PDA

View Full Version : Toukon Resouden 4 - Boot Problems

Fear and Loathing
November 16th, 2006, 00:49
Recently imported this game from play-asia and I am having some trouble getting it to load up. It doesn't seem to work with either the Action Replay or CDX boot discs or Utopia (thought I'd give it a try). Has anyone else had similar problems with this game (or other import titles) and know which boot disk I need to be using

Thanks in advance

Sonic-NKT
November 16th, 2006, 10:59
when does it hang? will it display the SEGA License Logo? if yes it could be the cable, if you use a VGA-box try composite or RGB.

Darksaviour69
November 16th, 2006, 11:22
i never got sports jam to boot. one of boot disc's i tryied (can't remember which) got it to boot but the picture was garbled.

best bet is to get a mod-chip

Fear and Loathing
November 16th, 2006, 12:29
It attempts to boot and just resets itself because it can't understand the disk. With Utopia it gets to like 94% and then just hangs. What other boot disks are there that I could attempt to use?

Darksaviour69
November 16th, 2006, 12:53
yeah with utopia, that % meter is meaningless, its there for show, e.g. 94% means nothing has loaded

fackue
November 16th, 2006, 18:48
Don't forget, there's import boot discs you can buy. Both DC-X and DC-IE are boot import booters that are ~$15 and can be found at Play-Asia. I've heard DC-X is the better of the two.

Wugy
November 16th, 2006, 22:38
I've Toukon Retsuden 4 and I use the cable composite, with the cable scart RGB the game reset after logo SEGA!

Fear and Loathing
November 16th, 2006, 23:56
I'll have to dig out the standard RF cable, been using SCART.

Wugy
November 19th, 2006, 00:39
I'll have to dig out the standard RF cable, been using SCART.

Yes! You can use standard RF cable, but resolution quality is low!