PDA

View Full Version : what to do with my psp?

nemoseiya
November 9th, 2006, 04:10
I currently have firmware 1.5 and I think Im not enjoying my psp's abilities to the most. I have some emu's on my psp and all that but I wanna know if theres other stuff out there that can make my psp even more enjoyable, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

tuta
November 9th, 2006, 04:49
Get a custom firmware there are 3 good ones
-Dark_alex POC
-HarleyG CFW
-2.71se

dark_alex POC and harleyG is about the same just harley G has more mods to it while 2.71se is a hybrid of 1.5 and 2.71 which means a 2.71 that can play homebrews.

belialone
November 9th, 2006, 11:15
i think he wants to know what other homebrews exists other than emus. im using the follwing programs and there are many more to find on the web just search for "psp homebrew" on google.

devhook = dont have to explain what it does
bookr = its a good pdf and text file reader
scummvm = play old lucasarts adventures and some other dos games on psp
pep viewer 0.7 = is picture viewer with mp3 support its good for watching mangas,comics with music

history
white psp 2.6 => 2.71 => 1.5 => 100% happy:D
1x 1GB memstick
1x 2GB memstick
THUG2 Remix,Smackdown vs Raw 2006

NoQuarter
November 9th, 2006, 11:23
Bookr just rox,I read 1984 for the first time on it on the way to New Mexico last year.
Hey I think that was around the time I joined DCemu :)

mahfood1990
November 9th, 2006, 13:52
what you can do with your psp is unlimited

having a firmware of 1.50 is the best

having emulators is one of the best things in the PSP

but there is more enjoyable things that you don't know

1.Music and Videos:
You can play music and videos on your PSP but on a 1.50 Firmware you can't play many types of music and video but using devhook can help ignore this.

2.DevHook:
this is a program for your psp that can make you emulate any firmware from 2.00 to 2.71 to enjoy more music and video playability, wirless internet exploring, and more games compitability.

3.Hombrew Games:
there are many games that can be downloade to PSP but they are not enjoyable as ISOs.

4.Emulators:
You said that you already have some so no need to explain.

If you need more help mail me
[email protected]

blackrave
November 9th, 2006, 14:05
I would recommend upgrading to 2.71 SE-B'', modding it with X-Flash or some other flashing application to make it cooler. I think PSPRadio is a great application, also Links2 (web browser), it's faster than the integrated, it seems.

But it depends a little, is it homebrew games and apps you're after? If so, you can download mesosade's newbie pack for some good stuff and Acidburn05's pack for a bunch of emulators.

Can a moderator edit mahfood1990's comment? I'm talking about the whole DevHook part, which isn't allowed talking about here.

mahfood1990
November 9th, 2006, 20:45
sorry guyz but i didn't know that what i talked about is not allowed here.

nemoseiya
November 10th, 2006, 00:06
wow thanks, to all of you, I think I'll try 2.71 SE-B and modd my psp. One question though, does anyone know if theres a gameboy colour emu that supports adhoc mode? cause that would really rock!!

andrew24
November 10th, 2006, 00:23
well you can alwase slam some penutbutter and jelly on it and have a pbpsp&j sandwhich. Welcome to the boards!
________
silversurfer reviews (http://vaporizers.net/silver-surfer-vaporizer)

tuta
November 10th, 2006, 00:27
LOL andrew24 u like postin crap comments and ur sigs way off limits eh

nemoseiya there aint one yet and never be one unless the homer's rin gets updated but it has a bug that hasnt been fixed yet so patience will do ya good.If not wrong theres a workin cps2 and mvspsp adhoc support I think

andrew24
November 10th, 2006, 00:32
why is my sig off limits?
________
BMW R60/2 history (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_R60/2)

JKKDARK
November 10th, 2006, 00:40
it's so big. also, you need to remove some bars, the limit is 25k

andrew24
November 10th, 2006, 01:14
o
________
vaporite solo (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/vaporite-solo)

splodger15
November 10th, 2006, 12:53
Just keep the sig bars but get rid of this

UnderOath

1.5 User

Games-

GTA LCS
FIELD COMMANDER
NBA
NBA LIVE 2006
NHL
MLB 06 THE SHOW