PDA

View Full Version : Yet another DCaSTaway release!

DCEmu_Newsposter
January 1st, 1970, 01:00
Yet another DCaSTaway release! [br] [br]New Features: [br]- Preliminar Main Menu. [br]- Filemanager (Start button) [br]- Virtual Keyboard (L-R Triggers for enter/leave) [br]- New 16-bit Blitter (speed around 100%) [br] [br] [br]TODO: [br]- Sound. [br]- Complete Main Menu. [br]- Hsync retrace control (+games supported). [br]- MSA image disks (now only IMG/ST works). [br]- ZIP support. [br] [br] [br]For correct run this emulator need at cdrom root this files: [br]'ROM' : TOS (ST bios) image file. [br]'DISKB' : a image disk for B: (i will fix it). [br] [br] [br]Download and new Screensts at Spanish Forum: [br]here (http://www.talfi.net/e107/forum_viewtopic.php?48.6713)[br]

[Modified 09/17/04 04:05:44 by DCEmu_Newsposter]

M@jk
September 17th, 2004, 05:16
I`ve just tested new version alpha 0.22 and it works great! new file manager RULEZ!, you can load any disk-image you want. I try Another World it run about 90% speed. Wow. Great

Btw. Virtual Keyboard looks fine.

Darksaviour69
September 17th, 2004, 06:25
pic of new version

Eric
September 17th, 2004, 08:50
hey it looks wicked btw i just checked at there forums at tafi and i dont speak Spanish but i seen a pic for DChakker so does that mean this emu is compatible with it

Thanks

Eric

ron
September 17th, 2004, 12:00
Dear Eric. You can execute the emulator from DCHACKER or DEMOMENU as well . It's perfectly runnable. What do u mean with your post ?. If you want tell me what's what you need.
See ya

ron
September 17th, 2004, 12:03
I`ve just tested new version alpha 0.22 and it works great! new file manager RULEZ!, you can load any disk-image you want. I try Another World it run about 90% speed. Wow. Great

Btw. Virtual Keyboard looks fine.

Thx, YOU ARE RIGHT. Some games will not perform 100 % of real speed due to some inconveniences with this early alpha version.
But is quite enough undetstandable, tell us in the compatibility list what games or prgs were you able to run. Best Regards. RON

Eric
September 18th, 2004, 08:41
I dont know what you mean Ron i wasnt trying to be offensive but i need lots of help with this emu as i couldn't get the thing to work and dont know how to set it up

tinku
September 18th, 2004, 10:40
Eric: my 7 year old son just set this up and is playing with it, how can you possibly have a problem setting this up, you need a system rom and a disk image for christs sake.... can you honestly read ??

your grammar also suxx for an english native speaker

tinku ;D

Ian_micheal
September 19th, 2004, 07:32
Pretty cool Have you tryed to convert it over to the c68k cpu core yet you will gain proper fullspeed then. It's faster then the curret core your using. Your going to need %15 more speed to add sound in.

Eric
September 19th, 2004, 07:38
tinku dont go there with my grammer cause everybody else already knows and i dont want to there with you aswell. Its quite obvious i dont have most of the things for this emu to get it to work so i might be doing something wrong.

quzar
September 19th, 2004, 08:13
Pretty cool Have you tryed to convert it over to the c68k cpu core yet you will gain proper fullspeed then. It's faster then the curret core your using. Your going to need %15 more speed to add sound in.

actually they'll get a LOT more speed out of it than the 15% needed. The core they are currently using is slower than the mame core too.

M@jk
September 19th, 2004, 08:58
Thx, YOU ARE RIGHT. Some games will not perform 100 % of real speed due to some inconveniences with this early alpha version.
But is quite enough undetstandable, tell us in the compatibility list what games or prgs were you able to run. Best Regards. RON

ok sure. (unfortunately my PC cannot run Chankast and i must get some blank cd`s to burn on them disk images to test)

btw. i hope the next version will have more stability (the emu can often freeze, after run any disk image)

Oh, and one more thing; what about the games on multi disk (2 or more) how to change the disk without reseting?

ron
September 19th, 2004, 12:53
Sure, we had changed the original castway openM68K for a new version of this one from the cvs. At first instance looks better, so that's a very important thing. The sound. Now we got some sound but it's still buggie, and it cuts while running. The blitter is re-written for 16 Bit in 320*240 video mode, we're still trying to solve the gradients in 8 bit.

Using a new core. Definetely Yes. So, we have heard that there is one written in ASM for SH4, IF that's right, a lot of emulators may came to the DC.
Speed Increase... well, it's nice but we need help.
And everybody are welcome to this project. Thx.

ron
September 19th, 2004, 12:55

Yes and the sound cuts are becouse this, the implementation of the audio needs more cpu accuracy and should be OK if you give us a hand with help. Thx. Always appreciated.