PDA

View Full Version : Media Center PC --> PSP

Video_freak
November 11th, 2006, 00:41
I'm getting a media PC soon with Windows XP Media Center Edition (2005), and I was thinking about something that I think would be really cool. I don't know if it's possible, but it would be really sick to be able to stream videos and stuff from my media center pc to my PSP through my WiFi connection. Now I know I'm just dreaming and it's probably never going to happen, but still, would be cool... :)

blackrave
November 11th, 2006, 02:14
Yep, this is possible, even for any PC. One great app is called Pimpware and can be found at Pimpware.org (http://pimpware.pspstart.de/). Hope you get it working.

It can stream both sound and video, both MP3's and RSS subscriptions. It transcodes videos to the PSP's format realtime.

gamerremag
November 11th, 2006, 03:13
cant you just do it from ir shell? i thought that had wifi data transfer. you just have to name your connection AD_HOC something something or something.

Video_freak
November 11th, 2006, 04:31
I know iR Shell does it, but Media Center must be so much more reliable. Thanks blackrave for the link. :)

mnuhaily22
November 11th, 2006, 07:09
I know how to get only Music runnin through and it is from this link (http://skattertech.com/2006/04/stream-itunes-library-to-psp/), it uses RSS so you need either devhook, or any firmware 2.60 or above, and it works at any operating system.

mavsman4457
November 11th, 2006, 17:36
I don't think there is anything exclusive for the Media Center that you can get, just the normal psp homebrew like pimpstreamer.

kfish2oo2
November 11th, 2006, 22:02
For the life of me I simply cannot get pimpstreamer working. Does anyone have a good guide out there or anything?

potatoman
November 12th, 2006, 20:44
google is your friend, i havent a clue... anyways, try streaming live tv with tvu player and vlc and a certain hombrew program... pimp vlc or somthin, i dunno, google it, anyways, its great u can watch comedy central, fox, the lot! btw its free :D