PDA

View Full Version : OK, I'm gonna "update" to 2.71 SE (HELP)

Mr. Shizzy
November 12th, 2006, 06:56
Ok, I'm finally convinced to update to 2.71 SE. Do I need to update to 2.71 SE-A first? What is the correct way to do this folks?

kando
November 12th, 2006, 07:13
check ur pm i got everything ya need there :)

the_eternal_dark
November 12th, 2006, 07:47
Let us know how you do shizzy.

Mr. Shizzy
November 12th, 2006, 08:30
OK I updated to 2.71 SE-A. What next? Can I update to 2.71-SE-b2, and then SE-B3? Also, where can I find an installer for SE-b3?

Mr. Shizzy
November 12th, 2006, 08:42
OK. Just updated to 2.71-SEB. Now where is the installer for SE-B"? I'm almost there guys. :D :D

Mr. Shizzy
November 12th, 2006, 08:57
OK. I found the SE-B" update. ONLY problem now is I didn't install the devhook w/ the auto installer. Is it to late to put it on somehow? PLZ HELP!!! lol thanks guys

Mr. Shizzy
November 12th, 2006, 09:38
Ok. I got 2.71 SE-B" and DevHook on now. I'm still not sure what all these game folders mean??? Why can't I just put all my 1.50 homebrew & 2.71 demos in one folder??? Why would I even need DevHook with this thing anyway? What's up with the wifi fix? Should I use that? I feel like a n00b all over again. lol. This 2.71 SE-B" seems cool, but I'm more than a little confused right now. Could someone plz point me to the appropriate f.a.q.? Thanks in advance. :D

M!ckeY
November 12th, 2006, 10:25
You don't need devhook anymore Mr.Shizzy, just get rid of it. :) If you want all your games in the same folder you need to go into recovery mode and then configurator and switch the game folder to the 1.50 kernel.

Mr. Shizzy
November 12th, 2006, 10:48
Well, on second thought, I may want to keep Devhook to test themes on. ( I wouldn't want to risk flashig my precious 2SE-B" too much) Also, I switched it to 1.50kernal in config. Now which folder do I put my homebrew in now? Does it have to be non kxploited? What's up with this whole IRShell/SE difficulty all about? Besides flashing apps, are there any other homebrews I should plan on not working? Sorry for the million questions. I'm just anxious to get my beloved PSP back in working order. Thanks M!ckeY and kando, for all the help. :D

EDIT: this can auto boot stuff? So I assume c intro works with this? Also, Is it ok to run it in "No UMD mode" with a umd in it? (just in case I wanna take the UMD out some time)??? How do I load all these mp3 , and overclocking mods??? Thanks again for all the help.

jak66
November 12th, 2006, 13:16
Well, on second thought, I may want to keep Devhook to test themes on. ( I wouldn't want to risk flashig my precious 2SE-B" too much) Also, I switched it to 1.50kernal in config. Now which folder do I put my homebrew in now? Does it have to be non kxploited? What's up with this whole IRShell/SE difficulty all about? Besides flashing apps, are there any other homebrews I should plan on not working? Sorry for the million questions. I'm just anxious to get my beloved PSP back in working order. Thanks M!ckeY and kando, for all the help. :D

EDIT: this can auto boot stuff? So I assume c intro works with this? Also, Is it ok to run it in "No UMD mode" with a umd in it? (just in case I wanna take the UMD out some time)??? How do I load all these mp3 , and overclocking mods??? Thanks again for all the help.

wow, all the questions, heres the answers to most of them, hope it helps
1) if you switched it 1.50 Kernal, all your 1.50 homebrew goes in the GAME folder and 2.XX homebrew goes in the GAME271 folder
2) 1.5 homebrew - Can be kxploited or unkxploited,doesnt matter
2.71 homebrew - Has to be UNkxploited, wont work if its been kxploited
3) The iRShell's param makes the eboot show as corupt, there is a param fixed out (made by coldbird) and there are 2 threads in the PSP Hombrew and Emulation section that provide a fixed iR Shell. When version 3.0 gets released (the real final iR Shell thats been released to betas as 2.2SEXX) there will be 2 versions of iR Shell, 1.5 and 2.71/2.71 SE, both should work on 2.71 SE placed in their respective GAME folders
4) If you do want to flash you PSP, art released X-Flash v16d a few days ago (v16 supported 2.71 SE), but other than flashing apps, the only homebrew that i know not to work are ISO loaders
5) It can autoboot the eboot in PSP/GAME/BOOT folder yes, but its automatic, and yes Cintro works (its what ive set as my autoboot :p )
6) Yes....Why wouldn't it be???
7) The additional prxs you are talking about get writen to whats left of your PSPs flash and get loaded in the PSP txt files (like the ones in devhook), so are autoloaded whenever you turn your PSP on/Start a UMD

Mr. Shizzy
November 12th, 2006, 16:24
Thanks jak66. The two folders I got are:
1)GAME
2)game150

Also, is that overclocking mod dependable? Do internet browser still work @ 333 with 2.71 SE-B" ?
Thanks for all the help. :)

MikeDX
November 12th, 2006, 16:28
Mr Shizzy, I've got Tapper running ;)

Mr. Shizzy
November 12th, 2006, 16:44
Yessssssssssssssss!!!! :d

Mr. Shizzy
November 12th, 2006, 19:49
Can I just put all the fw stuff from my old DevHook firmwares in the "dh" folder, or do they need to be altered? Thanks in advance for the info. Also I had the Loco Roco Haloween demo fixed to work on my 2.71 DH firmware,when I was on 1.5. Now I can't get it to work. Someone PLEASE help.

M!ckeY
November 12th, 2006, 20:46
Yes, you can have all the old files from your devhook in the dh folder. :)

Mr. Shizzy
November 12th, 2006, 21:01
Cool thanks. I put the loco roco demo in the "GAME271" folder & now it works. :D

the_eternal_dark
November 14th, 2006, 18:50
Thanks jak66. The two folders I got are:
1)GAME
2)game150

Also, is that overclocking mod dependable? Do internet browser still work @ 333 with 2.71 SE-B" ?
Thanks for all the help. :)

The overclock mod is not totally reliable, it can mess with some of the game compatability, but thats about it. It works at 333mhz while online as well.

Tetris999
November 15th, 2006, 00:36
How does 333mhrz work online ive tried it (probably theres a trick to it though)

scarph
November 15th, 2006, 01:04
uh its the easiest thing to install
god
just install it its not scary