PDA

View Full Version : PSP Broken?, you need it Repaired?

S34MU5
November 12th, 2006, 17:42
Is your PSP broken or damaged in anyway (well most)
Then I can fix it!
I have stripped PSP and repaired many things, like broken wifi cards to broken screens,
I can even fit you with a new coloured faceplate for cheap!:D

I pretty much anything except a new mobo, well i can but it will cost quite a bit.

Just post your problem here or PM me and I'll quote you a price.:)

S34MU5

delirumhappy
November 14th, 2006, 03:48
Hey, my PSP screw on the back, right under the battery.

*the upper left hand screw*

IS STRIPPED !!!!

Do u know how to fix it?

Thx

nightcrawler420
November 14th, 2006, 04:23
Hey, my PSP screw on the back, right under the battery.

*the upper left hand screw*

IS STRIPPED !!!!

Do u know how to fix it?

Thx
Try to file a groove in it and use a Flathead.
Or there is this method which requires you to throw away your screwdriver at the end but hell you got the screw out right OK now take a screwdriver put some epoxy on it not too much though the object is to epoxy the screwdriver to the screw not the psp hold it tightly in place until dry then unscrew.

kando
November 14th, 2006, 05:49
s34mus, do u have any spare replacement analog stick parts (the whole piece w/ the 4 leads) or extra screws...i also need extra buttons if u have...quote me a price in a PM =)

S34MU5
November 14th, 2006, 14:44
Yeh i have all that

delirumhappy
November 15th, 2006, 00:26
Try to file a groove in it and use a Flathead.
Or there is this method which requires you to throw away your screwdriver at the end but hell you got the screw out right OK now take a screwdriver put some epoxy on it not too much though the object is to epoxy the screwdriver to the screw not the psp hold it tightly in place until dry then unscrew.

I'll google all this stuff later but....

what size flathead should i use?

what is epoxy?

sry for being n00bish but hey, i'll look up at google if your answer doesn't help!

EDIT: What do i do after i grooved the screw with the flathead?

S34MU5
November 16th, 2006, 15:40
Anyone else stuck for Repairs coz I'll do it for you.
Anything except new mobo.

mavsman4457
November 16th, 2006, 21:28
I can do screen repairs but I am in the USA so if you need someone to do it for a little bit cheaper than Seamus then I can do it for you. Just kidding, I would kill someone if they did that to me. I seriously can do screen repairs but I don't trust myself to take someone else's PSP and do it. Anyways, when I have trouble getting the screws out of the PSP, I go to a jeweler. I got so angry about it for a while thinking that I wasted my money on this PSP and now I can't fix the screen but then I just went to a jeweler and they got it out lickity split.

Edit: Seamus, I was wondering how difficult it would be to repair a PSP that does not power on. What would you charge for it and what would you charge if I just wanted a guide for it? Do you think I could do it well if I can replace a PSP screen? PM me the answers, please.

delirumhappy
November 17th, 2006, 04:14
could u help me with my problem?

mavsman4457
November 17th, 2006, 07:50
Have you tried going to a jeweler to get them to remove the screw?

S34MU5
November 17th, 2006, 12:47
mavsman4457

sent you a PM

rmedtx
November 17th, 2006, 14:55
Guys,

Can a bricked PSP be fixed?

splodger15
November 17th, 2006, 18:29
Either if you have the modchip or a spare mobo

S34MU5
November 17th, 2006, 19:06
It can be if its not a ta-082
You can talk to MikeDX about that.

delirumhappy
November 18th, 2006, 04:33
they do electronics?

S34MU5
November 18th, 2006, 11:32
Does Who do electronics.
MikeDX is a person....

floodyboy
November 23rd, 2006, 07:59
hey my screen is cracked could you please fix it for me????

the_eternal_dark
November 26th, 2006, 02:50
Is there any other way to fix stuck pixels without changing lcds? Some are removed using the pixel fixer video, but not all.

It can be if its not a ta-082
You can talk to MikeDX about that.

I'm in the market for a few bricked TA-82's, actually, just sell'em to me.

S34MU5
December 11th, 2006, 16:30
Well I can replace your LCD for you if you want?

reptiles
December 18th, 2006, 17:43
Hi, my little brother was playing grand theft auto when i guess he pushed the analog stick to hard and its now messed up. You cant push it up but u can puch it to the side and down. But for some reason, The character is always runing upwards, even if i push the analog stick down. Its like somone hamered it into the psp and its stuck.

Do you have a way i can fix this?

