PDA

View Full Version : Sony screwed PSP owners again?

TCLCloud
November 17th, 2006, 12:51
With the PS3 released this week many PSP owners were expecting to see the fabled "3.00 firmware" containing many PS3 connectivity features and PSOne emulation.

However Sony have not done anything at all for PSP owners today, no update and no new demos, el zilcho,,,

So there has been one demo this month, the extremely poor and short "Ape Escape Banana Catch", hardly inspiring anyone to go buy the game.

Also Sony have not told US or European gamers anything about future updates, no real infomation about when or what it will have.....

So the Europeans have been left with nothing today, I know this makes me pretty annoyed....DS anyone?

JKKDARK
November 17th, 2006, 13:12
I would prefer no more firmwares. I'm still with my 1.5 =P

Edshugeo
November 17th, 2006, 14:00
The last thing I read about 3.0 was that it would be released at the end of the month. I like to think that they're a little nervous about Dark Alex and Booster and the fact they haven't exposed any new weaknesses to patch up by now.
Then again, that might not have anything to do with anything.

mcvader
November 17th, 2006, 14:29
Who gives a damn about when 3.00 fw comes out?
Unless you got a PS3 it would be useless unless you're worried about the Ps1 emu, I for one am not even thinking about trading dozens of emulators and huge amount of homebrew games just for a ps1 emu that you have to rebuy games for. Mabye when I get a PS3 i'll think about getting another PSP for firmware 3+. The longer it takes for sony to release updates the better, they can't release games that need 3.00 untill they release 3.00 can they. Why get a DS because of a lack of firmware updates on PSP?, the PSP already has a ton more functionability than the DS, I wouldn't trade my psp for 10 DS's with every game nintendo's released for it.

Edshugeo
November 17th, 2006, 14:59
Who gives a damn about when 3.00 fw comes out?
Unless you got a PS3 it would be useless unless you're worried about the Ps1 emu

The PS1 emu is precisely what many people are waiting for. As for caring about when 3.0 comes out, the sooner it is, the sooner it will be cracked.

I for one am not even thinking about trading dozens of emulators and huge amount of homebrew games just for a ps1 emu that you have to rebuy games for.

The trade off isn't necessary, just patience. While I have a few PS1 games in my collection, I don't have all of my favorites and some weren't paid for to begin with. So for me, $5 a game will not be an issue for those games that I won't be able to play on a hypothetical homebrew PS1 emulator.

NoQuarter
November 17th, 2006, 15:07
Eh,Oh well.
We pretty much have our cake and eat it too right now with the psp.Wether its homebrew or not we'll have our PS1 games.Personally I hope booster and dark alex are waiting for 3.00....

the_eternal_dark
November 17th, 2006, 20:21
Eh,Oh well.
We pretty much have our cake and eat it too right now with the psp.Wether its homebrew or not we'll have our PS1 games.Personally I hope booster and dark alex are waiting for 3.00....

Same here.

I'm also waiting for PS1P as well though...

zevende
November 17th, 2006, 21:35
With the PS3 released this week many PSP owners were expecting to see the fabled "3.00 firmware" containing many PS3 connectivity features and PSOne emulation.

However Sony have not done anything at all for PSP owners today, no update and no new demos, el zilcho,,,

So there has been one demo this month, the extremely poor and short "Ape Escape Banana Catch", hardly inspiring anyone to go buy the game.

Also Sony have not told US or European gamers anything about future updates, no real infomation about when or what it will have.....

So the Europeans have been left with nothing today, I know this makes me pretty annoyed....DS anyone?
I don't own a PS3, demos suck, and firmware updates are evil. I think they did homebrewers a favor by not making an update. Why buy a DS anyway? I had one, but I hated it so much I sold it after 2 weeks and bought my PSP.

Cloudhunter
November 17th, 2006, 23:03
They said it would be released closer to the end of the month.

Unless the 17th is the last day of the month, I can't see why it would have been released today...

Cloudy

LilSwish722
November 17th, 2006, 23:54
god dude...i waited so long for an eloader on the 2.80 im not about to update to the 3.00

Tetris999
November 18th, 2006, 01:27
well if the games that WE get for the ps1 emu work then woopdee doo ownage we need 3.00

the_eternal_dark
November 18th, 2006, 04:57
I don't own a PS3, demos suck, and firmware updates are evil. I think they did homebrewers a favor by not making an update. Why buy a DS anyway? I had one, but I hated it so much I sold it after 2 weeks and bought my PSP.

You bought a DS, did you try a DSLite? Love mine (I hated the phat), and besides, Nintendo has some really good games for it (Resident Evil, FFIII, MP:Hunters to name a few).

As for the 3.0 update, Sony may have found a security flaw and are trying to patch it up before the release. Good idea, but hacking this would be like finding the holy grail. If we could just "pull" the PS1 emu from the FW update, I'm sure we will see dark_alex add it to another SE firmware, but that would probably be illegal though.

mnuhaily22
November 18th, 2006, 07:54
I am actually lookin' forward to firmware 3.0 not to update to it, but to emulate it and be able to connect to a PS3 with it.

splodger15
November 18th, 2006, 10:43
I am actually lookin' forward to firmware 3.0 but to emulate it

If we can emulate it, i think sony are getting a bit worried as they possibly may think booster ,dark alex or someone has found an exploit and keeping it quiet

C0R3F1GHT3R
November 18th, 2006, 11:04
I would prefer no more firmwares. I'm still with my 1.5 =P
lol unless they release a fw that allows homebrew, isos, and emu.

splodger15
November 18th, 2006, 11:23
^ ^
That will never ever happen

mikebeaver
November 18th, 2006, 12:38
Im actually rather looking fporward to fw 3.0 at least that way, all those that want PS1 emulation etc now can upgrade and stop moaning about the wait for a homebrew version.personnaly I appreciate all the hard work Dark alex, booster and the countless others have put into the scene and hope one day I to will be able to add to it.

splodger15
November 18th, 2006, 12:40
have put into the scene and hope one day I to will be able to add to it.

You have to learn how to code

mikebeaver
November 18th, 2006, 13:56
lol, yeah thats kinda a problem at the moment, im not sure the laptop is upto it, been tootling around with VB trying to get apps to work, no luck so far :(
What should I be learning to code useful stuff? where to begin? thanks splodger :)

Cloudhunter
November 18th, 2006, 14:47
C++ for making applications in EBOOT format, and lua if you don't mind using lua player.

Cloudy

splodger15
November 18th, 2006, 15:53
You can code using lua or c++ , c++ is harder but lua is easier its up to you want you want to do

mikebeaver
November 18th, 2006, 16:33
Thanks guys, could you give me a link or two, to a tut if there is one about for LUA, think i'll try walking before I can run.

splodger15
November 18th, 2006, 16:42
heres the lua link
http://www.evilmana.com/tutorials/lua_tutorial_list.php

heres c++ link
http://www.psp-programming.com/tutorials/

mikebeaver
November 18th, 2006, 16:59
i would like to point out that the user's of this forum are possibly some of the most helpful people ive ever met!! :) thank you, will let you know how it goes with LUA

splodger15
November 18th, 2006, 17:16
Good luck in learning Lua