PDA

View Full Version : what comes in the box?

Is'lan
November 14th, 2006, 18:37
I hear that in order to connect your Wii to the internet without WiFi you need to use a USB-to-ethernet adaptor. But does one actually come in the box, or do you need to buy it separately?

Also, what's the difference between composite and component cables? Do they use the same ports on the TV?

Anger
November 14th, 2006, 20:47
i dont think one comes in the box.

as for the cables - composite video is a single cable connection which is lower quality. the audio is carried in 2 other connectors making 3 in total. this is the most common kind and most pc's output this signal.

component cables split the video signal into 3 parts and is much better quality, however not a lot of devices support this input, and as before the audio is carried by a further 2 connectors making a grand total of 5.

I heart Nintendo
November 14th, 2006, 22:33
I can tell you now that a USB to ethernet adaptor defienetely doesn't come in the box.

curt_grymala
November 25th, 2006, 04:33
Not only does it not come in the box, but it won't even be available until sometime next year, and Nintendo does say, very clearly on their web site (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineWiredTS.jsp), that the only ones that will work with the Wii are the ones that will be specially made for the Wii.

However, if you really want to get on the Internet without a Wireless router, apparently you can buy the USB WiFi adapter that Nintendo released for the DS. It's about $35.00, and it requires Windows XP.

That's why I haven't gone online with my Wii, yet, as I don't feel like spending $35.00 on something I'll only be able to use when my computer's booted up and logged into Windows, when I'll be able to get the USB to Ethernet adapter in another few months, and be able to keep my Wii online all the time.