View Full Version : n00b questions

gotitatcost
November 16th, 2006, 06:55
1. what is ir shell ad what does it do
2. how do i freakin install neogeo cdz
3. what are e-books

jak66
November 16th, 2006, 07:14
1. iR Shell is a multi-tasking shell (temporaray XMB replacement) that can let you listen to music, veiw photos, play games, use your PSP as an infared remote, etc. Being a multi-tasking shell, you can have your own mp3's playing as music in the background of your favorite homebrew, or while viewing photos, etc
2. Put the folder(s) in the game folder then put the neogeocd bios in the folder with no %
3. No idea

pibs
November 16th, 2006, 07:18
im not so sure but i think the e-books are books u watch through ur psp photo or the web browser just go to google and type in psp e-books and u could download sum right off the spot

gotitatcost
November 16th, 2006, 07:36
about the ir shell. how can you use it as a remote.

tuta
November 16th, 2006, 08:37
U need to download ir codes to use em I havent got a hang of it and I dun see a point to it

ebooks are basically images of ur comic or novel pages,page by page resized according to ur psp screen so u cud read them with ur psp.
ebooks stands for electronical book if I am not wrong.

Cheyzak
November 16th, 2006, 11:21
Well, e-book is a book in electronic format. Meaning you can read it on your computer or portable device. There are many books on torrent or p2p. I use Bookr to read them.

bah
November 16th, 2006, 13:39
For the how to use neogeocdz part, this post (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=265607&postcount=7) might help (I hope).

Installation is the same as any homebrew, if you have a firmware 1.5 psp there will be 2 folders. The one without the '%' at the end of its name is where you put the extra files (neogeo bios/disc images etc). The folder with the % at the end never gets modified but must be copied over to the psp also to allow the program to run.

gotitatcost
November 17th, 2006, 01:06
ok i got it to the right way in the mem stick, but when i go to the folder to start the game it shows nothing.

bah
November 17th, 2006, 05:23
If you have the correct files in the right places it will run just fine. Your saying the emulator runs but when you try to select a disc image to run it wont load?

Make sure you're:
files are all in the right place.
using neo-geo CD disc images not neo-geo (cart) roms.
zipping the files correctly (as explained in other post) if you're compressing them.

If you cant get it working then search the psp news forum for previous releases of the emu, many of their threads contain tips/help getting it working.

Ive run this emu under both firmware 2.0 with eloader and now direct under 1.5 without issue (once I got my files zipped correctly).

gotitatcost
November 18th, 2006, 01:48
this is im more important. i upgraded to 2.71 se. it is ok installed, but when i select the game on mem stick in the xmb it freezes!?! and when i select internet browser it restores all the default settings. please help
p.s. i can acess anything else on the mem stick, just not the game mem stick

splodger15
November 18th, 2006, 10:39
^ ^
Create an ISO folder in the root of your memory stick

gotitatcost
November 19th, 2006, 01:58
ok thanks much better
i have one more question.
how does the neo geo emulator and cps2 emulator system work???? i know i have to have the bios, but i am confused about the rom conversion of the two and the way it has to be compressed and the cache. please help and where can o get the psx emu?