PDA

View Full Version : UAE4ALL Update!

chui
September 22nd, 2004, 22:40
Today:

- Amiga500 with 1MB RAM.
- Frameskip1 (very close to real speed).
- Preliminar Menu System like DCaSTaway.
- Filemanager (load and reload floppy images).
- Sound (not crystal and slow a bit).

TODO:

- Virtual Keyboard.
- Speed up.
- Complete Menus.
- Crystal sound.

Toast this 1st_read.bin and kick.rom to root cdrom and a lot of your games (ADF floppy images).

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/uae4all.shtml

Let's rock!

Mekanaizer
September 22nd, 2004, 22:58
Hi chui

;) once more

-Mekanaizer-

wraggster
September 23rd, 2004, 01:01
thanks for another great release :)

pang1978
September 23rd, 2004, 02:48
great work!

thks chui :)

thebear99
September 23rd, 2004, 04:36
The preview release worked great, but now with this emu, when I go to select the image, it subsequently hangs on a black screen.
The same thing is happening to me presently with DCaSTaway.
Any ideas why?
Tom

M@jk
September 23rd, 2004, 04:49
ok i just tested:
Please add the multidisk/more floppy support, cause there are few 1-disk games to test.
The sound is in VERY early stage, it slows. Also the controlling of joystick is wrong (the direction up and right)
Games tested:
Giana Sisters - error GURU MEDITATION <lol>
PP Hammer- working with sound, bad controls
Ruff N Tumble - it runs! but in main game theres a black screen, music&sound is playing, but nothing to see
Motor Head - works with sound, bad controls
North & South - full working title with sound

chui
September 23rd, 2004, 04:52
umm... Do you have 'kick.rom' at root cd? Are you sure?

I test it with kick 1.3.

xdaniel_FWB
September 23rd, 2004, 06:02
hi there! I've just registered here, mainly because of UAE4ALL. Great work you've done there! i would have never imagined to ever see Amiga software running on the DC... Well, here some of my test results with the latest version:

General issues: inserting another disk image forces reset, so no "on-the-fly" switching possible. Right mouse button not emulated? Emulator menu stays (partially) on screen after exiting when screen is not redrawn by running software (well, something like that)
--
Workbench 1.3.2: works, weird mouse problem: goes to middle of screen but not further to the right, same with up-down. Can't test WBs programs because of this...
PP Hammer (cracked): can't skip crack intro, dunno what happens after that (too slow and don't want to wait)
Katakis: works, sound as well. statusbar is off screen, joystick problem (pressing right does down-right, pressing left does up-left)
Traps'n'treasures (2 disks): starts, has sound - even the "Starbyte Software presents..." voice sample plays -, screen position goes slightly wrong, unable to test further than title because of missing on-the-fly disk switching

cu

BaldMonk
September 23rd, 2004, 06:04
Hiya Chui, great job on the emu.. I'm loving it soooooo much. I can't beleive you lot were able to do this. Thank you so much. It's a pity you don't check www.dcemulaion.com, as I posted a couple of problems over there that the emu has that you may not be aware of... I'll just copy and paste for you :)

1) The emu will load a black screen if you have 2 controllers plugged in. I have my keyboard up in the cupboard, so I havn't tested that yet.. perhaps that cancels this error, but at the moment it causes the emu to hang on a black screen when you have 2 controllers in. I wasted 10 CDs before I found out.. haha.

2) The controller isn't right. Pushing left = diagonal up/left and pushing right = diagonal down/right. Also, the mouse would only move up and down while in game, and very slowly. Sometimes the X button on the controller acts the same as pushing left. Oh, and any chance of changing the buttons so that A + B are the joystick buttons and X + Y are the two mouse buttons? For games like Walker and stuff ;)

3) Now, these are things that would be great to have implemented....
multi drives. If possible, up to 4 perhaps? Folders for the games... or is that already possible? A menu that will be in the same place when you go back to it... just so you don't have to scroll when you change disks. The ability to change disks.

I love this emu so much.. even in it's current stage... It's so great. I especially love the fact that you've kept the drive lights down at the bottom... it helps us know if a game has stalled or anything... this is truely amazing... I was bummed before because I thought with the ST emu I'd never be able to play It Came From the Desert, but now I can!!!! Thank you sooooo much. I recommend everyone download this 2nd release and give it a go... it'll bring a tear to your eye ;)

qatmix
September 23rd, 2004, 07:50
Putting the games in folders will not work. It cannot find disks in folders at the moment. DCCastaway has the same problem

BaldMonk
September 23rd, 2004, 08:29
Cheers for the info Qatmix... saved me a CD :)

Zaphod_Beeblebrox
September 23rd, 2004, 08:54
My first post here ever, although i've been following the scene quite a while now. I'm simply amazed. Can't believe it. With the Atari St and Amiga Emus, you've done the impossible, thank you. Man, there has been hardly any week, that i didn't visit this site and thought: Those DC-guys have to be magicians. And please, please, keep up the good work, if this thing ever gets close to full speed with good file management (multidisk support), good combability and more or less decent sound (yea, i know, these are a lot of wishes, sigh), i want you to marry me, chui. can't wait for the next releases.
anyway: thanks

M@jk
September 23rd, 2004, 11:11
PP Hammer (cracked): can't skip crack intro, dunno what happens after that (too slow and don't want to wait)

Try use the keyboard (i dont remember what i pressed, but it works)

Hawq
September 23rd, 2004, 13:06
Giana Sisters - error GURU MEDITATION Oddly seeing that from my DC would make me very happy as I recalled the old days, is that wierd?

Ian_micheal
September 23rd, 2004, 15:16
Amazing really on a 200mhz pc it runs no were near this speed. Very intresting great work.

wraggster
September 23rd, 2004, 15:27
tell you what 2004 is the year history was made

amiga, atarist, n64,gba,neogeocd

what a year

M@jk
September 23rd, 2004, 15:27
Oddly seeing that from my DC would make me very happy as I recalled the old days, is that wierd?

I guess, this cause by the version of kickstart. I remember that when i load games on REAL Amiga, diffrent kickstart (1.3, 2.0) was a variant effects. It would be great to implement the option to choose in emu correct kick start (before starting the game)

BaldMonk
September 23rd, 2004, 15:47
Yup, it's been an amazing year for the DC scene... the un-thinkable has been achieved on almost all fronts... even Saturn is underway...

Yeah, a kickstart selecter would be a GREAT idea...

Ian_micheal
September 26th, 2004, 03:22
Yeah best year for the dreamcast for emulation has been this year and it's not over yet. Put SFC was this year to and spectum emu as well many more.

Biggest year for emulation so-far.

ron
September 26th, 2004, 04:26
I guess, this cause by the version of kickstart. I remember that when i load games on REAL Amiga, diffrent kickstart (1.3, 2.0) was a variant effects. It would be great to implement the option to choose in emu correct kick start (before starting the game)

Yeah, I'm trying other kickstarts, so most complatible at the moment is ver 1.3. With 2.0 i was able with the new compilation to launch it, but we still need more time . Another thing is using the M68K cores in SH4 Assembler. It' could provide amost 20% more in 68K cpu performance, and may solve a lot of problems with the speed of the Amiga,. It's not just like the ATARI, else Paula, Gary, Denisse and Alice are co-processors and some games uses a deep dependence about them. Let's see what we can do. Cheers, and thx to all of you for your good testing work