S34MU5
December 18th, 2006, 21:22
i can send you a replacement analogue stick if you want? and tell you how to fit it etc etc.

zach5555
December 19th, 2006, 00:27
Hi i need a Analog Stick, with the little plastic piece with the four pins in it, it goes in between the analog stick and the mobo and connects the two. I attached a picture of what that looks like. Also if you could include the screws. Quote me a price.

acn010
December 19th, 2006, 00:33
thats good!
hey im also available ony in new york, if need repair and/or fix, im available, aim or msn me :)

zach5555
December 19th, 2006, 01:50
So you do have that part i need??? With Analog stick and screws???Email me at [email protected] just give me a price.

zach5555
December 19th, 2006, 20:47
I really need the little thing that goes in between the analog stick and the mobo, i attached a picture of it. So if anyone wants to sell one please tell me. My email is [email protected]

Hobobo
December 24th, 2006, 01:24
Hmmm... my Wifi doesn't work o.o

The wifi/ad hoc switch is like really loose too.

If you push it up it just falls back down.
Can you tell me if you can how to fix it.

gunntims0103
December 24th, 2006, 01:32
I think i have a broken UMD drive, i want to know how to fix it :(

lordmenace
December 27th, 2006, 07:21
MY psp can't use teh ac adapter at all. It just doesn't recognize it as being there. Anyway to get a new internal ac adapter connector or whatever?

S34MU5
December 29th, 2006, 04:40
i have a wifi card if you wana buy?

and i have that thing zach555

and gun i have a umd drive aswell

Hobobo
January 2nd, 2007, 10:05
Ehh... If I replace the WiFi card, would it make the switch less loose?

I can't send my PSP to you so I gotta do it myself =P

So like a guide would be nice :)

S34MU5
January 5th, 2007, 13:10
hmm, i could do it to mine first then send you a guide plus the wifi card.

it will make the switch less loose. althougth teh problem may be the switch is not alighned and just need pushing in,

Hobobo
January 5th, 2007, 22:16
Hmm... ok thanks =]

wolfpack
January 7th, 2007, 20:53
my psp has something internally wrong with it. The wifi is broken. (i dont care about that part) But the thing that pisses me off the most is i think there is some kind of defective hardware in my psp. i got it a while back so i know i cant return it. But when i play, sometimes the game will flicker colors and freeze, or just sometimes freeze and shut off. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

S34MU5
January 8th, 2007, 00:02
i dont think its a problem with the screen,

probably a power source problem, the connections may be comming loose etc and thats what will cause the flickering.

you can get a new power board quite cheap, and its realtively easy to fit, if you want more details just say

wolfpack
January 8th, 2007, 02:18
yes please i want more details, because sometimes the game will work and sometimes it wont. i was earlier playing syphon filter dark mirror, the floor disapeared and the game froze, it was pretty awkward. but yea can you please maybe pm me info if you can, it would be nice.

penileartery
January 8th, 2007, 03:07
pm me and ill give u details..

The King
January 9th, 2007, 16:16
hey my psp broke

i had it in my bookbag and it was at the botom of all my text books
and a friend of mine et my book bag drop with my psp in it
all of my books slambed on top of my psp so tell me if u can help me and tell me the price i live in america

pm me as fast as u can im realy boarde in my classes and i use my psp when i do all my work

wolfpack
January 20th, 2007, 00:09
id still like details about the powerboard please...

Vublich
January 25th, 2007, 00:46
hi my wifi says an internal error 80410A0B when i try to connect my psp but it recognize when the switch is ON/OFF....
did you have any ideas on how to fix it (also in pm if you prefer)?
p.s. i'm from italy so the shipment is quite expensive...:p

S34MU5
January 25th, 2007, 14:43
wolfpack99997
Powerboards are quite cheap. PM me if you want me to fit it etc.
Vublich
Sounds like there is a problem with your wifi board.
You will need a new one

Vublich
January 26th, 2007, 00:25
did you know where can i get one from the internet (or whatever you want) and how can i change it?
thx

S34MU5
January 29th, 2007, 16:34
you can get spare psp parts for cheap of divineo.cn (affilate of DCEmu)

sirVimes
February 1st, 2007, 03:20
Is their any way to repair a bricked PSP??

brook
February 1st, 2007, 17:22
when playin games the man always runs round in a circle with out touching the analogue stick....any idead pls???

