PDA

View Full Version : run 2.71se on 1.5 using devhook?

thefanaticgamer
November 10th, 2006, 20:33
i was bored and fighting with my freind over whether or not to upgrade to 2.71se from my 1.5 then i had an idea!!! i was trying to instal 2.71se on devhook but i couldnt figure out how.... does anyone have any comment on how to or if this is even possible.... i really want 2.71se but i dont want to do all that writing to the flash to get there . thats why i think just using devhook would be a fun idea:)

jak66
November 10th, 2006, 20:40
not possible, unless you or your friend is a good mate of dark alex and can get him to mod devhook so it will work

thefanaticgamer
November 10th, 2006, 20:42
so you are sure that it is completely not possible?

jak66
November 10th, 2006, 20:46
positive, many people have tried, and have deduced that the problem lies within the bootstrap, devhook would have to be modded to know what to do to emulate 2.71 SE

kando
November 10th, 2006, 20:47
positive, many people have tried, and have deduced that the problem lies within the bootstrap, devhook would have to be modded to know what to do to emulate 2.71 SE

that is correct. :)

jak66
November 10th, 2006, 20:53
that is correct. :)

amazing, what i said was a total guess (but with a bit of knowledge behind it)

thefanaticgamer
November 10th, 2006, 21:19
well thanks for the feedback everyone....
one last thing..... would installing 2.71 se screw up possible futur updates? since it changes the flas0

jak66
November 10th, 2006, 21:23
well, you cant update normally, if thats what you mean, but if you wanted to update to a higher firmware, or degrade to a lower firmware, then you can via recovery mode

MikeDX
November 10th, 2006, 21:28
Just install 2.71SE, set your hyomebrew to GAME instead of GAME271, and off you go.

You'll never look back.

jak66
November 10th, 2006, 21:36
You may think that Mike (as your sig is proof, 4 PSPs with SE installed), and i think it rules, but some people absolutly hate it (and some are scared to flash their PSP after their hard work of getting it to 1.5)

OT: I notice your modchip PSP is now spare parts...is it really that difficult to install (really stupid question that was, of course it is) or did you have an accident while trying to install it?

MikeDX
November 10th, 2006, 21:39
I was a complete 1.5 Evangelist until 2.71SE came out. There is nothing that would make me go back to 1.5 now - 2.71SE can run anything 1.5 can, except you no longer need to use kxploited eboots, so no corrupted icons. It can run alll games up to 2.71 and most 2.8+ umds.

To answer your other question, the iron I was using was using wasnt good enough or a fine enough tip so I've kinds abandoned the project until I get a finer tip and a better heat controlled soldering iron - at which point I'll repair the tracks and fix the board.

jak66
November 10th, 2006, 21:48
There is nothing that would make me go back to 1.5 now

Yep same here, it really is the best

2.71SE can run anything 1.5 can

Yeah, but its annoying when you see people (who havent even tried it) dissing the firmware, 'cause it only has 99.9% compatability and even then you have to fix some of the eboots', makes you wanna shout at the monitor 'SO WHAT, ARE YOU REALLY SO LAZY THAT YOU CANT BE BOTHERED TO WASTE 5 SECONDS OF YOUR LIFE CHANGING A PARAM'

sigh, anyway, good luck thefanaticgamer if you attemp to upgrade to 2.71 SE, else, never mind, its not me missing out

Accordion
November 10th, 2006, 21:49
for me, the SE-B" is almost perfect...it is missing the ability of being able to use a config file and additional prxs in the SYSTEM folder, as done in the 1.50 customs.

it is however the only problem, and im sure it is being worked on [i hope]

MikeDX
November 10th, 2006, 21:58
never mind, its not me missing out

Yep totally agree, also I wont be supporting kxploited eboots any longer with any future releases by me. Ok I know that's just a drop in the ocean.. move on people, trust in dark alex - uprgrading to 2.71SE is no less risky than using an official sony update. In fact it's probably safer!

gamerremag
November 11th, 2006, 03:19
sorry guys, i dont believe that 2.71 SE is the best firmware.... i think its harleyg's. how can you beat it?

thefanaticgamer
November 11th, 2006, 04:05
Hazzah!!! i now have 2.71 se B" thanks everyone.... your right this is much better.... i can now do stuff with the flash and if i screw it up.... i can use the recovery thing to fix it ...YES