Wich one of theese do i start with also and should i format memory stick?

Apoklepz
November 8th, 2006, 18:15
If you want to update to 2.71 SE-B" you can forget about Devhook if you like, you won't really be needing it anymore, unless you still want to record videos.
Just put your MS stuff on a PC for now, and fromat your MS on your PSP before you begin.

psp fan
November 8th, 2006, 18:23
ok then ill do all of that but were (sorry nooby again) wich link shall i go on?

Apoklepz
November 8th, 2006, 18:35
Ok, you will need to install 2.71 SE-A first.

Grab the installer from here:

http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5476&sid=2effd27d6c0cdbbb867a8f2511e9f7b3

Start charging your PSP's Battery in the meantime.

psp fan
November 8th, 2006, 18:43
ok downloaded it what now?
also do i have to have the ac adapter in at all times?

Apoklepz
November 8th, 2006, 18:52
Yes, charge that PSP battery up & don't remove the AC adapter till we're done... I've found a very comprehensive guide that will show you what to do step by step...I don't think the file you just downloaded for fw SE-A is required if you have a SONY 1.50, so here you go. It's just that I personally upgraded to SE-A first...but apparently it's not required. It's easier to update straight from 1.50.

http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-firmware-discussion-253/t-271-se-b-faq-wip-75744.html

use the installers from the first link I gave you, they are safe, I succesfully upgraded with those.

I'm very sorry, but I gotta get back to work. PM me if you need any more help later, and don't do anything you're not completely sure about. Good luck.

psp fan
November 9th, 2006, 16:39
ya i kind tryed to upgrade to 2.71 seb and well the installer only goes up to 63 percent and stops so if i cant get to se-a then how will i get to b? i need help!

splodger15
November 9th, 2006, 17:23
Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling

psp fan
November 10th, 2006, 10:44
yes and the same thing happens it gets to 63% and stops