PDA

View Full Version : GBA Movie Player help!

sporefrog
November 9th, 2006, 23:31
I recently got a GBA MP for my DS light. I'm using CF. Everything worked flawlessly for about two week (I ran many NES/SNES roms, music, video, DS organize, and many other homebrew apps) then suddenly it stopped recognizing the GBA MP. I boot up the ds, hit start 'gba game' from the options, and instead of loading up the GBA MP screen, it goes blank. I've tried deleting all the files on my CF card, but nothign seems to work. Any ideas?

Junixx
November 10th, 2006, 04:15
Hm...just remember that sometimes after a while it won't boot up all the time, sometime it take me up to like....10 times to get it to start, if that doesnt work, try putting the original firmware back on and then the hacked firmware again

Jeremysr
November 10th, 2006, 05:27
Yeah often it just had a black screen and I had to remove the GBAMP and put it back in and restart, eventually it'd work. One time I used chism's NDS MP program and instead of doing it normally I pressed the repair option and my GBAMP permanently didn't work and gave a black screen, but returned to normal after I put a firmware file and updated it.

sporefrog
November 10th, 2006, 20:23
How do I run firmware on it if it won't load up? >.< And should I be trying it with my superkey in? Also, any links to the firmware would be appreciated, I lost all my bookmarks.

Jeremysr
November 10th, 2006, 20:54
Update e20 seems to not be on movieadvance.com anymore, but I have it on my computer so I'll attach it to this post.

And you can update it when there's a black screen because it checks if there's an update file before anything else or something.

Junixx
November 10th, 2006, 22:09
With any luck, the GBAMP will automatically detect the firmware upgrade on your CF and then restore the original firmware

sporefrog
November 11th, 2006, 00:52
Sweet, it found it and proceeded to work. Thanks guys. Should I redownload the hacked firmware, or...?

kcajblue
November 11th, 2006, 04:24
yeah. try reinstalling the hacked firmware.