Zargon
February 9th, 2007, 18:49
One of my psp's has a broken disk drive. When I put a disk in, it makes a rhythmic humming, but never properly reads the disk. I can tell it is trying to read and the little white loading circle that shows up when your psp is busy shows. If I have a disk in when it starts up, it doesn't even load the icons on the xmb until I take the UMD out. I am willing to void the warranty on it and I live in the U.S. Any suggestions?
PS: Minor priority as I bought another PSP because of this problem, but still would be nice to have fixed.

douglemcnori
February 13th, 2007, 16:58
hi m8, i tried replacing the joystick and the screen and snapped a connector from the motherboard to the new screen, reckon you could help?

monkvash
February 26th, 2007, 08:24
um when i try 2 scan for access points i get a error saying "an internal error has occurred (80410A0b)"

what should i do?

davidwhat
March 10th, 2007, 12:09
My wi-fi wasn't working and the button was real loose ,so i opened the psp up and the bit that connects to the external switch fell out and i can't get it to go back in.Is there any way to replace the internal switch or solder the switch on permanently

jupchinbom
March 20th, 2007, 15:35
My PSP buttons have become loose and I want to make it normal again.
I read in somewhere that all I need to do is take out the faceplate and rearrange the buttons to their original positions.
But I'm afraid to do it unless I have pictures and instructions to guide me.Can someone help me?

Btw, I'm looking for a transparent faceplate. Is there any sites selling it?

Sonicboy 101
March 20th, 2007, 15:42
Sorry, I have a problem with my analogue stick.
When I start a game, say gta, the character just goes to the left without touching the stick. Any way to fix it?

Hobobo
April 3rd, 2007, 11:36
I recently got DJ Max portable 2, and after playing for a while I notcied my Directional buttons have like been pushed in.

You barely press it to well... press it.

Now my bro is pissed off =|

Any idea how to fix it?

Triv1um
April 3rd, 2007, 11:46
Take the faceplate off, give everything a clean in there.

It could improve it alittle, or you may need a new d-pad buttons in there.

harout
April 6th, 2007, 04:49
My wi-fi wasn't working and the button was real loose ,so i opened the psp up and the bit that connects to the external switch fell out and i can't get it to go back in.Is there any way to replace the internal switch or solder the switch on permanently

i have the same problem. anyone know how to fix it?

goofy515
April 23rd, 2007, 00:14
i was wondering if you have the clear piece that goes in between the ananlog circuit.

freshprince1992
June 10th, 2007, 12:36
can you tell me how to fix my psp's broken screen. Most of the screen comes up black.

S34MU5
June 10th, 2007, 13:15
this is a very old thread...

But I might post guides in it on how to fix everything.

SpikeyGit
September 18th, 2007, 11:49
Realise this thread has gone a bit dry, but anyone know where in the UK/online I can get a screwdriver small enough to undo the screws holding the psp together?

Need to replace the joystick and haven't been able to find a screwdriver small enough yet :(

cb4x21
October 20th, 2007, 18:53
I lost two screws...The one on the very bottom, and the one near the trigger, the screw thats one the same side as the memory card...what size are those two screws so i can get a replacement?

Thewarstarts
April 20th, 2008, 20:37
Hey, I have a serious problem with my PSP. Yesterday i was trying to connect to the internet but my WLAN was switched on.. So i thought i'd Reset the PSP to it's default settings which i did. But whilst it was reseting it Froze... So i turned it off cause there was no other way to start it again... But now my PSP Won't start at All! I even recharged the battery And it still won't start... Please Help, It's a serious problem

Scudreloaded
February 13th, 2009, 02:31
Ok
I have a problem and it has been bothering me quite a while.
My analog stick was mad messed up, so i bought a replacement one off of ebay and replaced it.
it worked for about 20 minuts and then it started moving around hard again. its smooth now, but the analog keeps wandering all the way left and either up or down. movement to the right is very slow aswell.
this is preventing me from pretty much playing anything. homebrew and UMD's.
I've tried re configuring it ( go to system setting > system information and rotate the stick slowly) and this hasn't worked.
i still have my little clear rubber in there. i've tried cleaning it a few timmes..but it's making me fairly angery. i dont have enough money or job to buy a whole new psp....and then i'd have to go through the trouble of finding an old battery on ebay.
So i'd like an estimate on a couple things.
First of all i major need the analog nub to be fixed and it is a priority. Ontop of this i need a new set of screws installed in it. During the multiple times i've opened her to try and fix this one issue i've lost some of the screws. Two on the back, the one of the bottom and the one of the top. To replace them so it still fits togather i've used the little black screws keeping a part of the shoulder button thingers in place and the one little screw by the charger. i know this is bad and soo many people will yell at me for this. but those aren't a major issue at the moment. but would be nice to see fixed. lol i could do it myself but if im paying.. i might as well fix the other little things
The secondary stuff i'd like done are simple mods, but i don't have the time nor the perscion ( i dont want to loose anymore screws). I'd like to have red sound reactive LED's in the shoulder buttons. and has anyone ever thought of putting some speakers just a little bigger to replace to old internal ones. i'd like a lil more sound but dont wanna sacrifice my UMD drive