PDA

View Full Version : need help.. screwed up custom firmware..

macrich01
November 8th, 2006, 21:07
ok i got a 1.5 pdp with devhook, the version im not sure of, so i booted to 2.71 to play some games, anyhow i was messing with system settings then i changed the language in 2.71 to korean and the system froze for a good while, i tried turning it off i held the swtich down for at least liek 30 secs and no reaction so i took out the battery :( when i put it back in i can still boot to 1.5 and use homebrew and what not but when i try to load up 2.71 the scea thing comes up it says playstation portable i can see the menu but right after that the screen turns all black and i gotta take out the battery again, any suggestions?

Shrygue
November 8th, 2006, 21:15
Maybe you should use the Windows Check Disk utility and check for file errors on your memory stick. To see if there are problems on it, open the command prompt and type CHKDSK X: (where X is the letter of your memory stick). If it reports you have problems then type CHKDSK /F and it will correct them. I did that whenever I hit a problem emulating 2.71 with Device Hook and it work for me a lot of the time.

splodger15
November 8th, 2006, 21:54
Or try reinstalling devhook

macrich01
November 8th, 2006, 23:16
thx guys, i will try all that when i get home from work, it does seem something maybe wrong with my mem stick because when im in 1.5 and go to my mem stick a corrupt file shows up tha was never there b4, my buddy has the same setup as me so ima try using his mem stick first and see if his will work if all else fails ill upgrade back to 2.71 somehow and try to use that downdater again, so far ive downgraded 4 times on different occasions and theyve all worked so hopefully it work again and clear up my problem.

macrich01
November 8th, 2006, 23:29
a quick question, dev hook is just installed on the mem stick right, so if i would only have to reinstall the files on the mem card or would i have to install somwthing again on the psp

NoQuarter
November 8th, 2006, 23:32
Reinstalling the 2.71 firmware files should fix your problem.