PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Genesis trailer dashes in

wraggster
November 15th, 2006, 19:55
This trailer of Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis, a GBA version of the spiny mascot's original outing, shows the 15-year-old Sega game to be as good as ever - just hit the movies tab to see it for yourself.

You'll be taken on a supersonic trip through the entire first act of the Green Hill zone, complete with Buzz bombers, Crabmeats, Motobugs and Newtrons - the classic enemies developer Sonic Team abandoned all too quickly in later games of the franchise.

The beautiful stylised graphics look thankfully untouched, although some of the sound effects seem different, especially when Sonic releases a Flicky from its robot shell. The spin dash attack (which wasn't introduced until later Sonic games) is also evident, although you can switch it off if you want to stay true to Sonic's first outing.

News and Trailer at Gamesradar (http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ds/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=20061115122440890076&releaseId=20061009154244937063)

JKKDARK
November 15th, 2006, 19:57
Oh yeah, it looks awesome. One of the latest great games for GBA. I will get it soon :)

Vegetable
November 16th, 2006, 08:39
Hasn't this game been out for almost, what, five years?

GobboFett
November 16th, 2006, 10:04
Wow, another re-hash for the GBA :mad: What we want is NEW sonic games not endless re-hashes of old software. I'm so glad I have a Mega Drive of my own so I don't need to bother with this...

Junixx
November 17th, 2006, 01:04
All the new sonic games on GBA suck, or well, they arent as good as the older ones (specifically Sonic 3 & Knuckles)

Shadowblind
November 17th, 2006, 01:23
Sonics been around for 15 years, and Ive been following since '92. I am inclined to agree that re-releasing this game will indeed be a waste on money, tho.

JKKDARK
November 17th, 2006, 01:36
All the new sonic games on GBA suck, or well, they arent as good as the older ones (specifically Sonic 3 & Knuckles)

The only not good Sonic for GBA is Sonic Advance 3. The other ones are great.

toymin80r
November 18th, 2006, 13:11
The only thing wrong that i see from this trailer is the sound effects, they should've just left everything that was on the original and added multiplayer or something.