PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Bigger Than Mario

wraggster
November 15th, 2006, 23:26
The fastest selling DS game of all time in Japan was once New Super Mario Bros. And then, Pokemon Diamond & Pearl saw release. According to a recent update on one of our favorite retailer blogs, it took just 46 days for the highly anticipated DS (dual SKU) RPG to reach the 3,000,000 mark, beating out the previous record holder, Mario.

Pokemon is the third DS game to reach triple platinum status in Japan, joining Mario and Animal Crossing. In contrast, the PlayStation 2 has seen just one game reach the coveted sales mark.

But Pokemon isn't the only thing that's selling on the DS. Nintendo's Common Sense Training game recently passed the 400,000 mark. Kirby, which was just released last week, has already topped the 200,000 mark.

Nintendo plans on shipping 1.5 million DS Lite units in December alone to Japan, according to this retailer. That probably won't be enough.

Via IGN (http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/746/746251p1.html)

Vegetable
November 16th, 2006, 01:51
I doubt Pokemon is bigger than Mario itself. NSMB just isn't that great a game.

Zerokenohki
November 16th, 2006, 09:40
Nintendo Conquer Handheld Gaming Next Stop... The World =)

GobboFett
November 16th, 2006, 10:12
Yes, I firmly agree that Pokemon is bigger that Mario. Having mind-numbing platformers with hairy eyebrowed midgets and retarded turtles isn't my idea of fun. I'm pretty sure that Mario should have died of a heart attack by now with his cholesterol-encrusted veins :D Pokemon has everything you ever wanted in a Video Game/RPG, why the hell WOULD you play Mario...

ACID
November 16th, 2006, 10:23
Well said gobbofett.

Vegetable
November 17th, 2006, 06:36
Pokemon has everything you ever wanted in a Video Game/RPG

You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

predalien
November 18th, 2006, 12:41
Pokemon is brilliant but Zelda on the Gameboy was there first! If you want a cool RPG to play until Diamond and Pearls US release then please play Digimon world - IT ROCKS!!!!

PS. Mario is fun!