PDA

View Full Version : Got my first PSP, but have an outlet problem/question.

IronX
November 10th, 2006, 14:04
I just recieved my PSP (yay!), but I got 2 different powercords and both of them isn't of the type we use here in Sweden. I was wondering if I can buy a powercord here in Sweden to use with this PSP?. Do all PSPs have the same voltage usage and stuff?

Here is the one I got.. japanese version apparently:

http://ttbb.biz/PSP/psp1000.jpg

Hmm, think I remember seeing a usb charger. hmm. will chech my gaming store..

dejkirkby
November 10th, 2006, 14:17
Could yoou not just buy an adaptor that fits into the electric sockets and can take the japanese plug?
They only cost a few quid here in britain.

mikebeaver
November 10th, 2006, 14:40
all psp's run on 100-240v power packs, so you can use them world wide.All you need to do is convert the wall plug by means of an adaptor, same way we brits do when travelling europe.

IronX
November 10th, 2006, 15:10
Just bought myself a little "starters" package with lots of stuff, among them a usb charger.. so problem solved :).

bah
November 10th, 2006, 15:50
The power brick unit is universal voltage and the cable that goes to your wall socket has a standard plug (on the power brick end) that is used by many electronic devices.

You can just use a cable from an old stereo or something that has a local wall plug and this type of standard plug on the other end.
No need to purchase a new power brick or wall plug adapter and dont need a PC nearby to charge.